2006 Acura TL Radio and Display Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2023, 07:32 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Acura TL Radio and Display Not Working

I just got a used 2006 Acura TL without the navigation system. The radio does not work and the radio display screen under the climate control screen also does not work. Does the radio just need replacing or does both need to be replaced? I also saw people say to check if the fuses are blown, but how do I tell if one is blown?
Old 11-10-2023, 01:06 AM
5th Gear

Some of the lights for the climate control buttons do not light up either. Something makes me think it could be a fuse. I know next to nothing about cars or how electronics work for them. I know some computer stuff, but again not too great there, so searching the web for answers just seems to lead me in circles because nothing I find is similar to my problem (that may be my own problem of not knowing how to search the internet and stuff well). Please, any help would be beneficial to me, I am totally lost when it comes to searching for answers and stuff on the web. Also, when I do find a link or some site with something related to the issue, they are all old information from years ago and may not be relevant for today's tech and a lot of these links no longer work or lead anywhere, even old links on this site fail to go to the proper page.

Please help, I drive often and need to fill my headspace with something on these multi-hour drives lol
Old 11-10-2023, 11:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
do you have the owners manual? fuse locations and what they serve will be in there
Old 11-10-2023, 01:07 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by pohljm
do you have the owners manual? fuse locations and what they serve will be in there
I don't have one but I Googled it and found one. Will try to locate them and see if any of that will fix it. Thanks
Old 11-11-2023, 12:14 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Cousss
I don't have one but I Googled it and found one. Will try to locate them and see if any of that will fix it. Thanks
Nothing seems wrong with the fuses. I also noticed that some of the lights on the air control system do not light up. Also, the driver's side heated seat doesn't seem to work. I am wondering if all of it is from the same problem with the wiring or something. Going to try to look at the fuses again and double-check all of them, maybe one out is messing up the rest of it. I don't know, may just take it to a shop and see if they can do anything about it, just hate to spend the money.
Old 11-11-2023, 02:27 PM
5th Gear

Fixed. A wire behind the radio needed replacing
Old 01-07-2024, 07:31 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Cousss
Fixed. A wire behind the radio needed replacing

which wire? I’m in desperate need of this info, I swapped my 06 non nav with a 08 and everything works except the radio and screen, all the radio lights are on but no buttons do anything no sound and no screen lights under HVAC

Radio info will not show up and I have no sound or anything either, I typed the security code but no beep.
Old 01-07-2024, 07:31 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by SulkarTL
which wire? I’m in desperate need of this info, I swapped my 06 non nav with a 08 and everything works except the radio and screen, all the radio lights are on but no buttons do anything no sound and no screen lights under HVAC

Radio info will not show up and I have no sound or anything either, I typed the security code but no beep.
my 12v outlets stopped working too