'07 TLS Stereo pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 05:11 PM
Acura drove me away too..

Received 107 Likes on 66 Posts
'07 TLS Stereo pics

I recently had the stereo in my 07 TLS redone. Previously I was running Hertz speakers all around and a 12w6v2with a JL Hd900/5. After contacting an Customaudioman from DIYMA. I decided I wanted to do a little upgrading.
Here's a list of the equipment I'm using:

- Illusion Audio Carbon C6 components ( tweeters mount in stock location) (Mids mount in stock door location)
- Illusion Audio Electra E6CX Coax speakers (mount in rear deck stock location
- Mosconi 6to8 DSP
- Jl Audio HD900/5 (tweets, rears, and sub)
- JL Audio HD600/4 (mids)
- JL Audio 12W6 V3 sub Woofer
- Rockford Fosgate Line-Driver
- Fahrenheit dvd player, video module
- Ipod I-simple module
- TvandNav2go Module for dvd playback on oem navigation screen.

The speakers and processor were purchased from the installer, everything else I provided. Overal,l I am happy with the install. I would like to eventually have him redo the vinyl with trunk matching carpet and maybe do something with how the tweeters are installed (not his fault/previous hack job). And also I would like to figure more presets tuning adjs for the processor, for when I listen to different sources. Here are some pics and I'll try to put up some more a little later.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 591 Likes on 455 Posts
looks good. I would have never installed coaxials in the rear, thats gonna cause problems
Old 07-25-2013, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by pohljm
looks good. I would have never installed coaxials in the rear, thats gonna cause problems
They're tuned so low that they're barely audible. To me it feels like its empty in the back of the car. I'm actually thinking about turning them up some. So I take it you're not running rears?
Old 07-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts
I didn't want to be critical on DIYMA but I did see this install over there and it looks good and if you like it that is all that matters (and that it sounds good).

However, things I don't quite get....
- The Black vinyl in the trunk looks odd
- The Box seems small for what the sub would want, but your installer said it was 1.1ft^3, so it should be good
- The DVD Player in the Glove Compartment renders it useless (a few of us have successfully installed DVD players in the rear arm rest).
- The rear coaxials are a very bad idea if you are concerned about SQ.
- That switch to turn something on and off (I think it was the DVD player) looks bad, you can get a fog lamp switch from an accord and wire it to turn (whatever it is) on and off AND you can even get the green light to light to tell you its on.

I have a build log showing the switch and the DVD player.

But again, I am very picky and as long as you like it, that is all that matters. Beautiful car BTW!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
BlueAc (07-26-2013)
Old 07-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 591 Likes on 455 Posts
Yeah oem rears still on oem amp, but muted.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
How does the 12 sound? I am going back and fourth between a 10 or a 12. I just didnt think there was going to be enough room for a 12.

Originally Posted by niebur3
I didn't want to be critical on DIYMA but I did see this install over there and it looks good and if you like it that is all that matters (and that it sounds good).

- The Box seems small for what the sub would want, but your installer said it was 1.1ft^3, so it should be good
- The DVD Player in the Glove Compartment renders it useless (a few of us have successfully installed DVD players in the rear arm rest).
- That switch to turn something on and off (I think it was the DVD player) looks bad, you can get a fog lamp switch from an accord and wire it to turn (whatever it is) on and off AND you can even get the green light to light to tell you its on.

I have a build log showing the switch and the DVD player.

But again, I am very picky and as long as you like it, that is all that matters. Beautiful car BTW!!!!!
Just curious about why you say rear coaxials are bad for the SQ?

Last edited by Steven Bell; 07-25-2013 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 07-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by myacuratl05
Just curious about why you say rear coaxials are bad for the SQ?
The whole point of a proper soundstage is supposed to be like you are sitting at a concert with all the music coming from in front of you. Rear fill is good if you are going for a surround sound effect, but that would not be a sound quality setup. Proper rear fill in a SQ setup would be to create a sense of a larger front stage using very complicated processing (a circuit that is outside what a normal DSP can do). Then you have the fact that all that information is hitting the rear window and bounding all over the place.

I would never recommend them unless you are using a MS-8 processor (that uses them to create the larger front stage) or if you regularly have people in the back seat, in which I would have them muted and only un-mute when necessary.
The following users liked this post:
myacuratl10 (07-25-2013)
Old 07-26-2013, 01:45 PM

I agree... I'm going to have it switched to color matched carpeting soon
He didn't make the enclosure. I provided it to him. I've been using it for about 5 years now. I orignally used it with my 12w6v2. Here's some info on it http://www.wickedcas.com/product.php...&cat=12&page=1. The company who made it designed it for the JL sub.
- The DVD Player in the Glove Compartment renders it useless (a few of us have successfully installed DVD players in the rear arm rest). The DVD player was last minute. I'm not a fan of the location either but in all fairness I didn't tell the installer about wanting this til the last minute. I will have this relocated bc it is in a weird spot.
I'm not entering any competitions or anything like that. It really comes down to personal preference. To me the car seems empty in the rear when I tried fading forward to get a feel on how it would sound without rears. Also the tuner has these tuned so low you can't even really hear them.
This also goes hand in hand with being added to the list at the last minute. I've seen the foglight button mod but didn't have enough time to order it. Honestly though it's just a black button it's not going to kill me one way or another.

I have a build log showing the switch and the DVD player. Would you happen to have a link so I can take a look?

I appreciate your opinions. This is the most I've spent on an audio system and there are things I'd do differently next time. But I'm happy with it for the most part. Thanks again!
Answered
Old 07-26-2013, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by myacuratl05
How does the 12 sound? I am going back and fourth between a 10 or a 12. I just didnt think there was going to be enough room for a 12.
The 12 sounds awesome. The tuner set it up where it blends very well, its not overpowering at all but it can really hit hard when needed.

Here's the box I'm using:
http://www.wickedcas.com/product.php...&cat=12&page=1

and here's another one but I have no experience with it... http://www.audiointegrations.net/cat...75/8253904.htm
Old 07-26-2013, 05:31 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
I would never recommend them unless you are using a MS-8 processor (that uses them to create the larger front stage)
you beat me to it, Jerry
Old 07-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BlueAc
Answered
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/high-definition-mobile-audio-demo-car-2004-acura-tl-dynaudio-arc-ms-8-%2Apics-galore%2A-804628/