07 Camera Bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
07 Camera Bracket?

Well I've finally put back enough money to get a rearview from wendy. I was wondering how the camera in the new 07's are mounted. Is there some cool looking brackett that can be retro fitted? Any pics?
Old 10-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Maybe you should shoot a PM to one of the TL-S owners. kobi2002 is one.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
has anyone seen how low wendy's newest camera sits. t has a nice wide angle and looks sturdier than the prior camera but i worry that the camera will sit too low because it does not have the telescoping lens.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by solislbc
has anyone seen how low wendy's newest camera sits. t has a nice wide angle and looks sturdier than the prior camera but i worry that the camera will sit too low because it does not have the telescoping lens.
From my understanding they are both the same other than the lens... And because of that I think the specs show it requires a tad more light even...

Anyway, there is a post I started under general section, and got someone kind enough to post some close up of his camera on his 07... I couldnt see much of the bracket but than again you wont be able to see it anyway.

The thing I was wondering was getting the 07 license plate frame and it already has the spot for a camera and the line/bar or whatever you wana call it across the top his not the flat silver like ours, its chrome.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:18 AM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BigB2k5
From my understanding they are both the same other than the lens... And because of that I think the specs show it requires a tad more light even...

Anyway, there is a post I started under general section, and got someone kind enough to post some close up of his camera on his 07... I couldnt see much of the bracket but than again you wont be able to see it anyway.

The thing I was wondering was getting the 07 license plate frame and it already has the spot for a camera and the line/bar or whatever you wana call it across the top his not the flat silver like ours, its chrome.

By the looks of the 07 you could buy the entire license frame/back-up light/plate light etc. assembly. It would have the camera "housing"/mount already incorporated. The camera however (i'm guessing here) would not be included unless you purchased it at some unGodly price of ~$600-700...

I can't say for sure Wendy's camera could not "be made" to fit within the 07 housing but it would definitely involve taking Wendy's apart and using just the sensor etc.. The Sony camera I used has a mount/housing near identical to the 07 only a tad bigger. I incorporated the Sony housing into the licence frame in the same location. The actual sensor/camera slides in the housing from the rear. The camera itself is a cylinder shape about 3/4 of an inch in diameter and about an inch long. I would not doubt that the 07 uses a very similar camera form factor. The achieved view/picture of the 07 (on the LCD) is also identical to my "rear view". IE - similar specs.

Your best bet would be to get your hands on the 07 plate frame with the camera housing etc.. This way you could see what "space"/form factor of camera it could accommodate.

Good luck