Sponsored by:

Xm + Nbc, Cbs, Abc, Fox???

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xm + Nbc, Cbs, Abc, Fox???

What do you think?

Wouldn't it be nice to have the networks accessible on XM? You know, once in a while something good is coming on the Today show, and you are running late, and you'd like to just here the end in the car?

Or if you forget to tape Arrested Development, and you realize it while in the car...
Old 01-21-2004, 09:20 AM
Banned

Re: Xm + Nbc, Cbs, Abc, Fox???

Originally posted by TZVECL
What do you think?

Wouldn't it be nice to have the networks accessible on XM? You know, once in a while something good is coming on the Today show, and you are running late, and you'd like to just here the end in the car?

Or if you forget to tape Arrested Development, and you realize it while in the car...
I guess it would be good for some people, but I watch so little TV anymore that it would be something I would want, especially if it meant an increase in subscription costs.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:33 AM
What's a TL?

Not sure how great it would be....my walkman has TV bands on it, but I rarely use them. There is something odd about trying to follow a story without being able to see anything, especially a comedy where the physical activities are often the whole joke
Old 01-21-2004, 10:00 AM
Banned

Originally posted by VTEC=happiness
Not sure how great it would be....my walkman has TV bands on it, but I rarely use them. There is something odd about trying to follow a story without being able to see anything, especially a comedy where the physical activities are often the whole joke
That is a good point. I'm sure in the old days when people didn't have TV, they were forced to use their imaginations much more than we do. Probably the writing was better then also considering all the jokes and stories had to be understood by the majority of radio listeners for the show to be popular.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:24 AM
Rum Runner

In SoFla, we have a TV station that broadcasts a signal on the FM dial. During hurricanes, 9/11, etc. I have listened for news coverage and information. However, they type of broadcast is geared for that of a visual nature and it loses alot in the translation to the radio.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:15 AM
What's a TL?

Originally posted by Z Factor
That is a good point. I'm sure in the old days when people didn't have TV, they were forced to use their imaginations much more than we do. Probably the writing was better then also considering all the jokes and stories had to be understood by the majority of radio listeners for the show to be popular.
Imaginations, ha!!! I'm 23, and, thanks to the modern wonders of tv and movies and video games, am completely void of any imagination!!! You are definately right, most of the jokes on T.V. need a visual to be funny.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
ESPNEWS is kind of difficult to listen to on XM because they're frequently saying "as you see on the video" or referencing charts/graphics...