Another Quick Question regarding Navi Install...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Another Quick Question regarding Navi Install...

If I only install the dash, would it still turn on? or would I need more wires to it?

I am planning to get the overall Dash, Navi, Rear dvd drive and harness, but was just wondering would the dash still work if I only install the Navi Dash in the car?

Planning to just use it to control the subs and watch movies first until I can find the other pieces.

Also, If anyone in the bay area knows someone who does electronic work on Tls let me know please! Mods are cool but I am not comfortable touching the electronics of the car myself.

08 AT WDP TL (No Navi...yet)

Old 07-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Instructor

p.s... check out my trunk upgrade

Another Quick Question regarding Navi Install...-buzsky1.jpg
The following users liked this post:
Ruby (07-18-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
You need:
-DVD Drive and bracket
-DVD Disc
-Navi screen
-Sub-screen (above the middle vents)
-Harness
-GPS antenna
-Steering wheel buttons(optional)
-Trunk liner for DVD drive(optional, I still don't have this lol)

I would just get everything before you put it in since you need the dvd drive, navi screen and harness to at least turn it on, and those are the most expensive by far.

Last edited by AcuraCake; 07-18-2013 at 02:37 PM.
50pennies (07-18-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by AcuraCake
You need:
-DVD Drive and bracket
-DVD Disc
-Navi screen
-Sub-screen (above the middle vents)
-Harness
-GPS antenna
-Steering wheel buttons(optional)
-Trunk liner for DVD drive(optional, I still don't have this lol)

I would just get everything before you put it in since you need the dvd drive, navi screen and harness to at least turn it on, and those are the most expensive by far.

hmm so without the dvd drive and harness I cant even turn it on?
I found someone selling all the remaining pieces but I haven't found a shop or someone with a tl who knows what to do

p.s im trying to post a real picture of my trunk but it only takes url images? how do i post pictures from my desktop
Old 07-18-2013, 02:46 PM
US Navy Seabees

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
To post pictures use photobucket and copy/paste the link here. Nice setup in the trunk, 2 subs and two amps with some NOS! lol
50pennies (07-18-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Deezy ™

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by 50pennies
p.s im trying to post a real picture of my trunk but it only takes url images? how do i post pictures from my desktop
Upload it to a file hosting site like:

Imgur.com
Photbucket.com
Flickr.com

After you upload it it will give you an link, copy that link and post it here between the [img] tags

Example:

Code:
[img]your picture url here[/img]
50pennies (07-18-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Instructor

What pieces do you have? Do you have the custom plug n play harness from Martin(ebay guy)? Oh, and if you got the harness from Martin, he will give you instructions on what to do with the harness and where to connect everything which was a GREAT help. Because most of it is plug n play, but you do need to cut some wires and connect the wires from the harness to them.

There is a DIY on here that shows how to install yourself, it's what I used when I did my install and it was very helpful.
This is the one I'm talking about:
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/im-soo-excited-just-completed-my-non-navi-navi-conversion-diy-included-747456/

You can post in the regions section and see if there is someone willing to help you out with the install.

Last edited by AcuraCake; 07-18-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: More info
Old 07-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by AcuraCake
What pieces do you have? Do you have the custom plug n play harness from Martin(ebay guy)? Oh, and if you got the harness from Martin, he will give you instructions on what to do with the harness and where to connect everything which was a GREAT help. Because most of it is plug n play, but you do need to cut some wires and connect the wires from the harness to them.

There is a DIY on here that shows how to install yourself, it's what I used when I did my install and it was very helpful.
This is the one I'm talking about:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=747456

You can post in the regions section and see if there is someone willing to help you out with the install.

is Martin a ebay distributer guy? I saw his name thrown out on the forum but I don't have a way to contact him or his buyer id.

I actually am talking to two sellers right now, one guy is selling just the navi screen for 140 (which is why I was wondering if I just bought that would i be able to turn it on for basic function +movie mod minus the navi)

the other guy - is trying to sell his Navi screen, Harness, and dvd trunk for 1.8k... so I was thinking if I bought the $140 screen first itd save me like 700 bucks from this guy when I eventually bought the rest of the pieces.

Pps- I just made a photobucket account lol this is the real setup:

Last edited by 50pennies; 07-18-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Instructor

http://www.ebay.com/itm/04-06-ACURA-TL-OEM-COMPLETE-NAVIGATION-SYSTEM-EAZY-TO-INSTALL-KIT-/231004015860?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item35c8e98cf4&vxp=mtr
This is Martin. You can message him and ask to buy only the things you need. He does have parts for the 07-08s too I believe.

About that guy selling his harness, screen and dvd drive, is that the custom plug n play harness or the factory one? I would not buy a factory one because that would take forever to make work. The custom one is about $400 or so I think and it is definitely worth it. Martin even sells tho whole kit for around $1800 new but I would just try to find the more expensive things used like the screen you found.

You can also have Martin fly out to you if you cover his plane tickets. I've heard that it only takes him a few hours to install everything.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
best thing to do is source all the components first, then purchase the harness from Martin, took me a full day to install everything but I can probably do it in a couple hours now that I know how to.
Martin's harnesses are legit and easy to install plus he answered every one of my txts when I had a question.