3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Would you purchase these Angel/Demon Eyes for your TL?
Yes, that looks sooo hotttt!!!
50.55%
No, that looks wayyy to ricey for me!!!
49.45%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Would you purchase these Angel/Demon Eyes for your TL?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Would you purchase these Angel/Demon Eyes for your TL?

Hi All,

I just received pictures from Umnitza regarding the Angel/Demon Eyes.

So, would you purchase these for your car?

Obviously, in real life it would look a little different, but I think it would look really hot!!!

Here is the link for a previous thread on this topic:

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/fs-stock-99-2-3-cl-parts-108963/
Old 02-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Team Nighthawk Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PIC doesn't work, I would buy them but I'd be scared that they would be too difficult to put in. And there are not a lot of shops out here that I would trust.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Pro

I don't know exactly how much they cost right now, but I believe it might be around $99 since the guy at Umnitza was saying $199 for both the headlights...but DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THAT...once their shop opens up, I will get pricing information...

Also, to install this, it would be best to have Umnitza do it since they do this for a living...I wouldn't trust some local shops for something like this because if it isn't done properly, then you will have condensation in your headlights....

I will update you all later once I find out more information
Old 02-10-2005, 10:10 AM
Cruisin'

I think in order for it to look right, the angel eyes would have to be on the inner bulbs, so they can be "on" while the normal headlights are "on" and look right.

But I'm not sure how round eyes would look around a square enclosure...

-BZ
Old 02-10-2005, 10:11 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks HORRIBLE!!
Old 02-10-2005, 10:12 AM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

JINEN....

just a little something i just noticed with the CHOPED pics they sent you back.. dont you think it would be better to have 2 on each head light. i mean.. once you turn on your headlights you wont see the HALO... meanwhile if you put 2...1 on head light and ohter on foglight. it would look nice. speciall when you just turn your lights one time not turning them on all the way... hmm wattts that called.. just your parking lights?? i think.. i think it would look BADD ASS..
Old 02-10-2005, 10:15 AM
Advanced

when we can get that...damm that's looks cool...
nice nice nice
Old 02-10-2005, 10:15 AM
Pro

Check these out:

Mazda 3 has a similar style of headlight (just the projectors) so it would look kind of like that (I assume...correct me if I am wrong)....
Old 02-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by GunnmeTaLCURA04
JINEN....

just a little something i just noticed with the CHOPED pics they sent you back.. dont you think it would be better to have 2 on each head light. i mean.. once you turn on your headlights you wont see the HALO... meanwhile if you put 2...1 on head light and ohter on foglight. it would look nice. speciall when you just turn your lights one time not turning them on all the way... hmm wattts that called.. just your parking lights?? i think.. i think it would look BADD ASS..

Ya, we were discussing something similar to this...one of the major problems was that the driving lights enclosure isn't circular...so we are not sure how a circular halo would look on a rectangular/trapezoidal enclosure...?¿?¿?¿
Old 02-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Those must be good for at LEAST another 5HP.

Old 02-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
I took a closer look at the housing when I was at home. The ring around our projector isn't completely round, it is cut off at the top and bottom, I'm not sure if they are aware of this and if its still possible to make the product.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Pro

You're right...I saw that earlier too...

I think if it's cut on the top alone then that should be fine because the ring doesn't go 360 degrees..it probably just goes about 300 degrees...

However, if it's also cut at the bottom then that might be a bit difficult...I'll call them and ask them to go see a TL at an Acura dealership and then let us know what the possibilities are of succeeding with this project, (if any).....
Old 02-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
There is a cut at the bottom.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Pro

I just spoke to the guy from Umnitza...

