A couple of questions on HFL

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006 | 03:28 PM
AVB for President!

A couple of questions on HFL

I have a 05 5AT w/ Navi:

1. I've searched on the forums, but I couldn't find a comprehensive listing of all the HFL-specific voice commands. I've seen the global commands for navigation/audio/climate control, but not HFL.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of HFL-specific voice commands?

Lazy ass me finally paired my phone after almost 4 months of having a BT-enabled phone.

2. I assume that I'll have to enter in contacts in the TL's phone book so I can voice dial those, correct? (In other words, it won't read the phone's phone book)

3. When I began pairing my phone, the HFL gave me an option for a security code, which is different than the PIN that I would enter in the phone. What is this for and how do I enable it in the future (I said "no" when it asked me if I wanted to use it)?

4. What is the recommended settings on the phone (I have a Motorola E815) so that it only turns on BT when it is close enough to the car or when the car is on?

5. If I have my BT headset on at the same time, how will the TL handle this situation?

6. When I'm on a call, the voice of the person I'm talking to sounds a tiny bit "boomy" as if there is too much bass. Is there a way to correct this?
Old 04-16-2006 | 03:05 AM
AVB for President!

Not a single response?
Old 04-16-2006 | 06:10 PM
Registered but harmless

1. Check manuals
2. Correct- you will need to re-enter
3. You may not want others (teen drivers) to be on phone in car...
4. My V551 only has BT "On" or "Off"; I set up a shortcut to turn the BT off to save phone battery power when I am away from the car. With BT "on," the TL detects and holds on for about 30 feet.
5. Don't know; never used BT headset.
6. Don't know if there is way to adjust HFL speaker quality (mine is fine). You can adjust HFL volume lower using the steering wheel volume control (HFL operates independently from audio, so both settings will remain on settings you choose).
Old 04-17-2006 | 12:25 AM
Racer

For #5-
Since most phones only allow connections to one device at a time, you'll have to choose between the headset or HFL. The headset connection while in the car may be a bit redundant, unless you need call privacy. If you're in the middle of a call using the headset, the phone may not connect to the cars HFL, until after you end the call and manually connect phone to the HFL.

This will really be more a function of the phone and you may have to manually disconnect and then connect each device when you want to switch.
Old 04-18-2006 | 01:29 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TLTrance
I have a 05 5AT w/ Navi:

1. I've searched on the forums, but I couldn't find a comprehensive listing of all the HFL-specific voice commands. I've seen the global commands for navigation/audio/climate control, but not HFL.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of HFL-specific voice commands?

Lazy ass me finally paired my phone after almost 4 months of having a BT-enabled phone.
I would suggest checking the manual. But IMO, all you need to know is "Pair", "Dial" and "One" -> "Nine"

2. I assume that I'll have to enter in contacts in the TL's phone book so I can voice dial those, correct? (In other words, it won't read the phone's phone book)
Yeap, that sucks.... Actually it uses that to response to your voice command, as when you say "Dail honey", it will repeat your "honey" "tag"... If it lets you import the whole phonebook, it will be really hard to identify the name you want to call

3. When I began pairing my phone, the HFL gave me an option for a security code, which is different than the PIN that I would enter in the phone. What is this for and how do I enable it in the future (I said "no" when it asked me if I wanted to use it)?
Just think of it as an user/pass between HFL & your phone. Doesn't make much sense here, as all we need for HFL is receive our calls...

4. What is the recommended settings on the phone (I have a Motorola E815) so that it only turns on BT when it is close enough to the car or when the car is on?
I don't think there's any phone that allows you to do that. If its BT is off, how can it knows there's a BT device nearby???

5. If I have my BT headset on at the same time, how will the TL handle this situation?
Think of TL as another BT headset. If TL is already connected with the phone, nothing happens. If your phone is with BT headset, it may connect to TL, if it has the capability of connect to 2 BT devices at the same time....

6. When I'm on a call, the voice of the person I'm talking to sounds a tiny bit "boomy" as if there is too much bass. Is there a way to correct this?
Reduce the bass of the sound system