AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/)
-   -   3.9 Navi Hack (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/3-9-navi-hack-752774/)

maddsiick 11-18-2009 01:37 PM

3.9 Navi Hack

I have version 3.9 navigation DVD...does anyone know how to hack the files for the trip computer and a/c and bypass the OK button for this version. Im willing to provide the files if someone is willing to work on this for me. :thumbsup:

Thanks again in advance

maddsiick 11-18-2009 08:30 PM

nobody?

NealKasper 11-21-2009 10:08 AM

bibo136 posted these files a while back for use on the 3.8 disk. They worked perfectly on my 3.9 but they were hosted on rapidshare. I spent the $15 to see if they'd work, and they did, so I put them on a free download site for you guys. I take no credit for making the files, only moving them to a free download site.

http://www.filedropper.com/bn2hh12c
http://www.filedropper.com/bn2hhmld
http://www.filedropper.com/bnhh401a

How to load my custom bin back into the car?

1. Burn your custom bin (BNHH401a.BIN) and the loader (BN2HHMLD.BIN) onto a blank CD.
2. Go to your car.
3. Turn your car's ignition to ACC
4. Open the trunk and pop out the NAVI disk (if it's in there)
5. Insert your newly burned CD.
6. Go back to the driver seat, the display will show some dvd read error, now press and hold "GUIDE" "MENU" and "CANCEL" for approx 5 seconds to bring up the diagnostic menu.
7. Wait another 5 seconds to let it load up completely. Press "version" button on the screen
8. Press "LOAD DISC" to load your custom bin into the navigation.
9. Wait until it's completely done and it will then display another error message about can't read the navi dvd, now take out your bin CD and insert your Navigation disc and you are done!

maddsiick 11-22-2009 10:34 AM

this is for the ac controls and trip computer hack? thanks man, you dont know how long ive been looking for this.

dwb993 11-22-2009 10:38 AM

Links don't work.
Only the BN2HHMLD.BIN file link is working

maddsiick 11-22-2009 04:04 PM

NealKasper,

dwb993 is right, only one of the three files work, can you fix the other two links please? thanks very much

maddsiick 11-22-2009 05:07 PM

ok nevermind i was able to find the links posted by bibo136, im going to ask a mod to edit the first post on the sticky about navigation hacks and have them add this for 3.8 and 3.9, apparently the hacks for 3.8 work with the 3.9 disc. Thanks again for your help nealkasper, ive been looking for this since i got the disc and now it finally works.

maddsiick 11-22-2009 05:16 PM

Ok so here are the links to the files that bibo136 posted a while ago for version 3.8, these bins also work for version 3.9. I have tested them and they do work, OK screen is removed, trip computer and A/C controls from the navigation screen and you can always add your own custom image the same way as posted before.

3.8 and 3.9 Navi Hack for A/C, Trip Computer and OK Screen Hack

BNHH401A.BIN version
http://rapidshare.com/files/258389255/38_BNHH40A.rar

BN2HH12C.BIN version
http://rapidshare.com/files/24758025...ura_screen.rar

BN2HH12C.BIN version with top gear startup screen
http://rapidshare.com/files/24597285...i_and_trip.rar

maddsiick 11-22-2009 05:19 PM

^^please notice that on rapid share if you are using the free user account as i have, you can only download one file every 15 minutes or so. Please make sure you download the right file for your navi first before proceeding or you will have to wait the 15 minutes again to download the right set of files.

These files are already modded, they just burn to a cd and load into the navi unit as instructed with the other navi hack guides. The only file you may want to chance is the wallpaper.

grodri02 11-22-2009 06:58 PM

Hey thanks for the update...how those the top gear startup screen look like?

maddsiick 11-22-2009 07:11 PM

i dont know...i didnt use that one..i ended up changing the startup screen to my own. The top gear screen is the on that bibo136 used in his files on those links

TL|GTX 11-22-2009 08:55 PM

can i use this for my 08 TL?

maddsiick 11-23-2009 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by TL|GTX (Post 11512227)
can i use this for my 08 TL?

i dont know, i thought the 07 and 08 TLs came with a white disc and not the orange one...im not sure. If you have the orange disc and its a 3.8 or 3.9 disc then yeah you can definitly use it

if its a white disc then these hacks wont work.

GeezerB 11-23-2009 03:43 PM

My 08 came with white disc
SOL

andURpoint 11-23-2009 04:58 PM

Ok, so im a noob (I'll admit it). But will the these files work on an 06?

maddsiick 11-23-2009 09:50 PM

depends on the disc version you are using. the hacks i posted will work with the new 3.9 disc and the 3.8 disc as well

mlody 12-10-2009 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by maddsiick (Post 11511596)
Ok so here are the links to the files that bibo136 posted a while ago for version 3.8, these bins also work for version 3.9. I have tested them and they do work, OK screen is removed, trip computer and A/C controls from the navigation screen and you can always add your own custom image the same way as posted before.

