Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To ZAINO or NOT TO ZAINO?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 04:22 AM
'05 ABP/Camel M6 W/Navi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question To ZAINO or NOT TO ZAINO?

I found a detail shop in Bethesda, MD that is willing to do just the exterior portion of his top (signature) service. I only want the exterior service because I just picked up my car this week (2005 ABP TL M6 w/NAVI). The URL is

http://www.aperfectshineservices.com...s.shtml#sddesc

He is offering to:

Clean and Dress Wheels and Tires
Clean and Wax Door Jambs
Engine Detail (by request at no extra charge)
Six Step Exterior Paint Solution:
1. Hand Wash and Dry
2. Clay Vehicle to Remove Contaminants
3. Machine Polish to Remove Scratches and Oxidation
4. 3 coats of Zaino Z-2 PRO sealant to provide greater protection, gloss, shine, depth, clarity and reflectivity.

The cost for this is going to be $170 (for the full including interior it is $250). How does this sound? I have used another shop before that did good work but uses a good wax not ZAINO. This guy charged about 190 for the whole package. I don't have a quote yet just for his exterior.

Is the ZAINO really worth the extra expense? How long will it last before it needs to be done again ( I live in MD near DC).

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:00 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by mdrdsr
I found a detail shop in Bethesda, MD that is willing to do just the exterior portion of his top (signature) service. I only want the exterior service because I just picked up my car this week (2005 ABP TL M6 w/NAVI). The URL is

He is offering to:

Clean and Wax Door Jambs
1. Hand Wash and Dry
4. 3 coats of Zaino Z-2 PRO sealant to provide greater protection, gloss, shine, depth, clarity and reflectivity.

The cost for this is going to be $170 (for the full including interior it is $250). How does this sound? I have used another shop before that did good work but uses a good wax not ZAINO. This guy charged about 190 for the whole package. I don't have a quote yet just for his exterior.

Is the ZAINO really worth the extra expense? How long will it last before it needs to be done again ( I live in MD near DC).

My detailer charges me $90 for full detail (inside and out) - including shampooing carpets, Lexoling leather, and 2 coats of wax.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:08 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
IMHO, Zaino is hands down, the best stuff to use on your car.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:09 AM
In the bizarro world...

You should absolutely Zaino your car, it will look phenomenal afterwards.

but why not just do it yourself???
Old 08-25-2005, 08:15 AM
Pro

I think this thread is going to get moved but until then,

That price is a little high. Usually a inside and out job runs anywere from 90-150.00 Since your car is brand new I would also skip the buff job to remove swirls and debris. If your paint is that messed up you need to have it buffed take it back and have them do it for free. I'd recommend the clay to get the light contaminates off then the zaino. Of course I did all that my self for a lot less than 100.00 Actually I bought their top of the line kit and it was around 100.00 for everything to do the car inside and out.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:57 AM
Bring It

I recommend doing it yourself. You just need one afternoon for the entire Zaino process. I Zaino my car once every two months and maintain it with Z-6. This stuff works wonders. It all depends on you; if you have the time, do it yourself. If time's a factor, get someone else to do it. Zaino is the way to go!
Old 08-25-2005, 10:59 AM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't use Zaino or any other expensive wax/polish/cleaner. I do agree on doing it youself. $170 to $190 will buy me all the cleaning products for my TL for 10 years.
Having said that, i've been detailing cars (on the side) since the age of 16. Customers like you are gold and I know that everyone does not have the time to wax a car.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:29 AM
ITL
I do my own work.

I swear by the stuff...
Old 08-25-2005, 02:38 PM
Cruisin'

Since you just picked up your car this week I'd skip the machine polishing. For washing, claying, wheels and tires, and 3 coats of Z2-Pro (assuming this will be used on the door jambs), the price is not unreasonable.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:29 PM
8th Gear

He is offering to:

Clean and Wax Door Jambs
1. Hand Wash and Dry

i also have 05' W/ ABP and had never used Zaino products before. I live in the San Jauquin Valley and it is very dusty in the summer. I applied 5 coats of Z-2 and have never seen a finer finish. IMHO it is worth every penny but i did the work myself and saved some $ there. I think some like to wash/Zaino their cars and some dont. I enjoy it and love the Zaino.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:34 PM
8th Gear

He is offering to:

Clean and Wax Door Jambs
1. Hand Wash and Dry

I too have the 05' ABP W/Navi and i had never used Zaino products before(only every other type of wax known to man). I love the product. I applied 5 coats of Z-2 and have never seen a better finish. I live in a very dusty area of CA and i havent had to rewash my car in 3 weeks ( only Z-6 spray). AWESOME stuff.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:07 PM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good (but not horrendously expensive) detailer in the San Jose (CA) area? Unfortunately I don't have the time or facility to do a proper job.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:11 PM
I slow down for COPS

Originally Posted by ITL
I swear by the stuff...
I do too.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
I too think this needs to be in another Forum.

I was a Zaino fan, but for my daily driver TL or my pampered S2000, the issue of putting on coat after coat without some sort of mild cleaning just did not mesh with my thinking. Any car needs a thorough cleaning of the finish periodicially (at least twice/year), and I do not see how that can be done without removing the "Zaino investment". Unless I am very wrong, and the high power microscopes in our labs are fooling me, I do not see how embedded dirt can be removed with additional coats of anything without a bit of cleaner. And conversely, how any applied material can discriminate between airborne dirt and contaminants and the last "coating". I am sure someone will set me straight.

Most of the detail fanatics and car show freaks I know (all friends I might add) believe that a quality pre-cleaner that cleans down to the clear or base coat, and then an application of wax/sealant (natural or polymeric or the usual combo) are what provide the best results. A few additonal coats are OK, but much beyond that and one is in
I switched to Mother's Reflections Car Wax with a top coat of "Top Coat". There are vcery mild cleaners in the Car Wax, so i know I am removing day to day residue, and the Top Coat gives great shine.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
This is in another forum, the forum it should be in.

Thread:
https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/zaino-not-zaino-316917/

Proper Forum:
https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/

Please refrain from posting in 2 forums about the same topic.