6 disc went out

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6 disc went out

I was on a trip and I ejected a cd and it came out fine then i was getting the disc I was going to put in and it said Disc Err. Then it didnt allow me to hit any buttons, so i turn off the car and turn it back on. The buttons work now but it doesnt show i have any cd's loaded, which i do. It also won't let me switch to cd it acts like it's not there.
I wasn't sure if anyone knew any reset's to do on the radio, I undid the power but that didn't help. I know I can go to a dealer but it's not close and i didn't want to take it there and they hit a few buttons and get it to work. Nothings jammed i don't use burnt labeled cd's or anything weird i shouldnt put in there. So if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same problem when I pulled a fuse once, don't know if this will help but if the display reads "code" it means it requires the security code to be entered in order for the stereo (archaic term since this is not stereo) to work, The security code is tied to the vehicle VIN#, if you don't have the card that was supplied with the car containing the code you can call the dealer, give them your VIN # and they'll supply the code for you (that's what I did).. Good luck