BNHH401A.BIN version

BN2HH12C.BIN version

which file is for 3.9 navi version, or do I need them all?

thank you

maddsiick 12-10-2009 11:07 PM

^^ you only need one of those files. depends which one your car uses. some cars use the BNHH401A.BIN file and some use the BN2HH12C.BIN file. for example, mine uses the BNHH401A.BIN file so i took that file, modded the startup screen wallpaper to my own image, then burnged it to a cd with the loader file as well and then follow the instructions for the previous hacks.

If you dont know your version file do the following:

1. Hold down MAP/GUIDE, MENU and CANCEL buttons for 5 seconds
2. Select Version
3. Hold down MENU for 5 seconds.
4. The loaded BIN file name should be listed under loaderfile i think. its going to be one of those two files i listed. If your navi says its the BNHH401A.BIN file then thats the one you use from the links in the previous post, if you navi says its the BN2HH12C.BIN file then you download that one.

HSD148 12-11-2009 10:35 PM

Newbie... but what do you guys mean by 'navi hack'?

I just bought a 2005 Acura TL (just yesterday actually) with Navigation except I didn't get a disk - I'm trying to find a used 3.80 or 3.70 before I go for the 3.90.

When googling 3.90, this thread came up - what do you mean by 3.9 navi hack, and "bypassing OK screen is removed, trip computer and A/C controls from the navigation screen"?

Sorry, this might sound a bit ignorant but like I said, I still don't have a disc so I haven't seen the system in action.

Thanks in advance.

HSD148

PS - anybody know a good source for a 3.70 or 3.80 for $100 or so?

maddsiick 12-12-2009 11:07 AM

im new to the navigation thing as well so dont worry about that. Ill be glad to explain. So when you start the car, the navigation splash screen image displays. Its an image made by the company that makes the disc for acura. THen a disclaimer pops up in orange writting with a black background which stays on the screen for a little bit before an OK button pops up. Then you have to press ok to continue to the navi screen.

The navi hacks allow you to change that loading image to watever picture you want, according to certain perameters that are set. They are explained in the sticky about hacking your navi. Then the OK button can get annoying so the OK button hack bypasses you having to press the OK button, it does it for you as well as get rid of the loading disclaimer and just says loading... instead.

The other hack that is available is the trip computer and a/c control hack. On the navigation info screen there is only voice command help, callender, and calculator i believe. When you do this hack it also adds the trip computer so you can see MPG and range and E/T traveling, things like that. It also give you an option to control your A/C and fan speed controls from the navi screen as well. It also adds a button to easily access the diagnostics menu for the navigation.

in the end the navi hacks are pretty nice to have, the wallpaper give your custom look to the navi, the OK button bypass is a nice function, and the trip computer is useful.

demortis1968 12-12-2009 11:45 AM

Hey I have my 3.07 disk. If you want it I will sell it to you. E-mail me back at demortis1968@msn.com

Thanks.

dwb993 12-13-2009 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by maddsiick (Post 11511596)

BNHH401A.BIN version

BN2HH12C.BIN version

The second files listed here worked on my v3.60. I would think the third file would work, as well.---thanks, again maddsiick!!:thumbsup:

maddsiick 12-13-2009 10:02 PM

^^ thats good to know, i should have tried looking for those files when i had that 3.6 disc. hows the disc working out for you? better than what you had before?

dwb993 12-14-2009 10:47 AM

Yes, there are some updated locations near me. No difference in the display or routing performance that I can see.
Also, a correction to my initial post---it was the first file in the list that I used successfully. It unzips out to 3 files---BNHH401A.BIN, BNHH12C.BIN and BN2HHMLD.BIN.

Fatfrii 01-21-2010 02:23 AM

if some can hook me up with a hacked 3.9 ill cough up some dough. i D-Gaf about all that useless stuff i just want the OK button hack and an updated navi disk. PM if this is even possible lol

Project X 02-04-2010 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by maddsiick (Post 11565319)
im new to the navigation thing as well so dont worry about that. Ill be glad to explain. So when you start the car, the navigation splash screen image displays. Its an image made by the company that makes the disc for acura. THen a disclaimer pops up in orange writting with a black background which stays on the screen for a little bit before an OK button pops up. Then you have to press ok to continue to the navi screen.

The navi hacks allow you to change that loading image to watever picture you want, according to certain perameters that are set. They are explained in the sticky about hacking your navi. Then the OK button can get annoying so the OK button hack bypasses you having to press the OK button, it does it for you as well as get rid of the loading disclaimer and just says loading... instead.

The other hack that is available is the trip computer and a/c control hack. On the navigation info screen there is only voice command help, callender, and calculator i believe. When you do this hack it also adds the trip computer so you can see MPG and range and E/T traveling, things like that. It also give you an option to control your A/C and fan speed controls from the navi screen as well. It also adds a button to easily access the diagnostics menu for the navigation.

in the end the navi hacks are pretty nice to have, the wallpaper give your custom look to the navi, the OK button bypass is a nice function, and the trip computer is useful.

thanks for the info! what wallpapers do you guys use as the background for the navi image - i'd like to use one that has good quality etc

do we need to have a particular version of navi dvd to do the hack.. my ride is a 05 and i am planning to update the navi dvd at some point.. can i do the hack with the dvd that is currently in there?

dwb993 02-04-2010 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Project X (Post 11711539)
thanks for the info! what wallpapers do you guys use as the background for the navi image - i'd like to use one that has good quality etc

do we need to have a particular version of navi dvd to do the hack.. my ride is a 05 and i am planning to update the navi dvd at some point.. can i do the hack with the dvd that is currently in there?

