'07/'08 Non-Navi TL w/Double Din Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 09:18 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'07/'08 Non-Navi TL w/Double Din Pics?

Hi Everyone,

I have an 08 TL and was hoping to find some 07 or 08 Non-Navi TL owners that have done the Double Din install.

The reason why I ask this is because all of the Non-Navi pictures I've seen on here or on google have been in 04 to 06 Models and not in any 07 or 08 models.

Since the 07 and 08 TL's have a different head unit (i.e. 2 separate screens for climate/direction and audio), I am curious to see how it looks and to see if the bezel that everyone has been buying (i.e. from Krank It Up or eBay) sits differently in the 07/08 vs 04-06.

I've also noticed in some pics there are larger gaps between the pieces vs in others.

So, if there are any 07 or 08 TL Non-Navi TL owners have done this install, I'd love to see some pictures.

Thanks!
Old 07-13-2015, 08:26 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So... based on the lack of responses... I guess no one else has tried to retrofit a double din into their 2007/2008 Non-Navi TL or no one has decided to paste a pic.....

In any case, as I was extremely curious, I proceeded with my install and have completed installing my double din in my 2008 TL and thought I'd share a few pics on the completed install in case anyone is curious as to how it will look in their TL.

I still need to re-adjust/re-mount my backup cam but other than that, everything is completed... I didn't realize for my deck, I needed a FM Radio adapter so I will also need to go back in there to install that.

My only observation during the install was that it was a little difficult to line up the bottom of the faceplate with the double pocket din below the double din. You have to pay attention to putting that back together otherwise you will get large gaps in between them or some of your pockets will not open or close properly.

Also, my Driver's airbag light seemed to come on after my install was complete. I am not sure why but I am trying to figure out how I can reset that.

In any case, if you have any questions please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails '07/'08 Non-Navi TL w/Double Din Pics?-20150706_080353_resized.jpg   '07/'08 Non-Navi TL w/Double Din Pics?-20150706_182441_resized.jpg   '07/'08 Non-Navi TL w/Double Din Pics?-20150706_182504_resized.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
gopeman (02-27-2017)
Old 06-21-2017, 03:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jequan_Sparxxx
So... based on the lack of responses... I guess no one else has tried to retrofit a double din into their 2007/2008 Non-Navi TL or no one has decided to paste a pic.....

In any case, as I was extremely curious, I proceeded with my install and have completed installing my double din in my 2008 TL and thought I'd share a few pics on the completed install in case anyone is curious as to how it will look in their TL.

I still need to re-adjust/re-mount my backup cam but other than that, everything is completed... I didn't realize for my deck, I needed a FM Radio adapter so I will also need to go back in there to install that.

My only observation during the install was that it was a little difficult to line up the bottom of the faceplate with the double pocket din below the double din. You have to pay attention to putting that back together otherwise you will get large gaps in between them or some of your pockets will not open or close properly.

Also, my Driver's airbag light seemed to come on after my install was complete. I am not sure why but I am trying to figure out how I can reset that.

In any case, if you have any questions please let me know.
Hi ik this post is kinda old but i have to ask, what is that climate control thing where the navi face would be? Is that an aftermarket thing, i like the way it looks with the double din and im planning on putting a double din in the car but dont like the navi screen and double din look so i would want to remove is to remove it if i could and put something like that in. Hope you reply, thank you! Also if you have tips to installing the double din, ill take all the info you got, i have a 06 AT TL.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:03 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 199 Likes on 180 Posts
The airbag light is on because you must not have clipped in the hazzard switch.
Is there any noise in the audio?
Old 10-01-2017, 09:08 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does anyone have the wiring diagram for the harness the that factory put in the car. my head is blowing up trying to find it online and i can't find the right one. i need to know what wire goes where to connect the wire harness of the double din pioneer radio i got. please help anyone lol.