Received 2 Starters for Xmas, which one do I use?

Old 12-26-2013, 07:04 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Received 2 Starters for Xmas, which one do I use?

Hey everyone,

I'm a new member to this forum, and could use some one's expertise. I received two remote starts for christmas and cannot decide which one to use:

1. Viper Basic One-Way Remote start (bestbuy) 4115v1D
2. Compustar Prime Remote RF-1WG6-AM with 6200S Controller(DT) and a bypass chip for door lock.

I own an 04' TL with Nav. I also do not mind carrying mutiple key fobs, and may upgrade either Viper or CompuStar to a two way, once I decide which to go with.

Please share with me any suggestions or experiences you may have had.

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:46 AM
5th Gear

I still could use anyone's advice, opinion, thoughts and/or speculations! I would like to install a remote starter as soon as possible, so if anyone has information to share, please do!

Thanks everyone!
Old 12-27-2013, 10:34 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
I just installed the compustar ft-6200s-cont using the blade Al bypass in my sister inlaws 09 accord this week as a Christmas present. I have installed both DEI products and first tech products and find the first tech product to be less intrusive to the wiring of the car. I have been installing the DEI product for about 15 years and the first tech stuff for about 4 and I much prefer the first tech now. The entire install from taking the first screw out to snapping the last panel back on took me about 90min
The following users liked this post:
Bsharp (12-28-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
the only viper i would get is the 2 way color screen one only because the remote is nice lol, other then that i find compustar better easy to install and if the car is manual go with compustar.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:13 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by jthiessens
I just installed the compustar ft-6200s-cont using the blade Al bypass in my sister inlaws 09 accord this week as a Christmas present. I have installed both DEI products and first tech products and find the first tech product to be less intrusive to the wiring of the car. I have been installing the DEI product for about 15 years and the first tech stuff for about 4 and I much prefer the first tech now. The entire install from taking the first screw out to snapping the last panel back on took me about 90min
That is good to know that it would be better for my car because of the less intrusive wiring, but because the lack of time and knowledge I will be paying someone to install. Now, would you suggest to stay away from a best buy install? I'm in south jersey, and plan on having Audio Depot to do my install. I always hear mixed reviews when bestbuy does things.

Originally Posted by dc2kid
the only viper i would get is the 2 way color screen one only because the remote is nice lol, other then that i find compustar better easy to install and if the car is manual go with compustar.
I think my overall consensus would be to go with my CompuStar remote starter, but upgrade it to a two way. I'm not entirely concerned with the look of the remote, I rather not lose my OEM remote, but also would rather not carry multiple remotes. Viper does have more "attractive" remotes but concerned with Best Buy installs
Old 12-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Bsharp
That is good to know that it would be better for my car because of the less intrusive wiring, but because the lack of time and knowledge I will be paying someone to install. Now, would you suggest to stay away from a best buy install? I'm in south jersey, and plan on having Audio Depot to do my install. I always hear mixed reviews when bestbuy does things.

I think my overall consensus would be to go with my CompuStar remote starter, but upgrade it to a two way. I'm not entirely concerned with the look of the remote, I rather not lose my OEM remote, but also would rather not carry multiple remotes. Viper does have more "attractive" remotes but concerned with Best Buy installs
Personally I would stay away from bestbuy, that's not to say they don't have any good installers but the ones I have hired and fired have all had comeback issues install related.