06' TL Navi Stuck on Password needed Page- HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 12:45 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06' TL Navi Stuck on Password needed Page- HELP

I just bought a new/used 06 and of course the dealer failed to tell mme until after purchase there is no owners manual nor the password to log into my navi. At this point I have a new car and no idea what it even is capable of doing because I am assuming everything is ran through the darn Navi page. Does anyone no what I'm missing out on. Also my cd player only seems to want to play the first 1 or 2 songs on the CD then freezes up, if it ever even plays a cd at all. Is this also due controlled through the screen i cant get in because i dont know the password? PLEASE HELP! All ideas welcome.

Thanks,

New proud tl owner
Old 02-27-2010, 12:48 AM
10th Gear

Oh almost forgot, blue tooth, how do access that as well? Dont tell me its through the Navi screen too....! I need to get my hands on a manual, can I borrow someones for a day or two?

PLEASE HELP, NICE CAR AND USELESS...
Old 02-27-2010, 02:02 AM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,147 Likes on 774 Posts
Originally Posted by sweetsauce411
I need to get my hands on a manual, can I borrow someones for a day or two?
Get on-line versions of the owner's and Navi manuals by registering the car w/Acura here: http://owners.acura.com/landing.aspx .

There is still a link to a free .pdf of the '04 TL manual floating around here somewhere-- everything is the same as your year except that you have the Tire Pressure Monitoring System as well.

Check the sides of the glove compartment for stickers w/4 or 5 digits on them-- the radio and Navi codes are different; one is 4 numbers and one is 5. Also check in the spare tire compartment in case the codes were placed there.
If you got the car from an Acura dealer, it should be able to get you the codes.

Welcome to AZ.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:02 PM
10th Gear

Thanks Will-

Thank you so much for some of the tips. There was a post it left in the clove compartment that said radio code and it was five digits but the password on the screen only requires 4. So I am not sure what to look for in the trunk or glove compartment? Do you mean a sticker with it on it or maybe just a stash where they wrote it down? Either way I will go digging. Now today my CD player decided it doesn't want to play any CD's. I love this car, I just wish I knew how to fix or run it! lol

Originally Posted by Will Y.
Get on-line versions of the owner's and Navi manuals by registering the car w/Acura here: http://owners.acura.com/landing.aspx .

There is still a link to a free .pdf of the '04 TL manual floating around here somewhere-- everything is the same as your year except that you have the Tire Pressure Monitoring System as well.

Check the sides of the glove compartment for stickers w/4 or 5 digits on them-- the radio and Navi codes are different; one is 4 numbers and one is 5. Also check in the spare tire compartment in case the codes were placed there.
If you got the car from an Acura dealer, it should be able to get you the codes.

Welcome to AZ.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ok first off the 5 digit sticker you found on your glove compartment was your radio code.

go to your trunk and look on the bottom of the navi unit. You might have to unscrew it.
Underneath should be a navi s/n.
get those numbers and you can call either PM me the s/n (easier) or call (800)382-2238 and hit option #5.

welcome to acurazine.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:43 PM
06 WDP TL Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Owners manual can be found here, see item iii.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/3g-tl-service-department-aka-garage-questions-answers-check-here-first-553557/
Old 03-01-2010, 04:51 PM
8th Gear

I called the dealer after I locked mines they told me to check the maintenance journal. The journal should be together with your car manual on the clove box. Check on the first page where your car information is. There should be your navi and radio code.
Good luck!!
Old 03-03-2010, 12:25 AM
10th Gear

Cool Where are the screws even at?

So I went by Honda even to see if they could help (trying to save a drive to acura) and unfortunately they didn't even know. Wow. I swear this dang thing better work once I am done with all this! lol I am scared to pull this thousand dollar gadget out myself but I am assuming maybe its not that hard? You do mean out of the trunk part right?

Originally Posted by dhong87
ok first off the 5 digit sticker you found on your glove compartment was your radio code.

go to your trunk and look on the bottom of the navi unit. You might have to unscrew it.
Underneath should be a navi s/n.
get those numbers and you can call either PM me the s/n (easier) or call (800)382-2238 and hit option #5.

welcome to acurazine.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sweetsauce411
So I went by Honda even to see if they could help (trying to save a drive to acura) and unfortunately they didn't even know. Wow. I swear this dang thing better work once I am done with all this! lol I am scared to pull this thousand dollar gadget out myself but I am assuming maybe its not that hard? You do mean out of the trunk part right?
yes the unit on the passenger side trunk area.
im not too sure, but you could try sliding a mirror underneath the unit. Im not sure if it'll fit or not.. thats how most of my clients get the s/n for the pilots, odysseys, accords etc.

if not, im pretty sure it'll only be a couple of screws mounting it down.
Ill double check later during my lunch hour.