Dom's Nav Video Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dom's Nav Video Issue

I installed my Viper alarm a few months ago or so and ever since around that time my screen has been displaying video at a lower quality level.

I have a unit which has a laptop hard drive in it located in the center console. It has music videos on it and is controlled via IR remote. It plugs into 3 female RCA connectors which then has longer RCA cable that runs back to the trunk connections to Dom's unit.

I thought perhaps I bumped something loose behind the Navigation or console when I took the console apart in order to install the relays that turn on front/rear defrost. After thinking about it I don't think Dom's unit even connects to the back of the Navigation and only the X2 or whatever unit it is that plugs into the Satellite port for audio does as far as I know (I didn't install all this stuff). I took the center console back apart and wiggled wires and played with the RCA connectors but nothing seemed to make a difference. I've even tried my iPhone video cable into the RCA connectors to make sure it wasn't the hard drive unit and same issue with reddish color and low quality/clarity.

I've gone in the trunk and wiggled wires on Dom's unit and even switched the RCA's to the other port which made no difference.

I have no clue what's going on here but am very pissed my videos look like **** now. Any clues what may have happened or what to check? I can't imagine the RCA wires or female connectors went bad all the sudden but if it isn't that then I'm totally lost.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Dominic@n TL

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Same thing happened to me with my doms unit..eventually had to end up changing the unit itself and it was resolved.....call Kim at nav2go and talk to her she was the one that helped me out and gave escellent customer service.