Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your Likes And Dislikes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 08:18 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Likes.......pretty much the entire car....

Dislikes........people that come here to complain that do nothing proactive to fix it..
Old 12-31-2006, 09:17 AM
信是寶

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mu1980
Even with all-season tires, any car can be good in the snow... if

Not to get off topic, but no. Try taking a light rear-wheel drive car in the snow and ice compared to a better front wheel drive ... My Berlinetta was a nightmare in the winter ... last year a BMW 5 series couldn't get up my buddies driveway, when my TL had no problem and winter tires make a HUGE difference compared to all seasons - that's why they are called winter tires; they are designed for the snow.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:33 AM
The closet is for wimps

Well, first of all, anyone who lives around snow for at least part of the year and has only a light rear-wheel drive car as their only vehicle.. and tries to drive it in the snow.. is an idiot. No amount of technology or even personal skill can overcome what is simply a purely bad decision.

Secondly, I never said that winter/snow tires aren't an improvement.. I just said they're not necessary to have a good winter car if you know how to drive in the winter.

The fact remains, though, that the most important aspect of good winter driving is the driver.. not the vehicle or anything on/in it. That includes the driver's skill and common sense while driving, as well as their common sense for picking the right vehicle (or, at least, avoiding the completely wrong vehicles) to drive in the snow/slush/ice.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:56 AM
The closet is for wimps

I mean, come on.. you know better than to take a light rear-wheel drive car, particularly one with wide tires, out in the snow.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:16 AM
The closet is for wimps

So, let me clarify my original statement:

Even with all-season tires, any car that should be driven in the snow/slush/ice can be good in it.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:57 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by evil_acura
wow after reading all of your posts im really incline to buy the tl s , my only concern is that i been reading alot about tranny problems for the tl is this something that is a constant problem or is it mainly due to driver behavior (be honest)

also i ruled out the tsx and g35 but now im looking at the new mazdaspeed6 as well almost the same hp as the tl-s but its a 4 banger any comments to pull the other half of my brain back to the tl s?

thank you once again

-andy
I just traded my 04 RX-8 in september...I would NOT suggest that you buy a Mazda of any type... My car was wonderful for about the first year...then it went to CRAP....I had to replace the Nav unit and CD changer....the throw-out bearing froze to the output shaft and froze the clutch and flywheel together, three tranny leaks, three trips to try to get the gas leak fixed..and at 35K the tranny was going to have to be replaced, got the TL while my RX-8 was in for fix....STAY AWAY FROM MAZDA....and to top it all off the Acura dealer gave me full wholesale KBB and the car was worth about $4000 less than a comparably priced TL of the same year. (the Rx-8 was within a few hundred dollars of the TL when new in 04)...

I find that the mazdaspeed6 handles very well but so did my RX-8...the problem is that Mazda spemds too much money on getting the cars to handle well then cheaps out on the rest of the car... The resale value on the speed6 will probably be bad if they are giving $3000 rebates on a car that new....whne was the last time you saw a rebate on a TL that wasn't the end of the year and the previopus model...wait for the $3000 rebate on the TL-S...
Old 12-31-2006, 12:02 PM
The closet is for wimps

Yeah, the biggest mistake I've ever made with regards to cars is picking a car with horrible resale value and having it as the first vehicle I've ever financed. Not only did I get a ridiculous interest rate but the car's value fell faster than a brick. Fortunately, I was able to bury.. quite successfully.. all of that negative equity when I got my 04 Accord almost 3 years ago.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:28 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the comfort since i drive between FL and NY all the time...the sas milage is great in long distance runs but around the city it sux....the car MOOOVES!!!!! the stock system is great but i upgraded...all the rattles i fixed at the shop by taking out panels and putting more padding or changing the pins to larger ones the rims look great and are great,again not in the city with potholes everytime i come to NY i need a new rim or 2 ive gotten 6 in the past year.....thank god for fixrim.com over all the car is great.... i think honda realized its down sides and really tried to change it a lil bit on the 07 type s but i still think they should sign on to the forum and use some of our advice it would greatly improve the quality of the car overall
Old 12-31-2006, 05:34 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
We are on our second TL. 04 and now 06

I like the styling most of all. Its unique and there is no mistake about it being another car. I just wished the RL would have been the stretched version of the TL exterior wise. I do like the upscale interior of the RL.

Dislikes:

No DRL. The front seat bottom could be of better quality.
Subwoofer Sucks.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:09 PM
2016 TLX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great:
Styling, including the five-spoke alloys I always wanted
Interior, including instrument lighting
Audio system
Gas mileage with good power
Handling
Dual driver memory
Trip computer/maintenance minder/long service intervals

Disappointing:
Vibration at 1,500 rpm, all speeds, just like my '99
Hard to see to the rear and around A pillars
Seat belts hide behind the seat backs
Would like the back seat to fold
Should have had Dolby Pro Logic (it's an '05)

A fine car at a good price.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:26 PM
Instructor

wow, thx again everyone for your input im definitly staying away from mazda and hopefully be getting the tl s
Old 01-01-2007, 10:42 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Jesstzn
Compared to last car which was a GLX Passat;

Likes ..HP , gas milage , styling , amenities ( tho some are weak ) sound system

Dislikes ( and some of these weren't discovered till well after the test drive due to seasonal changes ) Poor Climate control ( I set the Passat at 68 summer & 72 winter and never touched them again .. the TL temps are not predictable or even reliable like that ) , 2 position heated seats not 5 and the back of the pass seat doesn't heat, windows fog up bad .. Passast never did , defroster is weak unless on full, absolutley poor quality leather, mentioned rattles, bodypanel fit & finish, mismatched bumper colors, radio / climatronic too bright at night, no switch to turn off the steering wheel controls lights, no switchblade key, no storage in the rear armrest, front cup holders are the worst I have ever seen and a lousy design.. you loose a canned pop in them and can't get out .. unless your seat is all the way back its hard to access, fading dash.
We upgraded from a 2002 VW Passat W8 to a 2004 TL with Navi.

The cars were similarly equipped, memory seats, homelink, HID's, leather, and sunroof all standard. I miss the power fold in mirrors, but that is not exactly a necessity. The W8 power was nice, but the gas mileage sucked. And I was willing to give up the AWD for navi. For the money, I believe I am getting much more out of my TL than my W8, which stickered for more than the TL. And reliability? That damn W8 was a POS! The lemon law helped me get rid of it. And now the only time I see the service department is for an oil change. Oh yeah, and with 50,000+ miles on my TL, I still have NO rattles. I have no regrets.