Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xlr8's Motor mounts are trash.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 12:13 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xlr8's Motor mounts are trash.

So this is just a post to let others know of my experience with xlr8 motor mounts for a 3rd gen TL. The tab in the front mount snapped and the side mount bushing and housing failed on my xlr8 mounts and then when I called them about it they acted as if it was user error. Keep in mind I'm running a completely stock engine and my friend who is a mechanic with over 30+ years of experience was the one who installed them for me. The only mod we had to make of course was drill a hole in the side mount for the grounding wire. They didn't even bother to make things right. Way to stand behind your "proven" product xlr8. Oh further, it appears as if you can't even buy the mounts for 3 gen Acura TL on xlr8's site anymore when I called a 2nd time about my mounts issue some schmuck on the other end couldn't give me a clear answer and just said "they must have been discontinued". To me it appears to be an indication that xlr8 knows they put out an inferior product. I for one was not impressed with the so called quality or the way this was handled by xlr8.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:05 AM
Safety Car

Received 856 Likes on 704 Posts
Heeltoe automotive FTW
Old 12-31-2018, 02:06 PM
Mr. Detail

Received 198 Likes on 151 Posts
Tab on my Innovative front mount snapped too, replaced it with OEM and used their urethane sound mount which so far has been solid and pretty much vibration free. Not sure if the front mount failed because of design/material error, it was somehow not properly installed or because apparently I also had a bad side mount (which I had on hand but the shop said I didn't need) and 3 bad transmission mounts which I told them to replace but they never ordered or installed (didn't charge me though) or a combination of everything?

Since going back to an OEM front mount, Innovative side mount and 3 new transmission mounts its been rock solid.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:11 PM
Vroooom!!!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a side mount (front passenger side) and it has been solid for me so far. I need to replace the one up front when I can get some free time. I forgot how I did the ground but it stick out as an issue for me.