Wood Accent Piece Kit Added w/ Quartz

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 03:07 PM
Team Secretary of Housing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wood Accent Piece Kit Added w/ Quartz

Hi everyone,
Happy New Year to one and all.
For those that have been patiently waiting for me to post my pics of my transformed interior the day has finally arrived. Please go to my photo gallery to view 12 pics taken today. To remind folks I am the one that opted to change out the Black carbon inserts for the wood tone inserts found in the other lighter interiors. In addition I have just completed the addition of the wood kit of accent pieces available on the internet. Anyone interested can e-mail me for additional information such as price etc. Those of you local to me in Southern CA can get the same deals I got including installation. I love my car even more than before if that is even possible. Everyone that sees it once the door opens literally drops their jaw. The rich wood look really makes a huge difference in the look. Probably not for all but for some you may want to make the same transformation.
P.S.: Remember I am not a photographer so be gentle to me. Also the wood kit exactly matches the insert pieces provided with the parchment/camel interiors so it blends seamlessly with the interior as original. All I did was take out anything Black Carbon and replace same with the pieces that come with parchment/camel.
Bruce
Old 12-26-2003, 03:15 PM
Drifting

in some parts i think it looks pretty good, but in others i think it looks fugly as hell. hmmm...
Old 12-26-2003, 03:32 PM
Burning Brakes

All that light wood with the quartz interior is certainly different than what came with the car. I'm happy for you that you found a way to make your car unique and a reflection of your own style and taste. Good for you!
Old 12-26-2003, 03:44 PM
Racer

Is this the only shade of wood accent you could find? I think quartz would look great with dark wood accents, like what was available on the previous TL.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:23 PM

color of wood accents

The lighting affects how it looks in the pics. The color of wood pieces is exactly the same as Acura puts in when it is used in the Parchment/Camel interiors. It really does look great. I guess it is one of those things you would have to see in person to appreciate. Doesn't really matter though, I did it for me, and I love it.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:30 PM
Cruisin'

I really like how that turned out.

What did the full wood trim cost you ?? and is it just a matter of pulling off those pieces (its it just sticky glue or more cement like?) and remounting all those portions.

And around the Nav/Vents how did you go about removing those portions??

Is this a 1 or 2 day job?

hehe sorry for all the questions, but i like how it looks.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:44 PM

time frame details

Thanks for the positive feedback.
Actually a two part job. The first step was to order the replacement insert pieces that would replace the Black carbon ones that come with the Quartz. The cost was just under $1000 installed. This took about two weeks to get and 8 hours to install. They are clipped in place and the Dealer had to remove the door panels, console etc to install the wood tone ones. That part came out great. Then I knew from previous cars that I have owned that additional wood accent kits might be available. Sure enough I located one on the internet. This cost just under $200 and took two weeks to get. I had a professional install the kit for $100. It took him about 45 minutes. I probably could have done it since it is a glued overlay in each piece location, but he did work for me before and for the price it was worth it to have it done right the first time. If you would like additional information feel free to e-mail direct.
Bruce
Old 12-26-2003, 04:49 PM
Advanced

Bruce,

This looks rather unique. The wooden interior looks very detailed and the fit seems to be excellent!

If you are happy with this look, good for you! But to tell you the truth, to me this would feel like being in a cabin in the woods. It's just too much wood, IMHO. I, personally, prefer the original faux-carbon plastic with the aluminum trim, but that's just me.

Either way, your car now definitely looks unique and rare! I hope you are enjoying it and thanks for sharing the pictures!
Old 12-26-2003, 05:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

i think it would look nice in the parchment or camel interior and i might even see if i can add some. the only problem i have is that it seems a little like overkill
Old 12-26-2003, 06:14 PM
Racer

Bruce:

I like the look. Thanks for sharing the pics. I'm going to get the extra trim also. I have a parchment interior.

Greg
Old 12-26-2003, 07:01 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Wood Accent Piece Kit Added w/ Quartz

Bruce,

I remember U, thanks for those pics. Well done...
Old 02-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Racer

I am glad you stated that you had a pro install it. I was considering ordering and doing it myself but theres an outfit locally that does it and who can probably get the same kit since I have seen their catalogs so for 3 bills I think its a good look. kinda leery of the piece that goes over the speedo but if you have ever seen the console of a benz cl 500 then you know how good that wood can look, especially in something other than the usual ugly burl walnut. thanks for the inspiration. too bad the gallery is on spring break.