Could somebody be kind enough to help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could somebody be kind enough to help me out?

Ok, I did the following steps using Adobeman’s instructions.

1. I downloaded “Adobeman’s DVD GUI”

2. I clicked on “Make DVDA”……(it’s processing)…(Done)…”The DVDA image was created. It is at: “C\Program Files\Adobeman’s DVDA\IMAGES\untitled.iso”

3. This is where I have a hard time. I’m using Nero 6, but no luck

Could someone please walk me through the last step?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, sorry i had to make another thread. I thought i would get a faster response.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Lt. Dangle

Originally Posted by Tone-NBP
Ok, I did the following steps using Adobeman’s instructions.

1. I downloaded “Adobeman’s DVD GUI”

2. I clicked on “Make DVDA”……(it’s processing)…(Done)…”The DVDA image was created. It is at: “C\Program Files\Adobeman’s DVDA\IMAGES\untitled.iso”

3. This is where I have a hard time. I’m using Nero 6, but no luck

Could someone please walk me through the last step?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, sorry i had to make another thread. I thought i would get a faster response.
What are you seeing when you try to burn the ISO? Is it failing? Does it appear to work, but the disc does not play? Can you specify the burner and media you are using? Any reason you have not upgraded to Nero 7? Is Nero 6 fully patched?
Old 09-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Instructor

As an IT Administrator running a help desk, a description such as "no luck" will not help us assist you with the problem.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:13 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a much simpler solution. Download Deepburner Free. The program is very intuitive, has a small footprint and will not conflict with any other programs. I haven't experienced any probs with it and BTW, I do have Nero and Roxio installed also. DB is much easier........
Old 09-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Inside of nero.............File> open > choose ISO > burn
Old 09-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
Here's a much simpler solution. Download Deepburner Free. The program is very intuitive, has a small footprint and will not conflict with any other programs. I haven't experienced any probs with it and BTW, I do have Nero and Roxio installed also. DB is much easier........
this is so much simpler and is garunteed to work in the TL, i have created 4-5 dvd-a disks with it.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Instructor

Thank you all for trying to help me.

Let me know if step 1-2 is correct cause step 3 is where I have trouble burning.

"Inside of nero.............File> open > choose ISO > burn"

Here goes,

I opened up Nero StartSmart and there are 2 options: DVD or CD.

I chose DVD

On the bottom there are 6 options: Favorites, Data, Audio, Photo/Video, Copy/Backup & Extras.

I chose Copy & Backup

Underneath Copy & Backup, there are 5 options: Copy Disc, Back up files, Restore Backups, Schedule Backups & Burn Image to Disc.

I chose Burn image to Disc

Nero asked to open the file…..Went to get the ISO file which was saved in the IMAGES FOLDER

Hit NEXT > Burn disc, but it did not save on the disc, it just made a Nero Disc Image instead?

When i get home tonight i will give the Deepburner Free a try.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
you have to use nero burning rom, not that. It is in the nero tab in the start menu. ALso what nero version are you running?
Old 09-26-2006, 07:15 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Tone-NBP - I PMed you before I saw this thread (in response to your message) and said the same thing as the others here.

Originally Posted by noah82
As an IT Administrator running a help desk, a description such as "no luck" will not help us assist you with the problem.
You poor bastard . I'm a developer for a company with a help desk supports about 50,000 desktops around the world. I often comment that the help desk has an impossible job. They simply can't be expert on all apps. Especially custom business apps like I write.

Yes, "No Luck" is weak but this ain't no stinkin' help desk. Us IT folks should leave the surly, superior, RTFM stuff at work. But alas perhaps the inner monologue which must be restrained at work slips out under the cover of anonymity on a BBS
Old 09-26-2006, 07:43 PM
rec
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tone-NBP
Thank you all for trying to help me.

Let me know if step 1-2 is correct cause step 3 is where I have trouble burning.

"Inside of nero.............File> open > choose ISO > burn"

Here goes,

I opened up Nero StartSmart and there are 2 options: DVD or CD.

I chose DVD

On the bottom there are 6 options: Favorites, Data, Audio, Photo/Video, Copy/Backup & Extras.

I chose Copy & Backup

Underneath Copy & Backup, there are 5 options: Copy Disc, Back up files, Restore Backups, Schedule Backups & Burn Image to Disc.

I chose Burn image to Disc

Nero asked to open the file…..Went to get the ISO file which was saved in the IMAGES FOLDER

Hit NEXT > Burn disc, but it did not save on the disc, it just made a Nero Disc Image instead?

When i get home tonight i will give the Deepburner Free a try.
I use NeroExpress and it burns ISO files fine using the steps above.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Instructor

Adobeman, thanks for the PM. I really appreciated. I did the same thing you told me.

I'm just going to try a few more and if that doesn't work, i will move on to the deepburning.

REC....I am using Nero 6.0 and i just tried the Nero Express

Asked: Which recorder would you like to use?

I chose E: HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-4040N (DVD)

What would you like to burn?

I chose Disc image or saved project

Nero asked to open the ISO file, so i did that, click NEXT to proceed.

Now, it only take DVD+R and reject DVD-R disc.

So i used the DVD+R and it seems to work. When it was done burning, i tested in the car and the f'en thing didn't work?

Now, i read that the majority of the people uses DVD-R disc, but i must of selected something else cause it's not taking the DVD-R disc???
Old 09-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Instructor

I usually just double click the iso file and let nero burn it for me without changing any settings. I've only been able to get DVD-R to work myself.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Cruisin'

Your DVD writer probably does not support the DVD-R format.

Either replace the DVD writer (Internal or External) or use another computer that has a DVD writer that supports the DVD-R format. Or try other DVD+R media brands that may work on your TL. Try searching, others may have been successful with DVD+R.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:35 AM
Instructor

OK guys, i got it to work but...

Here it goes.

I downloaded Deepburner, got it to work using Memorex DVD+R disc since that's the only option my DVD writer wants.

When done, i went out and test it, boom, it worked. I was extremely happy. Listened to a few songs, scran through all 39 songs.

After a while i test it again and it went DEAD on me

For some reason it would not work.

Could it be my Memorex DVD+R disc?
Old 09-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Instructor

Weird, but this morning it worked again.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tone, fact is the ELS system prefers DVD-R instead of +R although a few folks have had success with them in their cars. The majority I believe use -R discs without encountering any compatability problems. The suggestion of getting a new burner would indeed solve your problem. So, was DB easy or what?
Old 09-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
Tone, fact is the ELS system prefers DVD-R instead of +R although a few folks have had success with them in their cars. The majority I believe use -R discs without encountering any compatability problems. The suggestion of getting a new burner would indeed solve your problem. So, was DB easy or what?

I read about that, that’s why I ran out and bought some DVD–R disc. When trying to burn it thru Nero, the burner rejected it. At the time I was so lost, I thought it was me, but really the burner.

Now DB was a piece of cake and it worked w/DVD+R and I didn’t understand why Nero 6.0 didn’t do the same. I like to get a new burner, but the one that came with my Dell I8600 laptop work ok. If this works consistently, then I don’t have to get a new burner.

Anyway, I appreciate your help. Good looking out.

Adobeman, thanks for the sweet program. You’re da man! I will look forward on your other thread converting it to 4 channels.

Thanks everyone.