Blitzsafe

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 10:24 AM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Blitzsafe

Anyone know if there is an adapter yet or a way to hook aux sound up to the stereo without losing XM? Thanks
Old 07-26-2004, 09:16 PM
Anthracite Trend Setter

bump
Old 07-26-2004, 10:19 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not yet.....I'm on it.....when they become available I'll post here within minutes

BJ
Old 07-27-2004, 07:08 AM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Good work BJ. With your constant hounding have you been able to get an estimated release date?
Old 09-01-2004, 01:21 PM
04 TL 6MT A-Spec Navi ABP

Blitzsafe AUX here?

Hey all,

A Blitzsafe tech claims that they have a new unit that gives AUX to the 2004 TL - HON/SNY ITI V.2. It's not on their site as they say it is too new. It was described that it interfaces between the head unit and the navi. They also have a model for non-navi cars. Anyone heard anything?

John
Old 09-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

I'll call my guy tomorrow and see if he knows anything about this HON/SNY ITI V.2 harness.

BJ
Old 09-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Intermediate

Any update BJ?
Old 09-02-2004, 03:06 PM
Moonwalker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blitzsafe AUX

On their bulletin board, one of their guys says they have an aux adapter ready. I don't see it in their catalog yet.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:38 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Just spoke to my guy, and here's the update:

1. It's coming out in three weeks as the hold up is with XM Radio and Terk who are having some interface issues in the 'black box' that does the legwork in the setup.

2. The first generation version will act simply as a faux AUX input and will allow simple navigation via the radio only (skip, play, pause, folder, etc.) and will have nothing to do with interfacing with the nav touchscreen.

3. ID3 tags will be visible wherever the current XM Radio tags are shown (nav screen, clock area).

4. No announcements yet, but big speculation that a future version will indeed have a specific interaction with the nav touchscreen which could include folder icons, album cover thumbnails, etc. Again, just speculation.

So it seems that before Week 3 of the NFL season (thank God it's coming soon) we'll be able to store our iPods in the glove box and skip-skip-skip via the steering wheel while listening to our playlists/artists in our 2005 TL's. Kewl.

BJ
Old 09-02-2004, 10:46 PM

Thanks for the leg work BJ!

Is the unit to which you are referring the HON/SNY ITI V.2 or is it a different part #? Is this an interface specifically for the iPod or will it also provide simple AUX input as well?

John
Old 09-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Intermediate

? for Boltjames

Sorry to bother you again, but any update BJ???

I am waiting on this to install everything.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:24 PM

While we're eagerly waiting for BJ's reply, I have a few extra bits of information.

I just received the HON/SON ITI V.2 that I plan to use while I await the iPod adapter. It plugs in series with the Navi system and gives audio in. I was tired of using the crappy FM modulator. Interestingly enough, it also has a Sony CD changer plug that allows you to install and control that device too. Have not tried it as I do not see a need for more CDs.

I called Blitzsafe last week and spoke to an engineer, asking him about the iPod interface. He had no idea what I was talking about. He said that they are thinking of making "something like that" but did not think that they even started the project. I tend think that he did not know what he was talking about though.

I certainly hope that an iPod interface is close at hand. Even basic integration of controls would be nice.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:03 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by rosko23
Sorry to bother you again, but any update BJ???

I am waiting on this to install everything.

Yup. Here's the update, and it's not good. Well, it's not bad, but it's not good.

The companies in question have submitted several unique patents to the USPTO and will not release the TL/iPod products until their patents have issued. The good news is that the features will blow you away. The bad news is that the US government takes its sweet time in issuing patents so don't hold your breath.

BJ
Old 09-21-2004, 09:57 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by boltjames
Yup. Here's the update, and it's not good. Well, it's not bad, but it's not good.

The companies in question have submitted several unique patents to the USPTO and will not release the TL/iPod products until their patents have issued. The good news is that the features will blow you away. The bad news is that the US government takes its sweet time in issuing patents so don't hold your breath.

BJ
omg they are awaiting the patents? this could take years.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:06 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by caball88
omg they are awaiting the patents? this could take years.
The person that knows the info first hand claims that the wait shouldn't be that much longer and that we're looking at December, January '05 at the latest.

BJ
Old 09-23-2004, 03:39 PM
Intermediate

Caball88:

If Blitzsafe waits for patents, we'll never see this product. More likely, they will apply for patents and then release the product with a "patent-pending" label.

BJ:

Any hints you can give out on the features of the "patent-pending" product???

Draiden:

How is the HON/SON ITI V.2 working? Am I correct that in using this adapter, the AUX input replaces XM? If so, that's not a workable option for me. I want both!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 03:52 PM

NewMexiCat

The Blitzsafe unit that I'm using (HON/SNY ITI V.2) does not kill XM. You press the CD button on the dash 2 times and this unit somehow senses what you have done and switched from internal CD changer to AUX input.

