07 Backup Camera

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 Backup Camera

So I have to admit that I'm jealous....I have an 05 TL and my sister just picked up an 07 TL last Friday! My question to you guys is, do you know if there is anyway to get the 07 backup camera to work with my 05?

Maybe a better question is for those of you with aftermarket cameras, do you have ones that will do a night vision view when the lights are on like the 07 camera?

I would love to put a backup camera on, but want to know if anyone knows whether the 07 will work first. Otherwise, I'll follow what some others did on here.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
First of all. Where have you been!!! I haven't seen you around on the forums in quite a while. I've been busy spending money on more mods.

I've seen several threads about the '07 camera but I can't remember if anyone has actually put it on the '04 to '06. From what I remember the cost of the camera and housing from Acura is downright outrageous.

I went with Wendy's camera and Dom's unit. I have the camera mounted, but it got to cold to work on it further. I'm waiting for it to get warmer here on a weekend I have some free time to finish up wiring and such as I'll need to take out the back seat. I still need to figure out what to do for a swith and taping in for power.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:33 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 05TLRIDER
So I have to admit that I'm jealous....I have an 05 TL and my sister just picked up an 07 TL last Friday! My question to you guys is, do you know if there is anyway to get the 07 backup camera to work with my 05?
From the 3G TL Audio & Electronics FAQ:
Q: Is it possible to add MP3/XM Nav Traffic/backup camera from the '07 TL and install it into the '04-'06 TL?

A: It has yet to be proven, but the newer system seems to be integrated such that to obtain full functionality of the '07 system, a majority of the system will need to be upgraded. The headunit needs to be upgraded to incorporate MP3 functionality; the navi DVD drive needs to be upgraded to use the new 4.X system and the backup camera; the XM module needs to be upgraded to add XM Nav Traffic. The costs to do such a revamp will run in the thousands.

ALL QUESTIONS ABOUT UPGRADING TO '07 PARTS - MERGED

Maybe a better question is for those of you with aftermarket cameras, do you have ones that will do a night vision view when the lights are on like the 07 camera?

I would love to put a backup camera on, but want to know if anyone knows whether the 07 will work first. Otherwise, I'll follow what some others did on here.
Although my backup camera does not have a nightvision mode, the backup lights are bright enough for me to see at night. If not, I always have the option to upgrade the backup lights to something brighter.

Can you post pics of this night vision view on the '07 cameras?
Old 04-04-2007, 08:24 AM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Here are some pictures from my wendy's camera.

at day time...

at night time (without any external light source)...

I have tilt the camera up a bit so I can see further. It has been a little more than a year since I installed it and except for the condensation issue I resolved, everything is fine.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
THanks for the info and pics guys. Based on the pictures that kennyc posted, it looks like I won't have any problems with the wendy's camera. I do have to admit though.....the night vision on the 07 looks cool as hell!

Oh well, I doubt they'll get rid of it, so when I get my 2009/2010 I'm sure it will be there and maybe even a little better....maybe it will be infrared (ah to dream).

I'll have to take a picture of the night vision mode and post it, unless another 07 owner does it before me.