He said that he doesn't know how it's going to work with the TL...since they have never done this on a TL, they can't quote us a price becuase they are not sure about the supplies that they would need...he suggested that i remove my headlights from my car and SEPARATE them and then mail it to them if i want results quickly...if i am willing to wait a month or so, then i can just mail my headlight to him as is and then i basically have to wait "in line" for them to work on this...since they have other priorities, they would only do this on a first come first serve basis...

the guy also said that to get like 100-120 people interested in this and then they will think about group buys and then have specific installers do this for them...they are not just going to do any random lights for people...if random people were to send them the lights to do this then they would charge an arm and a leg...

sooooooooo... ......i'm not sure what to do from this point...i doubt that we will be able to get 100-120 people interested in this product...so group buy is not even an option...we all would have to pay the full price...

i'm trying to see if i can mail them my headlights...i'll know whether i can or can't in a couple of hours...

suggestions anyone???
Old 02-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Advanced

What the hell is an angel eye, Ive looked at the darned picture for almost 5 minutes and fail to see anything significantly different from stock. Is it that the projector ring has a piece missing on the top or what????? People dump money on thedumbest things!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Pro

angel eyes are basically the halo rings that you see around the projector..

it's a thin wire that lights up white and at night it looks incredible...

many bmw's have these, so you might have seen them on those cars...

take a look at the mazda 3 picture above and you will see those circular halo rings...
Old 02-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Racer

Here's a pic of Halo's on my Integra and I think they look saweeet!

Old 02-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Pro

Unhappy

I just found out that I will not be able to send my headlights to them...well at least not for another 2 months...once I get my car back, then if no one has sent their lights to Umnitza, then I might send it to them...but as of now, I will not be able to continue with this project...If anyone else is interested, then please let me know so that way I can tell you who to speak to in Umnitza....
Old 02-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Reppin' for tha DPG

Sup fellas,

I just called Umnitza as I too live in the 925, CA. They said that in order for them to see if the mod would work, they would need the headlight anywhere from 2 weeks to a month.

I figured since I was in the area, I could leave the car with them for a day or two, but I guess that's not an option.

So I guess were SOL for now unless someone else can give up their headlight?
Old 02-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't screw up a nice car..

You need to add another choice to the poll..."Hell No".....
Enough said...
Old 02-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Cruisin'

Nice bird shit on the hood.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by chusteveb
Here's a pic of Halo's on my Integra and I think they look saweeet!

Ya, that may look cool, but how do you see where you're going?? I mean NO headlights at night is suicide. Besides after awhile looking cool from 'inside' the vehicle gets kinda boring. But after all this is about looking a tad bit different from the other TL owners. 'Hey' I'm special! Look at ME! Enjoy the car. In ten years you'll wonder what all the fuss was about AND this car will look outdated and goofy to ya.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:29 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
wow! i really wanted them before.... but not after that picture.....

hmmm, maye it'll look better when its a lil further away and not at that angle.... should be a night shot.... so you can really see it....
Old 02-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Intermediate

That integra's headlights look like a mutated deer with four eyes staring at an oncoming TL's HID lights. Am I the only one thinking this?? There's halos, and then there's bullseyes. To each his/her own though.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:10 AM
Instructor

I dont really like that picture of the integra either... i think its a bad pic tho.

But hey I thought the inner lights were the normal lights and then the outer ones that have the 'angel lights' photoshopped on are the high beams. Yep guess I am a noob. Can you tell I dont actually own a TL?

But if I am right then it'd loook soooo sweet, you'd have the inner lights on and the angel lights around the projectors that would be pretty visable at night, with the lights on.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:46 AM
Pro

DIY. Save your money and get some performance mods!

http://www.geocities.com/jvxdriver/eagle_eyes.htm

I think it would look different and set your TL apart from the rest!
Old 02-11-2005, 01:58 AM
Awesome to the Max

i think it looks :ghey: when one type of car tries to copy a feature of a different brand of car...

but that's just my
Old 02-11-2005, 04:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

no leave it for the bimmers.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:12 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by EleVatE

I dont really like that picture of the integra either... i think its a bad pic tho.

