Adding Sub Woofer and Amp in my Acura TL (2007)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:26 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding Sub Woofer and Amp in my Acura TL (2007)

Hi There,

I purchased a new Acura 2007 TL in June . I am new to the foums and it feels great to be a part of the family. After enjoying the car for 7 months now I am thinking of enhancing the sterio. I want to keep the factory system but the problem is with adding a Sub Woofer and an amp....

I read through the previous articles posted they say get a LOC and tap on the wires coonnecting to the factory sub and connect the Amp using the LOC........ My question is if we run the 12v directly from the battery using a 18 guage wire and fuse, will the amp be constantly getting the power? that means my car wont start by morning.

Is there a small 60 watt factory amp that powers the factory sub? and am i connecting the new amp and the Sub in parellel to that one?

I heard about noise cancellation problems when we fix an aftermarket amp and sub. will I face this issue if I follow this procedure?? What about blu- tooth ?

my friend is talking about some REM wire .. what is that????

will this work . if i mess something up in the car I will be fine !! i wil try to fix it but my wife is constantly stopping me from doing any alterations .. if I mess up my first project I am dead .. help me guys ..... I am a proud owner of an Acura TL just like you .......

Thanks in advance
Raj
Old 02-08-2008, 08:38 AM
steeez

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i don't know too much about installing sound systems but i can answer some of your questions.. haha i see that you just posted this at 6am and i'm probably the only one up with you :p

Originally Posted by rajchinna
My question is if we run the 12v directly from the battery using a 18 guage wire and fuse, will the amp be constantly getting the power? that means my car wont start by morning.
to your amp, you connect 3 lines: the power, the ground, and the remote. the purpose of the remote is to tell your amp when to turn on/off accordingly to your car. so if your cars off, the remote will tell it to turn off.. so no it wont be getting constant power or else yea, everyones battery would be dead haha

Is there a small 60 watt factory amp that powers the factory sub? and am i connecting the new amp and the Sub in parellel to that one?

yeah, with our stock bose system theres a lil factory amp thats located on the front passenger side by where their feet are

I heard about noise cancellation problems when we fix an aftermarket amp and sub. will I face this issue if I follow this procedure?? What about blu- tooth ?
not sure what youre asking but after i had my system installed, the blue tooth works/ sounds just fine.

my friend is talking about some REM wire .. what is that????

rem wire is the same thing as remote wire, and thats what i mentioned earlier. basically tells your system when to turn on/off.

hope this helped
Old 02-08-2008, 08:42 AM
5th Gear

yooo... thanks Man .... how do we connect the REM wire .. .
Old 02-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
You will tap into a fuse that is on in the ACC position from your fusebox by the driver side footwell. Then just run the wire back to your amp
Old 02-08-2008, 09:16 AM
A-spec steering wheel ftw

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
if all you want is just some more bass, and not get a full trunk unit, just go with the basslink, a bunch of us have done it. I'm actually getting mine done in a week.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Drifting

Depends, you want bass that will just go thud thud thud, or you want bass that is clear and tight. I think a 10W6 and Uncald4's fiberglass box takes the same space as a basslink, cuz you cant put anything ontop of the basslink.

And the box is in a corner which you will rarely use unless you carry golf clubs.

I got a JL 12w6 with Uncald4's fiberglass box, and I can still carry my golf clubs. Does not take too much space up
Old 02-08-2008, 12:08 PM
5th Gear

Gyuz .. thanks a lot for the feedback...... i am looking for the bass that can be heard from a distance. i think basslink is just 100 watts and adds very li thump that way...... another quick question regarding the amp question .....

Do we have to put in any radio wire???? from the radio that gets the radio signal???? or as we are connecting with an amp in parellel .. it will not require any??
Old 02-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Drifting

If you lookin for the bass taht people can hear from a distance (not a big fan) but think about a 12W7 then. You will have to get a custom box to make it look natural. Meaning you thinking about 700 for the sub, a 1000/1 amp which I think is like 800, then a box which will set you back another 700 or so. You pull the signal using a LOC from the sub wires, so you still have control via headunit without adding a control. Get the remote via an ACC output in the fusebox. You're not connecting the amp in any parallel circuit.

FYI you will not be liking the bass that loud for a long period of time, but the W7 is clean and tight, so you just lower the bass level and still have bass to keep you happy. otherwise you keep it high and get that "thud" from a "distance"
Old 02-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION

yes, you need to disable it, otherwise you will get a horrible humming/feedback

simply remove the rear dome light covers, the screw, and then the dome lights, you will see a wire clip with a, i believe GREEN, wire clip. just unplug it...
Old 02-08-2008, 06:18 PM
The Darker the berry....

