AUX in my 07 is broken...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
AUX in my 07 is broken...

Last week, my music went out in my sub and front speakers and came back, so I assumed it was just my AUX cord. Play with it a bit and all is well. I replaced the AUX cord with a new one and had the same issue today. Plugged in all the way and if you play with it some, the music will come back... Having trouble finding a thread on replacing the AUX assembly, but I can assume it quite the task... Further more, Acura will surely charge out the ass to install it... Should I just get a new head unit instead?
Old 09-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 491 Likes on 374 Posts
To clarify, you think that your AUX port in the center arm rest is loose, and that causes music to go out ?

When music is not playing through speakers, but plug remain connected, does radio display "AUX" or comes back to radio/xm/whatever ?

If you want to replace aux port, that should be the part (assuming your car is 2007 base acura tl without navigation, but should be the same for every version) :
https://www.acuraoemparts.com/oem-pa...QtYXV0b21hdGlj

To replace it, refer to :

Remove two silver pieces, and do everything to pull that center armrest back (towards rear seats).
Don't take center vents, or screws above/on the side of navi/radio out !
So do everything up to 2:00, 2:00-4:00 skip, finish at 5:50, when he has this armrest console loose.
So you are removing 6 screws total to get center piece loose.

Cupholder needs to be removed as well, just another 3-4 screws, underneath you gonna find connectors for power socket and aux port.

If you have armrest piece loose and disconnected bring it home.
AUX port is either held by some screws or clips, don't really know.

Last edited by peter6; 09-10-2017 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:45 PM
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by peter6
To clarify, you think that your AUX port in the center arm rest is loose, and that causes music to go out ?

When music is not playing through speakers, but plug remain connected, does radio display "AUX" or comes back to radio/xm/whatever ?

If you want to replace aux port, that should be the part (assuming your car is 2007 base acura tl without navigation, but should be the same for every version) :
https://www.acuraoemparts.com/oem-pa...QtYXV0b21hdGlj

To replace it, refer to :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuNtLjUmTBs

Remove two silver pieces, and do everything to pull that center armrest back (towards rear seats).
Don't take center vents, or screws above/on the side of navi/radio out !
So do everything up to 2:00, 2:00-4:00 skip, finish at 5:50, when he has this armrest console loose.
So you are removing 6 screws total to get center piece loose.

Cupholder needs to be removed as well, just another 3-4 screws, underneath you gonna find connectors for power socket and aux port.

If you have armrest piece loose and disconnected bring it home.
AUX port is either held by some screws or clips, don't really know.
Thanks a lot for the reply. When it goes out, the rear speakers are the only thing playing and the music does not go to Aux or FM, my music continues playing. My sub and front speakers are aftermarket and on different amplifiers. Still, I could hear the aux making static trying to get a connection as I messed with it. I really appreciate the video link as I foolishly forgot to look it up! Doesn't look like too big of a pain to do either