Anyone using Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X for AUX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 01:16 AM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Anyone using Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X for AUX?

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/log...nauxdmxv2.html

Any issues?
Old 02-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got it in the mail yesterday. I'm going to do the install this weekend if work and cold weather does not interfere.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Advanced

I just ordered mine today, hopefully it gets here before the weekend! I will update when I get it installed.

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ordered it on Monday and is now in being shipped.

Also got the soundgate Aux 3 and the Blitzsafe UII ipod adapter.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Intermediate

Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X

Let me know when any of you has finished installation. I have also ordered for one. Do you also have to buy the [B]Blitzsafe UII iPOD® interface [B] along with it.Are
Old 02-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Intermediate

Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X

Let me know when any of you has finished installation. I have also ordered for one. Do you also have to buy the [B]Blitzsafe UII iPOD® interface [B] along with it.

Is this the same as the Blitzsafe HON/M-LINK1V.2X Honda/Acura Interface for iPod + Factory XM
Old 02-22-2006, 06:25 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by harry2307
Let me know when any of you has finished installation. I have also ordered for one. Do you also have to buy the [B]Blitzsafe UII iPOD® interface [B] along with it.

Is this the same as the Blitzsafe HON/M-LINK1V.2X Honda/Acura Interface for iPod + Factory XM
No, it's not the same. It just gives you a single AUX in. I'm going with DMX, AUX3 and UII so I can have a 3.5 mini plug jack in the center console and a seperate iPod interface in the glove box. I'm going to put the AUX3 switch in the center console next to the 3.5 mini plug.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Intermediate

Blitzsafe HON/M-LINK1V.2X Honda/Acura Interface for iPod

I have ordered the Blitzsafe HON/M-LINK1V.2X . Has anybody installed this on an 04acura tl. Please let me know the feedback an how did u do the install
Old 02-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Intermediate

Blitzsafe HON/M-LINK1V.2X

I got the Blitzsafe HON/M-LINK1V.2X which i had ordered. I took it to Digtal City a dealer of Blitzsafe product in the Bay area. They installed it but the problem was though it was charging the ipod it was not playing the songs. Those guys tried everything possible but could not figure out what the problem was. Any suggestions from you guys out there. Has anybody installed the Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X for AUX or Blitzsafe HON/M-LINK1V.2X
Old 03-31-2006, 07:18 PM
Racer

Did you ever get this fixed? I just got the parts in for my install.

Anyone else using this yet?
Old 03-31-2006, 07:21 PM
Racer

Nevermind ...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=V.2X
Old 04-02-2006, 12:00 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bTwix
Did you ever get this fixed? I just got the parts in for my install.

Anyone else using this yet?

I did get it fixed in my Acura TL 04 with Navi.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:30 AM
Advanced

I got it installed today, works perfect...btw, mine is canadian 04 tl with navi
Old 04-12-2006, 02:00 AM
Racer

DMX v.2x, AUX3, UII Installed - Some Issues

Got the DMX v.2x, AUX3, and UII installed today, still looking for the iPod I lent to my girlfriend though.

Noticed the following undesirable behavior as a result of the install:
- XM is only coming in at 1/4 volume so I can't hear it at "normal" volume levels (CD and FM comes in just fine though)
- The CD -> CDC has a 3-5 second delay and doesn't accept any input until the delay is done. So you basically have to wait 3-5 seconds before you can toggle it after the first toggle
- Power on/off has a 3-5 second delay before you can turn it on/off (similar to the CD -> CDR)

Anyone else run into similar issues? Any fixes?
Old 04-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Racer

Issues with DMX v2.x

BTW, I have a 2004 non-navi.

Found the iPod, problem seems to be isolated to the DMX v.2x. Basically AUX only comes in on left channel, XM on right channel (simultaniously when either XM of CDC is selected). Talking to my installer today, but what a mess.

If anyone has insight into this I'd appreciate it.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bTwix
BTW, I have a 2004 non-navi.

Found the iPod, problem seems to be isolated to the DMX v.2x. Basically AUX only comes in on left channel, XM on right channel (simultaniously when either XM of CDC is selected). Talking to my installer today, but what a mess.

If anyone has insight into this I'd appreciate it.
I installed the above device in a '04 Navi. No problems. I even spliced the audio inputs so I could attach a DVD player and the ipod. I originally had the soundgate aux3 device installed inline, but noticed sound volume drop.

Check the audio cable connectors on the blitz device, are they both pushed in fully?
Old 04-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by palmultiacura
I installed the above device in a '04 Navi. No problems. I even spliced the audio inputs so I could attach a DVD player and the ipod. I originally had the soundgate aux3 device installed inline, but noticed sound volume drop.

Check the audio cable connectors on the blitz device, are they both pushed in fully?
They were plugged in. The installer called blitzsafe and they're sending an updated chip out sometime next week.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:34 AM
Advanced

I'm actually heading out to the installer in 20 minutes to drop my 04 TL w/ navi and XM. I'm installing the HON/AUX DMX V.2X and the Harman Kardon drive+play.

I'm hoping everything will go okay, but after reading some of the problems people are having, I'm getting scared. Luckily, I never renewed my XM subscription, so if I have to lose the XM plug to get the drive+play working, then that's okay with me. Never cared for XM anyway.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by msisaac
I'm actually heading out to the installer in 20 minutes to drop my 04 TL w/ navi and XM. I'm installing the HON/AUX DMX V.2X and the Harman Kardon drive+play.

