DVD Conversion Install Complete in Lower Compartment Below Radio - Pictures Included!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006 | 12:41 AM
Pro

DVD Conversion Install Complete in Lower Compartment Below Radio - Pictures Included!

I'm sure many of you have seen one of my previous posts with a PS2 conversion that I did in the glovebox but I decided to change up my setup and go to a standard DVD player. I moved my PS2 back into my house so I could play it on a bigger screen TV

I'm really picky and have really high standards for my installs so I wanted to take it to the one trusted place I always go to make sure it gets done right. My installer is the same one who did my previous PS2 install and once again he did an absolutely AMAZING job!

I didn't think it would be possible but he did the impossible and put the Myron & Davis DVD player I bought in the top lower compartment below the radio. And not only did he put it in there, he made it look SUPER CLEAN and factory.

I'll let the pics speak for themselves. Check it out!

Here's a close-up of the Myron & Davis DVD player. To put in the DVD player, he removed the top compartment and filled in the gap between the DVD player and the radio with a faceplate. Even the faceplate looks good cause it curves downward with the rest of the radio.

Here are two more shots from farther away to get another perspective.

And now for the money shots in the dark. Even the blue lights complement the blue lights in the radio!

DVD powering on.

DVD playing.

Everything in full view!

Here's the remote I'm using. It's also super small and easy to store away.

And here's a shot of the rocker switch that I purchased from Radio Shack for $2.99 to switch from Nav to DVD.

Like I keep on saying, my installer is unbelievable and I would highly recommend him to anyone who's thinking about doing this install and want it done right and clean. He's in the Northern Virginia area and is one of the most friendly and honest installers I've ever met. PM me if you want his contact info and I can give you a special referral to take with you for a great install price. I have a really good relationship with him and he treats all those that know me right And don't worry, I'm not making any comission or anything but just trying to spread the love of an awesome installation

Let me know what you all think!