DVD-Audio: Cirlinca's Solo creates DVD-As for your TL

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Young Again!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking DVD-Audio: Cirlinca's Solo creates DVD-As for your TL

Cirlinca’s DVD-Audio Solo is a nifty program that you can use to create DVD-Audio discs. They will work in your TL’s DVD-A player. The program costs $34.95. Trial version is fully functional for 30 days.

Caveat: Use DVD-R or DVD-RW blanks. They worked for me, while the (+) did not.

After you get the program from Cirlinca <http://www.cirlinca.com/welcome.htm> and you have installed the trial-version (I suggest going directly to the Beta 1.08) do the following:

1. Use DVD-Audio Solo Beta v1.0.8 to Write/Save the project to your hard-drive. Make sure that the correct DVD writer drive is selected in the "Select a DVD drive" box.

2. Save the DVD disc image to an ISO file.

3. Use Nero (or other DVD writing application) to write the ISO file to a DVD-R/RW disc.

4. The resulting DVD-A will play in your TL’s player. My TL is an ‘04.

5. Depending on your burner, you may be able to create a DVD-A disc directly, without having to save to an ISO file first. My burner is the OEM burner that came with my Dell 9100 about 6 months ago.

Please be aware that for this type of money DVD-A Solo does not convert stereo track to multi-channel track, but it does support multi-channel (up to 6 channel) audio tracks in wav and aiff formats, all channels in one file or in a set of mono channel files. If you want true 5.1 DVD-A authoring tools they will run into A LOT more money.

I have no financial interest in or from Cirlinca.[/FONT]