'05 sound system upgrade questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 10:11 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 sound system upgrade questions

My knowledge of car audio and its workings is pretty minimal but I've been looking into upgrade my TL's system recently. If I were to pick up a 5 channel amplifier (more specifically this one http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107PA11...-5.html?tp=115 ) could I run the four door spekers off of it aswell as a sub and continue to run the other speakers off of the stock amp?
I would replace the door speakers somewhere down the road once I replenish my bank account a little bit.

Does anyone have any suggestions that they think would be better? I dont have too much money to spend on this project.
Thanks everyone,
Alan

If anything about this post doesn't make sense just ask me. I'm fairly tired.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acalbi923
My knowledge of car audio and its workings is pretty minimal but I've been looking into upgrade my TL's system recently. If I were to pick up a 5 channel amplifier (more specifically this one http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107PA11...-5.html?tp=115 ) could I run the four door spekers off of it aswell as a sub and continue to run the other speakers off of the stock amp?
I would replace the door speakers somewhere down the road once I replenish my bank account a little bit.

Does anyone have any suggestions that they think would be better? I dont have too much money to spend on this project.
Thanks everyone,
Alan

If anything about this post doesn't make sense just ask me. I'm fairly tired.
Not a bad approach. However, I would use the amp to power to two front door speakers, tweets, and sub. I don't run any speakers behind the front seats except the subs.

I won't go into everything else that can be done. Sounds like you have a good plan of building slowly.

I don't have any experience with the amp you are look at, but it would be worth saving a few more pennies and getting something a few steps up...everyone that knows me knows whats coming next. Get the Zapco dc650.6. Pleanty of power, has building eq, and a ton of other fancy things you can do from your laptop. Their service is great and the amp with last for years. It will also support a ton of upgrades as far as speakers etc...

That being said, the amp you choose with produce far better results then the stock amp, so it isn't a bad place to start.

Good luck