Congrats to ChicoOG, on this great debute in IASCA sound quality competition :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats to ChicoOG, on this great debute in IASCA sound quality competition :)

Just want to give a shoutout to my man Mike aka chicoOG on his great debute in IASCA sound quality competition here in california.

his install:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/goal-competition-ready-sound-system-726990/

This past sunday, we had a comp in seaside. the pool of cars wasnt big, but the level of sound quality represented was pretty high compared to the previous shows.

a simple fact to showcase this point, my own car, at the last norcal comp, took home 1st place in overall sound quality out of 20 plus cars, by a handy 10 or more points. this time, with absolutely no changes, I struggled to come home 4th overall out of a dozen cars

Mike's car, despite VERY little tuning time of just a few hours, did awesome.

he handily won his rookie class, where both sound and install was being judged. and looking at his score sheet, he would have prolly won the past few comps i have attended in class as well.

but to me, what really show cased how well his car did was in the overall sound quality scores. this class, known as SQC, is open to every car at the competition. meaning rookies, amateurs, pros and experts all competes together for best sound overall.

in this domain, Mike's TL came in 3rd overall! completely destroying my car by almost 10 points, which in SQC score terms, is a pretty large margin he also came in only 2 points behind the 2nd place finisher, a VW Gti i did recently that had more than twice the tuning time.

So congrats again man! your dedication to drive so far down to compete is awesome, and i think with some more tuning time, and having more experience under your belt (such as not setting the subwoofer volume so hgih before being judged ), will mean that your scores will continue to improve from here on!

i dont enjoy getting beat in SQ, but when its my own customers doing the beatin and a great guy like Mike, it feels great and i am very proud

b

p.s. mike, just remember in the future about positive and negative wires
Old 06-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Race Director

Received 596 Likes on 430 Posts
nice, cant wait to see this in person
Old 06-29-2009, 11:22 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Congrats!
Old 06-29-2009, 11:33 AM
blah

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
That looks really sick. I like how chicoOG made the option to put the optional covers in the trunk; I've never seen that before and I think that's a great idea.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vietnastee
That looks really sick. I like how chicoOG made the option to put the optional covers in the trunk; I've never seen that before and I think that's a great idea.
hehe i do it on most of my installs if you ever wanna check it out. www.simplicityinsound.com
Old 06-29-2009, 12:44 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome Mike...

well done sir...and Bing...great work and keep it up to the both of you!

many more wins to come!

-Jason
Old 06-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the compliments

As Bing said, the level of competition was impressive...I didn't expect to win anything, was just hoping to learn some things and get to know the format.

I have a list of 6-10 things to tweak before the acurafest meet, looking forward to getting peoples impressions

If you ever need an install, it is worth getting on the waiting list to see Bing. The guy is a master craftsman with an excelent reputation in the industry.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats Mike and Bing. Great install. I guess 3rd times the charm

Did you have other customers cars in the competitions beside the GTi and Mikes TL?
Old 07-01-2009, 01:07 AM
Advanced

there is about a total of 6 or 7 cars out there right now, who competes from time to time, but hard to get more than 3 of htem to show up to the same show as they are spread around from norcal to socal

by the end of this year, i hope to grow that number a dozen or so and have 4-5 at each show hehe..

at the lsat norcal event, i had three other cars beside my own there...

we ended up taking home 1st, and 3rd in rookie class SQI, along wtih 4th in that class as well. and my own car winning pro class and overall sq.

cant emphasize enough how much harder the "overall SQ" class is than the individual sq/install classes. as you go up against every car in every class....whcih puts mike's 3rd place in that category into perspective...and mike's SQ score with 2 hours of tuning, easily outpaces mine with gosh...a year and a half of playing around? i never hoped for two brand spanking new competitors to be able to get a trophy in the overall sq category on their first attempt....

Last edited by simplicityinsound; 07-01-2009 at 01:12 AM.