But hey I thought the inner lights were the normal lights and then the outer ones that have the 'angel lights' photoshopped on are the high beams. Yep guess I am a noob. Can you tell I dont actually own a TL?

But if I am right then it'd loook soooo sweet, you'd have the inner lights on and the angel lights around the projectors that would be pretty visable at night, with the lights on.
Ya it's obvious you don't own a TL (thinking of it?) Because the inner lights (fog) do not operate independently of the low beam headlights. They do go off during high beams but then who'd be looking at the angle eyes . . . They'd be blinded by them devil high beam eyes.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:18 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jinen
angel eyes are basically the halo rings that you see around the projector..

it's a thin wire that lights up white and at night it looks incredible...

many bmw's have these, so you might have seen them on those cars...

take a look at the mazda 3 picture above and you will see those circular halo rings...
Now I see the light! IMO they are
Old 02-11-2005, 09:32 AM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

I think it would be cheaper and easier to just get a BMW badge and glue it to the hood. IMO, these are a really cool feature on the BMWs and I would certainly want mine to have them. Since I own a TL and not a BMW, I don't want them. Besides, who wants to keep hearing, "Ha ha! Look at that BMW wannabe!" It's just too ricey for me.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:50 AM
Pro

I don't know why people keep on saying that this mod is a BMW wanna be...I just don't understand...Yes, I know that BMW's originally have them, but does that really mean that other cars can't?

What was the first car to have a heated steering wheel? Did the manufacturer of the second car that had a steering wheel feel as if it was a wanna-be of the first car?

What about those indiglo door sills that people are going crazy about? i know for a fact that Mercedes had them on their cars...so could we say that we're trying to be Mercedes wanna-be's?

What about our headlights? they are quite similar to the Mazda 6 (which came out before our car)...do we feel as if Acura was a wanna-be of Mazda?

seriously, some of you guys need to get that fucking man-pride out of you...so what if another car had/has a better item...that does NOT mean that people are wanna-be's....in life, when something gets created, there are going to be followers...you cannot be pessimistic like that...rather look at the optimistic side and see POTENTIAL...

and why have soo much hatred toward BMW anyway? it's a great company with some really nice lineup of cars...are you that fucking close-minded that you can't appreciate beauty of other cars? do you have that much fucking eago that you will never say that something out there in this world is better than what you have?

we, as TL owners have decided to go with the TL for many reasons...but the most common one seems to be "the best features for the best value"...imagine if Acura never existed, would you have bought a BMW...YES THERE ARE CHANCES...and if you owned a BMW then would you look down upon it? NOPE because it's one of your posessions...so WTF???????

it may sound that i'm preaching here but it's just really annoying to see how people keep on saying "wanna-be" shit...and stuff like "it's a bmw thing, not Acura"...well look outside the box buddy because i am sure there is something in the TL that it learned from other manufacturers...if the manufacturers had that much PRIDE that they would not want to learn a thing or two from their competitors then this industry would not grow...

seriously, it's just soo irritating to see the EXCESSIVE amount of pride that people have...no appreciation for other things in life...

Old 02-11-2005, 10:07 AM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Originally Posted by Jinen
I don't know why people keep on saying that this mod is a BMW wanna be...I just don't understand...Yes, I know that BMW's originally have them, but does that really mean that other cars can't?

What was the first car to have a heated steering wheel? Did the manufacturer of the second car that had a steering wheel feel as if it was a wanna-be of the first car?

What about those indiglo door sills that people are going crazy about? i know for a fact that Mercedes had them on their cars...so could we say that we're trying to be Mercedes wanna-be's?