I'm hoping everything will go okay, but after reading some of the problems people are having, I'm getting scared. Luckily, I never renewed my XM subscription, so if I have to lose the XM plug to get the drive+play working, then that's okay with me. Never cared for XM anyway.
After getting blitzsafe on the phone yesterday, looks like my installer disconnected XM until the updated chip arrives. The iPod works fine on both channels with XM disconnected.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:58 PM
Advanced

Just got back from the installer. Everything works like a charm. Nav voice still works. 6 disc in-dash changer still works. XM still works (well, the free channel does anyway...I don't have a subscription). And the Ipod plays over the CD-C input perfectly. The Harman-Kardon drive+play is freaking awesome and my installer did a great job. I'll post some pics later. Oh, and I also received a call on my bluetooth phone while I was driving and everything still worked perfectly. The sound from my Ipod went silent and the phone picked up. Once the phone call disconnected, the Ipod sound came through again, just like it should.

The only issue I think I've found is that the drive+play doesn't seem to turn the Ipod off when it is turned off. I'll have to fiddle around with this to see if there is some way to take care of that, but the Ipod turns off automatically anyway (hopefully...).

Still, all things considered, this was well worth the money. I now have a fully integrated Ipod with 4000+ high quality mp3s at my disposal and a great LCD monitor to view all my artists, albums, etc.

Prices:

Harman Kardon drive+play - $169 USD
Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X - $99
Install - $150

Money well spent in my opinion.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:49 PM
Advanced

here are a couple of pics taken with my camera phone...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...04-06_1540.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...04-06_1541.jpg

Image quality isn't that great, but you get the idea. It's a nice, clean install. The installer mounted the scroll wheel to a plastic plate that he fabricated. It only covers the first cup holder. The sliding cup holder cover still slides and covers the second holder. I was afraid it wouldn't be very sturdy, but the installer used some nice thick plastic, so there is practically no give when you mess with the scroll wheel.

The ipod is sitting in the upper tray of the arm rest storage area along with the cell phone.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Racer

here are a couple of pics taken with my camera phone...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...04-06_1540.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...04-06_1541.jpg

Image quality isn't that great, but you get the idea. It's a nice, clean install. The installer mounted the scroll wheel to a plastic plate that he fabricated. It only covers the first cup holder. The sliding cup holder cover still slides and covers the second holder. I was afraid it wouldn't be very sturdy, but the installer used some nice thick plastic, so there is practically no give when you mess with the scroll wheel.

The ipod is sitting in the upper tray of the arm rest storage area along with the cell phone.
Nice, looks pretty clean. How visible is the display unit from outside the car? Also could you mount the control wheel lower inside the cup holder (retaining usability) so you could close the cover when parked?

Old 04-16-2006, 10:22 AM
Advanced

the display unit is tucked up pretty tight between the dash and the window frame, so it's not very visible from the outside. You'd have to get right up next to the car and look right there to see it.

as for the control wheel, I thought about trying to mount it lower in the cup holder, but I wouldn't have been able to access it very easily. I have big hands, so trying to fiddle with little buttons and a scroll wheel would have been much more difficult. I thought of getting the installer to use something like a CD drive in a computer. You know how you push the button and the CD tray slides out nice and easy, then push the button again and the tray retracts? I thought it would be cool to have that for the control wheel here. Push a button and it raises up to be level with the center console. Push the button again, and it will descend to a point where I can slide the cover closed. But, I figured it would be alot more work and alot more money, so I went with this. I feel pretty good about this install even without the retracting control wheel. The installer did a great job matching the control wheel mounting plate with the rest of my interior.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Racer

the display unit is tucked up pretty tight between the dash and the window frame, so it's not very visible from the outside. You'd have to get right up next to the car and look right there to see it.

as for the control wheel, I thought about trying to mount it lower in the cup holder, but I wouldn't have been able to access it very easily. I have big hands, so trying to fiddle with little buttons and a scroll wheel would have been much more difficult. I thought of getting the installer to use something like a CD drive in a computer. You know how you push the button and the CD tray slides out nice and easy, then push the button again and the tray retracts? I thought it would be cool to have that for the control wheel here. Push a button and it raises up to be level with the center console. Push the button again, and it will descend to a point where I can slide the cover closed. But, I figured it would be alot more work and alot more money, so I went with this. I feel pretty good about this install even without the retracting control wheel. The installer did a great job matching the control wheel mounting plate with the rest of my interior.
Definitely. Nice install and thx for the pix.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone with an 06 w/ navi/xm using this?

I read in another thread people have problems with 06... I got an 06 and got the navi converter but now no adapter and was about to order but seen that...

ugg...
Old 04-20-2006, 12:37 PM
Instructor

It did not work for me.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:05 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bah... This sucks... I just got Dom's unit and now wont even get to enjoy it to the best.

I gotta figure out what to do for audio and now am worried about the lines on the screen I see people talking about...
Old 05-04-2006, 01:12 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by weedeater
It did not work for me.
Yeah didn't work for me either. Keep giving the same old story ... "we'll have a new chip out next week.".

Sounds like this unit is toast. I'm about ready to bail on this one. What't the best iPod only adapter out there (besides the the Harmon Kardon one)? I wanna keep XM too.

Would be awesome if it auto turned on/off and started playing so I didn't have to open the glover box everytime I wanted to hear the current playlist or skip a track.

What's everyone using?
Old 05-04-2006, 02:06 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Search for P.I.E. X3 (AUX) or USA Spec PA11-HON2 (with iPod).

There's currently rave reviews for the USA Spec one.
Check out the thread titled "THE alternative to the MusicLink is here".