Dts!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dts!

I bought a CPO 07 TL about a month ago. It replaced my 02 TLS. Until now I thought the sound system was OK. I still thought the stock system in the 02 TLS sounded better (5 speaker Bose system). Up until now I've been playing mainly MP3s (320 bit rate) and using the Dobly PLII the sound and separation was nice. I listen to the XM every now and then but the quality is pretty poor.
Well using BitTorrent, I downloaded the Police Greatest Hits on DTS and burned it to disk. Popped it into the player and WOW--- it sounds amazing! Actually felt i was front and center at a concert with the different instruments around me. This system playing DTS audio really blew me away.
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I was truly impressed.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,999 Likes on 1,420 Posts
the TL's system is really great w/ dvd-A's. Sadly its not the greatest when listening to CD's or the ipod. I think acura should drop ELS and look at Harman Kardon's Logic 7, its sounds amazing.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:12 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Tag, I'm glad you found DTS Audio discs. They're hard to find now. I used to buy them at the DTS site, but I think they've taken them down now. But there are other sites where you can buy DTS discs and other DVD Audio discs. Try www.acousticsounds.com. Also CD Universe has some too at www.cduniverse.com. Amazon also has them as well as Buy.com. There's still some great DTS discs to be had. Steely Dan has a few, Sheryl Crow, Sting has some solo discs out and Moody Blues have a couple as well. Marvin Gaye and Everclear also have DTS discs out as well. Those are some of the more popular artists with DTS discs available.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Man of God.....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

The bad news is. DTS is fading fast. You used to see it on all the good - great movie releases. But no more. Funny thing is, why? I don't know. Do you? It's the best bandwidth. It sounds enough better that when I put in a DTS/DVD at home. My wife says "I'll bet this is in DTS" and she clams to be tone deaf! I am really disappointed that DTS is falling of the shelves. Its the battle of the fittest I guess.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
If you want a good DTS disc, see if you can find the Eagles' Hell Freezes Over. Very good DTS recording, but make sure you turn off your Navi's voice commands before playing (if you're using your Navi at the time), as it will interrupt the vocals when it tells you where to turn.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Originally Posted by Spiritman
The bad news is. DTS is fading fast. You used to see it on all the good - great movie releases. But no more. Funny thing is, why? I don't know. Do you? It's the best bandwidth. It sounds enough better that when I put in a DTS/DVD at home. My wife says "I'll bet this is in DTS" and she clams to be tone deaf! I am really disappointed that DTS is falling of the shelves. Its the battle of the fittest I guess.
You're right Spiritman. As a radio disc jockey, it almost pisses me off that surround sound didn't make it. If people just heard the difference ONCE-they would flock to these discs. We live in such a convenience oriented society now with freakin' MP3's and portable-ness that no one wants to go to the trouble of hooking up surround sound in their homes....that's where it all starts-in the home. But it was, "too many cables and too complicated" for most people.

Originally Posted by 1995hoo
If you want a good DTS disc, see if you can find the Eagles' Hell Freezes Over. Very good DTS recording, but make sure you turn off your Navi's voice commands before playing (if you're using your Navi at the time), as it will interrupt the vocals when it tells you where to turn.
Hell Freezes Over is, by far, one of the best DTS recordings-ever! If you get a chance to buy this in the video version, it's even better because you see them on stage too! You feel like you're actually sitting in the audience.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Man of God.....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I do still love my 2ch stereo. Take a look at my ref. headphone amp. The famous Dr. Woo 3.

Plug-in my Grados RS1's and the world fades away. One distinct note at a time.....
Old 02-04-2009, 05:40 AM
10th Gear

what program did you use to burn the DTS disc. i have tried several to no avail
Old 02-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Nismo TL yo!

Originally Posted by Tag66
I bought a CPO 07 TL about a month ago. It replaced my 02 TLS. Until now I thought the sound system was OK. I still thought the stock system in the 02 TLS sounded better (5 speaker Bose system). Up until now I've been playing mainly MP3s (320 bit rate) and using the Dobly PLII the sound and separation was nice. I listen to the XM every now and then but the quality is pretty poor.
Well using BitTorrent, I downloaded the Police Greatest Hits on DTS and burned it to disk. Popped it into the player and WOW--- it sounds amazing! Actually felt i was front and center at a concert with the different instruments around me. This system playing DTS audio really blew me away.
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I was truly impressed.
Can you give some directions on how you burned the file? What format was it in, what burning program did you use, what were the settings, etc? I've been wanting to do this for a while but could never figure it out and didnt want to keep wasting DVD's.

Thanks