What about our headlights? they are quite similar to the Mazda 6 (which came out before our car)...do we feel as if Acura was a wanna-be of Mazda?

seriously, some of you guys need to get that fucking man-pride out of you...so what if another car had/has a better item...that does NOT mean that people are wanna-be's....in life, when something gets created, there are going to be followers...you cannot be pessimistic like that...rather look at the optimistic side and see POTENTIAL...

and why have soo much hatred toward BMW anyway? it's a great company with some really nice lineup of cars...are you that fucking close-minded that you can't appreciate beauty of other cars? do you have that much fucking eago that you will never say that something out there in this world is better than what you have?

we, as TL owners have decided to go with the TL for many reasons...but the most common one seems to be "the best features for the best value"...imagine if Acura never existed, would you have bought a BMW...YES THERE ARE CHANCES...and if you owned a BMW then would you look down upon it? NOPE because it's one of your posessions...so WTF???????

it may sound that i'm preaching here but it's just really annoying to see how people keep on saying "wanna-be" shit...and stuff like "it's a bmw thing, not Acura"...well look outside the box buddy because i am sure there is something in the TL that it learned from other manufacturers...if the manufacturers had that much PRIDE that they would not want to learn a thing or two from their competitors then this industry would not grow...

seriously, it's just soo irritating to see the EXCESSIVE amount of pride that people have...no appreciation for other things in life...

Whoa! I meant no offense. I love BMWs. Well, at least the previous generation, that is. The new ones aren't working for me style-wise. As I said above, any BMW I buy will have angel eyes. They're really cool. I test drove some 5s before getting the TL.

I almost see your point about adopting the good features from other cars, but I think it's different with the angel eyes. To me, that is a BMW trademark and not a feature, like heated seats, etc. Putting angel eyes on anything but a BMW is like those Pontiac Fiero owners who put Ferrari-style body kits on them in the hopes they'll look more like Ferraris. Another example are those old body kits that made VW Beetles look like little Rolls Royces. I just don't see angel eyes as an accessory, like fog lights and wheels. I see them as a BMW logo as much as the badge on the hood.

It's just my opinion. It's just not my thing. I'm not here to thread crap. Your thread's title is "Would you purchase these Angel/Demon Eyes for your TL?" My answer is, "No," and I provided an explanation. If you don't want an explanation, perhaps you should've specified that in the opening post.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Pro

I never specified who that response was to...my thread was not referring towards you, but towards the whole population who feel as if angel eyes are wanna-be's of BMW's...

There were discussions earlier and at that point, I also received responses about the whole BMW thing...if you consider the angel eyes to be a trademark then what's your opinion about those indiglo door sills? or even turn signal indicators on mirrors? what about the deck lid spoiler (imitation from a M3 perhaps??)?

those are just a few things that i wanted to point out...and i am sure there are hypocrites in this forum who LOVE the indiglo door sills and don't CONSIDER it to be Mercedes wanna-be but when it comes to the ANGEL EYES, it's like WANNA-BE....that's what i really wanted to point out and that's what i didn't understand...those hypocrites who need to expand their thoughts...who need to be more optimistic lol...

yes, i did ask in my thread "would you purchase these angel/demon eyes"...and for you to say that i should specifiy whether an explanation is needed or not...well did you see it in the question lol....it was a yes or no answer...so then why did u provide an explanation?? did you see my question as "would you purchase these angel/demon eyes? please explain your answer"....i know i didn't have that type of a question on there...so i'd suggest that we stay away from the whole phrasing your question shit...

i'm glad that you actually gave your opinion...and i'm also glad that others gave an opinion as well...it just helps all of us see different perspectives...i have nothing against you or anyone in this forum...and i value and respect your opinions as well as others, but what i just don't understand is the whole wann-be crap...there are some people who hate the whole demon eyes and that's completely understandable...but don't call it a bmw wanna-be....ESPECIALLY if you are FOR THE INDIGLO DOOR SILLS IDEA...you know what i'm saying? i'm just trying to make the hypocrites see my point...not you...
Old 02-11-2005, 10:30 AM
Pro

so anyways....anyone else interested in volunteering their headlights to umnitza??? it'll cost you 100 bucks probably...they'll install the ring around your projectors and then you will just have to install the headlight assembly on your car...i would definitely be interested in this but i won't have my car for the next two months...so anyone else willing to volunteer????
Old 02-11-2005, 10:47 AM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Frankly, I really don't care if BMWs have them or not. (Actually I have never seen them on a car other than in the pics that were posted. BMWs, like TLs, are pretty rare around here.) Too much "bling" for my taste.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ayethetiense
wow! i really wanted them before.... but not after that picture.....

