Blitzsafe

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Blitzsafe

Hey guys,

I volunteered my car for blitzsafe to test their unit last week. They were in their final testing stage and everything worked perfectly. It was a nail bitting experience while they were taking my car apart to get to the radio. It was definitely not a short process. But after it was all done, my car was back in one piece, whew. There were 3 people who worked on this test, one in customer relations and two engineers.

The test was to capture the communication flow between the radio and the unit. They said everything was working fine and will roll it out soon. They tested the unit with their Ipod and the quality was flawless. There was no interference with the engine, while idle...didn't drive the car around. However, XM will be cut off. If you guys don't know how it works, the unit creates a CD changer selection on the radio, meaning that on the same button, there will be tape/CD/CD changer and CD changer will access the blitzsafe. The audio for now is being fed through the XM line.

For those who doesn't want their XM cut off, they are in the process of building a switcher within the unit that switches XM audio flow to the blitzsafe audio flow whenever it is activated. They may have something by next month.

I have no pictures since I didn't bring my camera during the project, they took pictures of their work for themselves. When they give me the unit, I will install it and post some pictures during my process.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can u explain how they took the head unit out, I got the adapter. But am trying to figure out how to get behind head unit. I removed carbon strips, and have been informed the vent has to come off. Any advice?