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY

simply remove the rear dome light covers, the screw, and then the dome lights, you will see a wire clip with a, i believe GREEN, wire clip. just unplug it...
Is this specific to 07 and up TLs? Would I need to do this for an 06?
Old 02-09-2008, 01:42 AM
steeez

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY

do all tls have anc?
Old 02-09-2008, 01:49 AM
I have car ADD

nope, just 07+ i would have never known about this problem if it wasnt for the board. i installed my system, and 2 of my friends who work as audio installers had no clue what it could be.... i love acurazine
Old 02-09-2008, 01:58 AM
steeez

nm i just searched and i guess its only for 07+
Old 02-10-2008, 03:48 PM
5th Gear

Active noise cancellation......... does the green wire link to any rear lights... will my tail lights work fine????

thanks a lot for all the help.. i love acurazine man
Old 02-10-2008, 05:13 PM
I have car ADD

yea dont sweat it. just unplug that green wire clip. it leads to microphone that works for the ANC. there is a thread somewhere on this forum discussing it...
Old 02-19-2008, 10:42 AM
5th Gear

I am in the process of fixin g the modifications ..... i had aquick question .....how much will this void the manufacturers warrenty ... my friend was scaring the shit out of me all the time i was installing that the warrenty will be void and i cant fix the car is tranny problem shows up please help
Old 02-19-2008, 01:22 PM
The Kinetics of Bleu

I am in the process of fixin g the modifications ..... i had aquick question .....how much will this void the manufacturers warrenty ... my friend was scaring the shit out of me all the time i was installing that the warrenty will be void and i cant fix the car is tranny problem shows up please help
The only part of the warranty that will be voided is what could be directly linked to the aftermarket part.
Example: If you install an aftermarket cold air intake and then have a problem with the leather on your seat. They can NOT deny your warranty claim as there is Noway they can say that it was caused by what you did. Hope this helps...
Old 02-26-2008, 09:34 AM
5th Gear

are the anc mics used for the handsfree link? or can you unplug the anc and still have handsfree?
Old 02-26-2008, 03:12 PM
all work and no play

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
no they are just for the anc, you only need to unplug the rear mic above the rear dome lights. The hands free mic is in the front I believe
Old 04-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Cruisin'

I finally installed my old sub amp/box today.. Long story short, it took me a while to figure out how to get to the mic, and once i got there, i could NOT figure out how to remove the wire from the mic. I was able to remove the rear light and reach in behind two foam spacers, but it looked like the cable to the mic was actually zip-tied to the mic. I strained at it for a while, then I decided to just try it as is. I have not heard any thumping even with my amp at max. So on my 2007 tl-s either ANC wasn't working, or my straining was enough to disconnect it w/o removing the cable.

I tried listening with the windows up, radio off/radio on, windows down radio on/off, doors open radio on/off, doors closed - radio on/off.

go figure..
Old 04-20-2008, 08:23 PM
The Kinetics of Bleu

Originally Posted by cocokola
I finally installed my old sub amp/box today.. Long story short, it took me a while to figure out how to get to the mic, and once i got there, i could NOT figure out how to remove the wire from the mic. I was able to remove the rear light and reach in behind two foam spacers, but it looked like the cable to the mic was actually zip-tied to the mic. I strained at it for a while, then I decided to just try it as is. I have not heard any thumping even with my amp at max. So on my 2007 tl-s either ANC wasn't working, or my straining was enough to disconnect it w/o removing the cable.

I tried listening with the windows up, radio off/radio on, windows down radio on/off, doors open radio on/off, doors closed - radio on/off.

go figure..
cut that ziptie and pull the wire off. Try driving with the radio off and windows down a bit. You will get a horrible resonance!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HEY! First post here guys could really use some help!!

Ok so I just bought an 08 TL S and I'm also having problems with ANC mic (I want to install an aftermarket sub and aftermarket amp). I cant seem to figure out how to take the rear dome light out. I dont want to damage anyting as I've already messed the foam on the roof up a little. Is there a special trick to this? I dont want to break anything!!

Also there is another ANC in the sunroof control area. Do I also need to remove that one?

ThANKS!!!!
Old 04-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by mobusta
HEY! First post here guys could really use some help!!

Ok so I just bought an 08 TL S and I'm also having problems with ANC mic (I want to install an aftermarket sub and aftermarket amp). I cant seem to figure out how to take the rear dome light out. I dont want to damage anyting as I've already messed the foam on the roof up a little. Is there a special trick to this? I dont want to break anything!!

Also there is another ANC in the sunroof control area. Do I also need to remove that one?

ThANKS!!!!
Just pop the little clear covers of each side with a little screwdriver from the outside edge. Then remove 2 8mm bolts and pull the whole assembly down. No need to remove it totally. The green clip is on the driver's side of the housing. Just pull it out and reassemble. It took all of 2 minutes to do.

I don't know why, but you only need to disconnect the rear microphone. Leave the front alone.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Thass Wassup!

WWW.REALMOFEXCURSION.COM !!!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 07:39 AM
Cruisin'

On my 2007 tl-s, the mic is not part of the light assembly. It is a seperate item behind the light.. I could not figure out how to unclip it,but I dont seem to have a problem with it anyway.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Safety Car

my windshield flexes from the bass is there anyway to stop that ?? or just let the sucker break? LMAO!..... Black good thing u said something bout the active noise man......im doing a system tonight in a type s.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:02 AM
wdp skyhawk

Originally Posted by BG74
Just pop the little clear covers of each side with a little screwdriver from the outside edge. Then remove 2 8mm bolts and pull the whole assembly down. No need to remove it totally. The green clip is on the driver's side of the housing. Just pull it out and reassemble. It took all of 2 minutes to do.

I don't know why, but you only need to disconnect the rear microphone. Leave the front alone.
any diy on this
Old 04-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by bigmoetl1
any diy on this
No DIY necessary. It is really, really easy. It literally takes 2 minutes if you follow the directions I provided.