hmmm, maye it'll look better when its a lil further away and not at that angle.... should be a night shot.... so you can really see it....

lol... Wow, sorry Jinen for posting that pic of my Integra, looks like it did more harm than good

Just to clarify; the halos on my Integra and the ones possibly to be made on the TL, I'm sure will work like all the rest. Halos come on with the parking lights (no seperate switch) and the HID's still come on as headlights (just as normal).

My only question is, if this mod can not be done with halos on the fogs along with the headlights, would those of us who want them now, still want them with the halos only on the HIDs? I'd have to change my answer to: I'd only want them if the mod was able to be done to all 4 lights going across the front of the car. I can't think of a time that I ever had just my parking lights on only, so I'd never be able to see the halos in that case. And with that said, now I'm wondering if we would even be able to see the halos on the fogs if the hids were on? probably not but maybe. I know that the halos on my dad's 5 series is a bit brighter than my aftermarkets on the Integra and it's a bit hard to see the halos on the highbeams with the hids on in the Teg.

Let me see if I can clear myself of that last (bad) picture, with another picture(s) (maybe not as bad )

Like the FMIC at least? This is my on going project car that resulted in 340HP to the ground and a TL for a daily driver, which I have grown to love equally as my project Integra (even though the TL still sits outside )

I love the look of the halos on the Integra, now all I need is a bumper sticker that says "Got Rice?" on the back of my car, j/k.

I'd seriously consider buying halos for the TL when I see one made and on the car. Seeing the final product on the TL itself will tell all, one way or another.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:41 AM
Pro

If you want the halo rings on all four areas (both the projectors and both the fog lights), then you can certainly do that...however, it may look awkward on the fog lights since they are not ciruclar...

i am not sure how the halo rings would look when the headlights and foglights are on, or even when just the headlights are on...

what i do know is that when we have the parking lights on, the projectors and fogs are off, and then if the halo is attached to the parking lights, then it's gonna look HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT....now, the chances of just leaving your parking lights on and driving with that? ummm slim to none lol...

even though this mod is really exciting and cool, i don't believe it would work that well since our headlights don't have circular enclosures for BOTH the projectors and fogs...the only other option is to have the halo rings around your headlights (projectors) and leave it to that...but i am not sure whether you would actually be able to see the halos with our bright HID's...so that poses another dilemma...

basically, we will not know a definite answer to any of these questions/dilemma until someone actually proceeds with this project...once we have a prototype, then that should be able to answer all of our concerns....
Old 02-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Repecat
Frankly, I really don't care if BMWs have them or not. (Actually I have never seen them on a car other than in the pics that were posted. BMWs, like TLs, are pretty rare around here.) Too much "bling" for my taste.
See, I could completely appreciate and understand this guys response...he doesn't give two shits about bmw's or any other car, but he just doesn't like the look of it...he just doesn't like those angel/demon eyes...they just don't appeal to him...and that sounds sooooooooooooooooooooo much better than someone saying, ohh it looks like a bmw wanna-be lol....

thanks repecat for your opinion!!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Instructor

lol super noob here. I just want to make sure I understand it.
The inside lights that look more like a normal headlight on a car are fog lights? and the other lights is jsut the HID that is the normal and high beam?

cut me some slack I dont actually own a TL

And yes to whoever replied to my post before, I am looking to get one.

Quick Reply: Would you purchase these Angel/Demon Eyes for your TL?