Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM memory............

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 09:06 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy XM memory............

I finally got around to initializing my XM and got all the channels. They told me to check four (7, 9, 47, 122 I think) channels and if I got them I would have them all. It worked great but when I went in the car the next day...........the radio lost all the channels. Another call to XM and being on hold for awhile, they said to re-initialize and this time make sure I turn the radio off before the vehicle. I did this and went in the house for a half hour. I came out and tried the radio and to my disgust I lost all the channels again. Another call to XM and a re-play of everything done so far. After losing the memory for the 4th time XM tech says to go back to Acura. Anyone else have this problem????
Old 03-10-2004, 09:39 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: XM memory............

Based on what I know, I never heard anyone having this issue yet.

Did you ever try to drive 10-20 more minutes after your XM gets all the channels? Turn it off, and turn it on while your car is still ON?

Turn to the channel 1 and stay there for 5-60 minutes and wait for their singals. Then, if you're able to listen those certain channels/stations, your XM is ready to go. No matter what you've done, your XM won't lose unless XM headquarters turn your system off.

What did XM ladies say?
Old 03-10-2004, 10:21 AM
Instructor

rets,
I stayed on channel 1 for a good 30 minutes until I aquired the four "special" channels. I even continued listening for another good 30 minutes. One time, all I did was turn off the radio and then turn it right back on and I had lost the stations.

After 4 failures the XM lady sent me over to XM tech support. The guy there said that there is nothing he can do since all they do is send out the initializations. He said it is a hardware problem and the dealer knows who at XM to have come and troubleshoot the problem. All it says now is that it is updatiing. The tech guy at XM was nice.....he said to remind the dealer to start my free 30 days over.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:49 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your radio is not activated. If you present channels and the radio isnt activated they will blank when the nedxt set of preview channels start. they change every few hours.

Call your dealer tell them to activate it... you don't need to talk to XM.
Old 03-12-2004, 01:05 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by MikeRadio
Your radio is not activated. If you present channels and the radio isnt activated they will blank when the nedxt set of preview channels start. they change every few hours.

Call your dealer tell them to activate it... you don't need to talk to XM.
The dealer just called with the news that are ordering a new radio!!
Old 03-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Instructor

what xm radio statiosn do people have programmed..just the peopel in there 20's?

i have the 20's...8...9..and 80's....anything i am missing
Old 03-14-2004, 11:28 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by tonyg24
what xm radio statiosn do people have programmed..just the peopel in there 20's?

i have the 20's...8...9..and 80's....anything i am missing
Amything you are MISSING???

That is a loaded question!