06 tl new radio suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 07:47 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 tl new radio suggestion

I juat got an 06 tl with navigation but i wanna change the radio for bluetooth and a aux hook up i also wanna be able to control with steering wheel if necessary i jus went to bestbuy thwy want 425 for everything with the radio any suggestion please i juat want aome good sounding music with goos sound
Old 10-21-2018, 01:29 AM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Director328
I juat got an 06 tl with navigation but i wanna change the radio for bluetooth and a aux hook up i also wanna be able to control with steering wheel if necessary i jus went to bestbuy thwy want 425 for everything with the radio any suggestion please i juat want aome good sounding music with goos sound
Director328,

To remove and install an aftermarket HU in the Acura TL is very complex, and I'm not sure what $425.00 gets you from BestBuy. Removal of the OEM HU will leave you without Navigation and use of the OEM 9" screen. I incorporated the NavTool interface specifically for back-up camera capability. There is a added feature of video source that I utilize with a Media Player to play "Music Videos" that are displayed on the OEM screen. Of course this is NOT utilized while driving..Also, I added the Axxess ASCW-1 to maintain Steering Wheel Control. The below link will address some concerns that may arise.If you have further questions, please feel free to PM me and I will provide my cell number if additional information is required. There are multiple post that address the aftermarket install from start to finish.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-a...-3g-tl-747353/

Lastly, the below photo is my aftermarket Pioneer Double Din HU replacement.

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/157225146@N07/, on Flickr
The following users liked this post:
Slpr04UA6 (10-21-2018)
Old 10-21-2018, 08:29 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
You could buy and install an aftermarket head unit. But you do lose some functionality though. You lose out on the center speaker, OEM subwoofer, and steering wheel controls (from what i remember). All this could cost a lot depending on the head unit.
If you do want to retain the steering controls and have bluetooth/aux capabilities, there are a few options. I would recommend the BT45-acu unit that uses the XM radio port . Easiest method, but you do lose out on XM radio . It is a bit costly but it functions really well, although it could be less than a fancy head unit.
There are other options if you are willing to do research and do the work yourself.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:26 PM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Private Mesage

Director328,

I attempted to respond to your Private Message, however, you need to clear some space.I receive error message "you have exceeded your stored Private Message quota"
Old 11-04-2018, 03:43 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deleted

I deleted the message