There is a sticky thread in the 3G Audio section with Navi BMPs. You can also use your own image, if you size and format it correctly.

You will need to use the hack files specific to the Navi version you have. You can check the version by popping the disk out and looking at it. The version is written on the bottom of the label. There are currently hack files available for versions 3.40 through 3.90.

Project X 02-04-2010 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by dwb993 (Post 11711801)
There is a sticky thread in the 3G Audio section with Navi BMPs. You can also use your own image, if you size and format it correctly.

You will need to use the hack files specific to the Navi version you have. You can check the version by popping the disk out and looking at it. The version is written on the bottom of the label. There are currently hack files available for versions 3.40 through 3.90.

thanks! ill look into this more when im ready for the hack!!

AUTigersGrad 02-24-2010 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Fatfrii (Post 11668278)
if some can hook me up with a hacked 3.9 ill cough up some dough. i D-Gaf about all that useless stuff i just want the OK button hack and an updated navi disk. PM if this is even possible lol

I'm interested in this also. PM me if you have the hookup. :)

acurapariah 03-28-2010 01:53 AM

If you provide me the iso image, I will look into hacking the update for you. email me with your download link at lentini123@gmail.com. Thanks - John

grayja 03-30-2010 10:01 PM

Failed to Hack V3.9 on 04 TL

ok, I downloaded Maadsiicks files, I use BN2HH12C.BIN version. Burned the two files using nero to a memorex DVD-RW, inserted the hack disc, did the three finger salute, pressed version, then load disc, display said "check disc". Removed hack disc, reinserted 3.9 disc, but ok button still present...I'll try again, maybe I should use a CD versus DVD...any other thoughts?
COL G

dwb993 03-30-2010 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by grayja (Post 11875431)
ok, I downloaded Maadsiicks files, I use BN2HH12C.BIN version. Burned the two files using nero to a memorex DVD-RW, inserted the hack disc, did the three finger salute, pressed version, then load disc, display said "check disc". Removed hack disc, reinserted 3.9 disc, but ok button still present...I'll try again, maybe I should use a CD versus DVD...any other thoughts?
COL G

Madsiick posted 3 files total...try the other two.

firerabbit 04-04-2010 11:45 AM

I just order 3.9 cd online. Can anyone tell me how can I change my custom wallpaper in there?

Thanks.

jsteed59 04-20-2010 12:54 PM

Ok i just purchased the 2010 3.9 Orange disk for 167, I have been trying to do the Navi hack. No i have tried these files to hack my navi because i read that they worked. Files/information Now It has worked but my issue is that when i use the A/C controls, i hit on and my fan comes on 'Awesome' but now when i hit off 'NOTHING happens' Now is this because i am hacking the 2010 3.9 or that is how the hack has always been. If anyone has hacked or got the hack to work for the 3.9 please pm me/Post/Email me jsteed59@gmail.com

Roger555 04-20-2010 09:20 PM

where did you get it for 167?

dwb993 04-20-2010 09:39 PM

Navteq just dropped the price to $149 + shipping

jsteed59 04-20-2010 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Roger555 (Post 11941225)
where did you get it for 167?

Got it from http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT.../Default-Start
I live in CT so taxes could differ who knows..

Gill89 05-14-2010 06:34 PM

Please excuse my ignorance, but I have tried all three of these files and none of them worked for me. I have a 3.9 orange disk. I have tried burning these files on both DVD+R & CD-R. Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance.

LaCostaRacer 05-15-2010 11:51 AM

I used a CD-R with no issues 3 years ago.

I already have the hack for my original 3.5 DVD. My theory is that after I buy the 3.9 update, my hack will still work when I place the new DVD in the drive. As long as I don't boot/reload the Nav application software, I think I'll be good since the Nav will only pull the data off the DVD for new addresses and POIs. Can anyone confirm this theory? Thanks

yoshe200 05-15-2010 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by HSD148 (Post 11564679)
I just bought a 2005 Acura TL (just yesterday actually) with Navigation except I didn't get a disk - I'm trying to find a used 3.80 or 3.70 before I go for the 3.90.

When googling 3.90, this thread came up - what do you mean by 3.9 navi hack, and "bypassing OK screen is removed, trip computer and A/C controls from the navigation screen"?

Sorry, this might sound a bit ignorant but like I said, I still don't have a disc so I haven't seen the system in action.

Thanks in advance.

HSD148

PS - anybody know a good source for a 3.70 or 3.80 for $100 or so?

Do you want a 3.40 disk? I just bought my 2005 Acura TL w/ Navigation too and I updated to 3.90. I can send you my 3.40 disk if you can just pay for shipping :)