Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM Traffic & Weather integrated on Navi

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 07:56 AM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
XM Traffic & Weather integrated on Navi

Do you think this would be integrated on our navigations system fo 05 TL? The navigation system will automatically adjust to road and traffic conditions. Kind of cool.

Powered by Traffic Pulse and The Weather Channel, XM Instant Traffic & Weather will offer listeners in-depth, up-to-date information about road and weather conditions in 21 major metropolitan markets plus several interstate corridors nationwide.

Forget about waiting for traffic updates. XM Instant Traffic & Weather provides constant traffic and weather conditions, with continuous, real-time updates.

24 hours a day, seven days a week, providing greater detail and more frequent updates than available elsewhere on the radio, including a dedicated channel for EACH major metropolitan market.

XM's Instant Travel & Weather channels provide drivers with travel times for major roadways, average speeds on these roads and delays attributable to accidents, lane closures and construction. These channels also provide amber alerts and other important safety and homeland security notifications on air and printed on the radio display. With a dedicated staff of more than 40 traffic and weather experts supported by a nationwide network of traffic data collection professionals, XM Instant Traffic & Weather offers the most comprehensive traffic information available.

XM Instant Traffic & Weather. Radio to the Power of X
Old 03-06-2004, 08:35 AM
Lurker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've found traffic pulse to be utterly useless. They are only covering a few SoCal freeways (last time I listened they covered only 5 short sections between all of LA, OC and Riverside counties...100's of miles of fwys), and never the ones I'm on and not even ones notorious for bad traffic. Even when it rained and there were dozens of problems...still the same limited reporting.

I've had to go back to AM and Sigalert.com sending alerts to my T616 to get decent traffic reports.

XM is great for entertainment...SUCKS royal for traffic updates.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:39 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same here. It doesn't cover any of the roads I take on my daily commute. And it's not like they're obscure - 105 W to the 110 N to the 10 E! So I to have to rely on AM. It's disappointing.

What I'd like to see is something like Sigalert.com tied in to the GPS system. Then have the system calculate routes based on best travel time at the moment.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:12 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't recall where I've seen it, but there's an article out there somewhere (perhaps TOV) mentioning that Honda is testing traffic condition integrated navi in Japan.