RE: Engine noise...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Traveling the country

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RE: Engine noise...

So about a month ago I made a thread about having engine noise through my speakers. Well the next couple of weeks I am going to be only working 2-3 days a week so I plan to do what ever it takes to get rid of this noise. It is driving me crazy.

I am looking for suggestion on EVERY thing that I should check, even if it is small. The noise is to the point to where I do not listen to music or use the HFL. It is even worse now that I upgraded the center channel and tweeters.

Quote from previous thread:

"It is all stock. Not sure what the previous owner may have done.

When I started the car I hear a wine when ever the radio is on. It does not get really loud the faster I got, but if I turn the radio down to a lower setting 1-10 I can hear the wine it changes a little with RPM but does not get much louder.

I have not tried it with a CD, only the radio. I have a Monster device that plays my portable sat radio over the fm waves and it does it with that as well.

I have also noticed that I do not really get any bass from the sub, do they normally have decent bass?

Guess when I get back home I will try and dive into it and see if I can find any aftermarket things on it any where. But so far all looks stock."

"I found a step down bouncing around the rear deck so I removed it and put electrical tape around the wires.

There was a large amp power wire (possibly zero gauge) that was still connected to the battery so I disconcerted it. It has a 100 amp fuse in it.

Also where I found that harness further under the seat there is a 2nd one, so who ever had this car had a pretty good setup in it. I am guessing that when they removed everything, or the parts they did something is not grounded right or grounded that should not be."

Here is a pics of the stock amp

Harness I found under the passenger seat.