It's a workable solution for me until the iPod adapter comes out. Actually, I use it with a Kenwook Music Keg now. I was tired of using that FM modulator. Even a good modulator seems to severly limit the frequency range enough to be annoying.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Intermediate

Draiden:

That is cool! I didn't know that was how it was implemented.
Did you install yourself? I DIY'd an aux-input on my 1996 RL, but I'm a little hesitant to take apart the intricate dash of the TL.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:46 PM

Not a hard install, just a lot of patience. If you have small hands or oddly shaped tools, you can get the connector in without removing the electronics - just dash pieces. There are some good threads here on dash disassembly I believe. It's a nice piece. Can't wait for the iPod one!
Old 10-06-2004, 02:45 PM
10th Gear

Has anyone tried this?

http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/HO...003_p_199.html

I have no use for specifically an Ipod interface. What I would like to do is build a Unilink to RS232 converter like this:

http://gnunilink.sourceforge.net/

And then use RS232 to control various devices... somehow...

Anyone think this will work?

They also have this if you don't feel like building your own device to preserve steering wheel functionality:

http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/ST...Y_I_p_596.html

TGP
Old 10-06-2004, 05:47 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Draiden
NewMexiCat

The Blitzsafe unit that I'm using (HON/SNY ITI V.2) does not kill XM. You press the CD button on the dash 2 times and this unit somehow senses what you have done and switched from internal CD changer to AUX input.

It's a workable solution for me until the iPod adapter comes out. Actually, I use it with a Kenwook Music Keg now. I was tired of using that FM modulator. Even a good modulator seems to severly limit the frequency range enough to be annoying.

Draiden,

What year TL do you have? Also, can you send me a link on the exact adapter that does this? I am very interested.

Thanks,

Y2J
Old 10-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Intermediate

? for Draiden

Draiden-

I know you said you use it for the Music Keg, but I wanted to know if it would work with the AV Electronic unit. I am assuming yes, but how does the sound quality sound? I have seen many people posting that they have poor sound quality when tapping into the XM wires, unless they use a relay, but I wanted to see if maybe I could use this adapter to get around all that.... thanks for your help.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:55 PM

The good and the bad... This adaptor provides for great sound. Although, connecting to the XM wires using a relay might provide the same sound. Definately, if you try tapping into XM without a relay the sound will suffer though. I see no reason that it would not work with the AV Electronic unit. Since you would be just using it for AUX in, al should be well. Blitzsafe is reasonably helpful, athough you sometimes have to work to get a direct answer out of them. Give them a call and run by what you want to do... 201-569-5000

All the best with your install!

Originally Posted by rosko23
Draiden-

I know you said you use it for the Music Keg, but I wanted to know if it would work with the AV Electronic unit. I am assuming yes, but how does the sound quality sound? I have seen many people posting that they have poor sound quality when tapping into the XM wires, unless they use a relay, but I wanted to see if maybe I could use this adapter to get around all that.... thanks for your help.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Intermediate

The good and the bad... This adaptor provides for great sound. Although, connecting to the XM wires using a relay might provide the same sound. Definately, if you try tapping into XM without a relay the sound will suffer though. I see no reason that it would not work with the AV Electronic unit. Since you would be just using it for AUX in, al should be well. Blitzsafe is reasonably helpful, athough you sometimes have to work to get a direct answer out of them. Give them a call and run by what you want to do... 201-569-5000

Does the AUX adaptor kill the built-in XM?

THanks,

Y2J
Old 10-07-2004, 06:15 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by tgpaul
Has anyone tried this?

http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/HO...003_p_199.html

I have no use for specifically an Ipod interface. What I would like to do is build a Unilink to RS232 converter like this:

http://gnunilink.sourceforge.net/

And then use RS232 to control various devices... somehow...

Anyone think this will work?

They also have this if you don't feel like building your own device to preserve steering wheel functionality:

http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/ST...Y_I_p_596.html

TGP
Could someone please review the product that I found? Not sure why it wouldn't suffice...

TGP
Old 10-08-2004, 08:25 AM
Racer

Ok like many others on this board, I have the avelectronics unit, I could care less about using the "touch screen" for anything with the DVD or any type of iPOD interface. I just want an auxillary input that will not affect XM (as in cut the volume in half..). What is the best solution that anyone can provide me. Please be as detailed as possible Thanks so much.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NewMexiCat

Please everyone read this post from eariler in this thread ... XM isn't killed by this adapter. There is no mention of sound volume loss either.
Old 10-09-2004, 02:25 AM
Intermediate

I just got done throwing a couple relays in to switch between XM and my Rio Karma, and I have not gotten on sound degradation or volume loss. My next conquest is to route the switch and input to the front of the car instead of through the rear armrest. Anyone know the easiest way to route cables to the front?

Y2J
Old 10-09-2004, 02:28 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by spyfish007
Please everyone read this post from eariler in this thread ... XM isn't killed by this adapter. There is no mention of sound volume loss either.
Does it work with Navi?
Old 10-11-2004, 09:29 AM
Intermediate

Thanks Draiden.. I am going to order this product right now.

