Constant Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 03:47 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Constant Problem

I have had a problem with my radio ever since I got my car three months ago. The radio (cd/fm/xm/and even the HFL) go in and out at times. On cold starts there is no sound for at least 20 minutes. The cd is playing but no sound comes out of the speakers. The navigation audio will work but all of the other audio functions do not work. I brought it in for service but it was working then and they could not find anything wrong with it. Has anyone experienced this problem and know the cause of this?
Old 01-28-2005, 09:13 AM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I haven't experienced this, but it's obvious that you need to take it back into the shop for repair. You may need to leave it with them for a few days before they can reproduce the problem.

Another option is to drive directly to them on a morning/night that it happens to you instead of going to work/home/wherever. I have done this myself, and the service crew have noted in my records that they have seen the problem for when I do bring it back for repair.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Computer Techie Geek

I did see another post on the similar issue, someone pointed out that it had to be a problem with the main AMP. so yes get it checked out.

good luck re-producing the problem in front of the dealer
Old 04-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Cruisin'

I got the problem fixed a month ago. It was a problem with the amp. They replaced it and I have not experienced the problem since. Thank you all for your help.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Intermediate

Angry Same issue but evidently not just on Cold starts

Jobbin,

I am experiencing the same symptoms, but less frequently, and not always on a cold start. I've had my 04 TL for a little more than a year and the problem has happened to me 3 times. The first time it happened I was actually already driving and listening to music when it went out. The last 2 occasions were within the past 2 months and were on startup. I did the frustrating shutdown of the car (which must be running under some flavor of MS Windows OS) and evidently if you do not wait long enough before starting the car back up the problem still exists.

So I called my local Acura Dealers Service Department, and they claim that they have never heard of such a problem, it's not documented, and that if they can't recreate it- they are not going to fix it. That is kind of frustrating when this problem happens about 3 times a year for me (so far). I'd rather not wait till my warranty is up for the amp to go out if it is faulty.

Is there any info you may have gotten in having this issue repaired that I could go back to them with so they might recognize it as a valid "known" issue?
Also, you mentioned you got it fixed, was it entirely covered under warranty?

Thank you,
cybermatrix