07 TL alarm

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 01:55 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 07 TL alarm

Hectic day getting an alarm installed.

Got to the Stereo shop this morning, picked out the Clifford Matrix R50. This has the same features as the RSX 3.5 which a lot of people here have, but the new R50 adds 1 mile range on the two way remote.

One of the main concerns for me was I didn't want to have the TL FOB with built-in key and an alarm remote on the same keychain so I decided to use the Valet key as my main key and leave the Acura FOB out of the system.

For installing the Alarm they needed a spare key (valet) to put in the bypass box. The Acura FOB would not fit into the bypass box. Drove back home to get the valet key, then had to drive to Acura to have a spare valet key made. Good thing it's a fun car to drive because I had to put some miles on today.
$40 for the new key and another $96 to have it programmed. Had to make an appointment for tomorrow to have the new valet key programmed. Apparently it takes about an hour to have this done. A little more $ and time than I thought it would cost.

Had auto start, window roll up and down and all the gadgets I could find installed. Total Alarm bill around $1300 plus another $136 for new key. OUCH!

Original alarm cost was $550 then adding in all the extras and labor it goes up quick.

They did do a good job, spent 9 hours getting everything done right and all appears to work well.

Another thing that they were able to do at the Acura parts dept was use the cut code for the master key but insert into the cutter a valet key. So my new valet key is actually a master which works like the original.

Stereo Next
Old 12-08-2006, 07:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you got completly riped off. you could have easily added on a remote start option, and have it work with the stock key fob for about 125 bucks, and the window up/down could have been added to the car for about 50 and also work with the stock fey fob. there is also no reason to leave a key under the dash, most decent systems will remember the chip info, and have no need for a spare key.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:01 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With just adding a remote start I wouldn't have the option of my remote paging me when someone hits/dings the car or tries to break in. The stock alarm has no impact sensor. I probably could have purchased the remote start unit for $125 if I had gone with just that feature, but I was not willing to tear apart the car and wire it myself, so even with that option I would have had to pay someone who knows what they are doing to install it properly. This would have costed an additional $200+ for the labor.

The Clifford alarm is a good alarm, lots of good reviews here too.
My old alarm (audiovox) with remote start had one of those programmable key units instead of installing a spare key and I always had problems with it setting off the factory alarm.

As for the $50 window roll up/down module if you are talking about the one from KPtechnologies, I was told by them that they haven't fully worked out all the bugs on the 07 TL. Sometimes works and sometimes does not.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Seabass425
With just adding a remote start I wouldn't have the option of my remote paging me when someone hits/dings the car or tries to break in. The stock alarm has no impact sensor. I probably could have purchased the remote start unit for $125 if I had gone with just that feature, but I was not willing to tear apart the car and wire it myself, so even with that option I would have had to pay someone who knows what they are doing to install it properly. This would have costed an additional $200+ for the labor.

The Clifford alarm is a good alarm, lots of good reviews here too.
My old alarm (audiovox) with remote start had one of those programmable key units instead of installing a spare key and I always had problems with it setting off the factory alarm.

As for the $50 window roll up/down module if you are talking about the one from KPtechnologies, I was told by them that they haven't fully worked out all the bugs on the 07 TL. Sometimes works and sometimes does not.

good luck getting to the car fast enough when it pages you. that option is worthless. shock sensors can be added onto the stock alarm. no i wasn't talking about that add on module. i was talking about the one that someone on this fourm came up with by using relays and timers
Old 12-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rbf351
good luck getting to the car fast enough when it pages you. that option is worthless. shock sensors can be added onto the stock alarm. no i wasn't talking about that add on module. i was talking about the one that someone on this fourm came up with by using relays and timers
Wow. You just feel like ripping the guy a new one over his purchase or are you secretly jealous of his new system? If he's happy, he got a great deal. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to keep your derogatory comments about it to yourself.

By the way rbf351, that sounds like a helluva system and a LOT better than the alternative given here.