Old 10-12-2004, 12:23 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by y2jdmbfan
I just got done throwing a couple relays in to switch between XM and my Rio Karma, and I have not gotten on sound degradation or volume loss. My next conquest is to route the switch and input to the front of the car instead of through the rear armrest. Anyone know the easiest way to route cables to the front?

Y2J
Post pics? been thinkin of doing this in my next bit of upcoming freetime.. you using the avelectronics unit? can you give a semi or completely detailed description if you would please
Old 10-13-2004, 07:38 AM
Intermediate

I'm at work right now, I'll post some more info on my lunch break, haven't been able to take any pics yet though....I'll throw a schematic together if I get time here in OrCAD...

Y2J
Old 10-15-2004, 01:03 PM
Cruisin'

I'm at work right now, I'll post some more info on my lunch break, haven't been able to take any pics yet though....I'll throw a schematic together if I get time here in OrCAD...

Y2J
Awesome. Much appreciated. So far i've got a nice custom Gamecube installation wired through my Avelectronics tv/10 disc dvd setup. Toons is the next step.

I was thinkin of buying another cradle and somehow trying to mount it someplace relatively discreet but within reach. How do you have yours? My main problem is that I don't have good sound. I can't wait for the blitzsafe. Crappy ass FM modulation makes using my 10disc mp3/dvd player only good for viewing.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Racer

Y2J
*waits*
Old 10-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Love my TL

I searched google for the HON/SNY ITI V.2 and here is the description I found for the product. The important applications says it will not work if you have factory XM.. Is this true?

"[START PASTE]
The Blitzsafe HON/SNY ITI V.2 allows you to either add a Sony CD changer or can be used as an auxiliary audio input source DIRECTLY to the 2003-2004 Honda Accord, Element and S2000 factory radio that are equipped with factory navigation!!

As an auxiliary input converter, this device allows you to plug in an external audio source, like a portable MP3 player, satellite tuner, DVD player, or iPod. Just connect to the the RCA inputs on the HON/SNY ITI V.2 and PLAY MUSIC!

The HON/SNY ITI V.2 can also be used as a Sony CD Changer interface if no Aux source is installed. It is compatible with CDX-T68, CDX-T69, CDX-T70MX and CDX-757MX Sony Uni-Link CD changers.

IMPORTANT APPLICATION NOTES:
1. The HON/SNY ITI V.2 works with navigation equipped 2003-2004 Honda Accord, Element and S2000 with or without the 6 disc in-dash CD changer and will also work with the factory MP3 player.

2. This adapter will also work in navigation equipped 2004 Acura TSX vehicles.

3. For vehicles without navigation, click HERE.

4. If you have factory XM, you MUST disconnect it in order to use this interface.

IMPORTANT AVAILABILITY NOTICE: Due to production shortages of some devices, some items could be temporarily out-of-stock. Check the Logjam Electronics CD Changer/Auxiliary Input Converter Conversion Chart, for an equivalent.

You can also convert the RCA inputs to a 3.5mm input by adding the PIE 3.5-RCA6MM. This allows you to plug in any device that has a 3.5mm jack such as a Discman, MP3 player, walkman, etc.

You can also convert the RCA inputs of the HON/SNY ITI V.2 to be used with the Pioneer Universal XM Satellite Digital Tuner System (GEN-FM903XM) when used in conjunction with the PIE PIO/P-RCA Pioneer XM Satellite Interface.
"[END PASTE]
Old 10-15-2004, 03:46 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by rs808
I searched google for the HON/SNY ITI V.2 and here is the description I found for the product. The important applications says it will not work if you have factory XM.. Is this true?

4. If you have factory XM, you MUST disconnect it in order to use this interface.

Sounds like this adapter just hijacks your xm input... which is already easily done. I believe the blitzsafe adapter allows you to add an AUX input without losing any existing inputs.. true?
Old 10-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Love my TL

Originally Posted by Bhaidaya
Sounds like this adapter just hijacks your xm input... which is already easily done. I believe the blitzsafe adapter allows you to add an AUX input without losing any existing inputs.. true?
Thats what I thought after reading the product discription but the name of the adapter is Blitzsafe HON/SNY ITI V.2 .
Old 10-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by rs808
Thats what I thought after reading the product discription but the name of the adapter is Blitzsafe HON/SNY ITI V.2 .
Ew! Blitzsafe.com doesn't show anything directly for the TL though, and this one says its for the TSX.

Mayhaps they are still making the official TL adapter still?

http://www.blitzsafe.com/blitz_catal...itz_acura.html
Old 10-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Love my TL

I was under the assumption that the 2004 TSX had the same nav and XM as the TL. I guess I shouldn't assume.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:39 PM
Cruisin'

Bump

Anyone got new info?

Quick Reply: Blitzsafe