Would you buy a loaner vehicle from Acura?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010 | 02:24 PM
Instructor

Not at all unless it's really cheap. I don't know how the previous drivers treated the car.

Originally Posted by con5tant
just curious here...essentially your buying a rental car that probably has been beat a bit. would anyone buy one?
Old 12-30-2010 | 04:46 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Originally Posted by weeeerd
For all of you guys that are beating on a loaner vehicle, grow up. Using them for things you would never do on your vehicle? Give me a break.

Reverse the situation. Would you like it if a technician was out beating the hell out of your vehicle? Right, I didn't think so.
^This

I'm always amazed by how you guys say you treat loaners. Also, the way you bitch if the dealer doesn't provide them. Whatever happened to respecting other peoples' stuff? Someone ends up paying for the abuse and it isn't just the person that buys the abused car.

That said, yes, for the right price I'd buy a loaner after having it checked out.
Old 12-31-2010 | 05:32 AM
10th Gear

My friends mom just bought a 2010 Lexus is250 loaner car with 10k miles and awd for 30k with ny sales tax. It came with a 6 yr 90k bumper to bumper warranty. I think this was a great deal. Chances are the loaner wasnt be beat too badly. I doubt most luxury cars are mistreated as much as people think .
Old 12-31-2010 | 09:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by MR1
^This

I'm always amazed by how you guys say you treat loaners. Also, the way you bitch if the dealer doesn't provide them. Whatever happened to respecting other peoples' stuff? Someone ends up paying for the abuse and it isn't just the person that buys the abused car.

That said, yes, for the right price I'd buy a loaner after having it checked out.
i agree... the loaner is meant as a perk and not all dealerships have to provide this service to you... keep it up and we may start to see Acura acting like Honda dealerships and not giving us free loaners anymore since ppl treat them like crap...

when i got a brand new 4G TL and saw that it was still within break in period... i ensured that i helped break it in properly for whoever ends up owning the car...
Old 12-31-2010 | 11:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MR1
^This

Old 12-31-2010 | 01:33 PM
Team Owner

I'll admit in my younger days I did unmentionable things in rental cars.

Now I drive them almost like my own.

I was back east on the Gulf Coast checking out my land last year and my stream had overflowed and was running across the main road. I was in an Altima rental car. On the other side of the stream, a lifted F350 was in the process of turning around. I guess it was the rental factor that made me go for it. Once I got in the middle I was no longer worried about killing the engine I was worried about being swept away by the current. Luckily we made it and the F-350 turned back around and went through it after he saw an Altima do it. Didn't hurt the car at all but I would not have attempted it in my own. Maybe that was bad judgment vs purposely tearing them up. The GF beat me afterward lol.
Old 12-31-2010 | 07:51 PM
Detail Cars in Philly in

dont do it, used to work at a dealer and have seen what is done to them. used 87 gas and beat the [piss out of them