3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper Blades

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
^^ I did once after my car came from a horrible body shop where I had over spray of paint from other cars that were in the shop all over my car. It took me a week of claying my car and my wheels to get it resolved however my blades were fukd. At first I didn't know this was the reason for the streaking so I called PIAA and complained and they sent me new ones right away and no I didn't have to send me old blades. They don't care as these are dime a dozen to them bit excellent customer service. So anyways after getting them replaced the streaking was minimized but still there so then I decided to clay the entire windshield and long and behold streaking solved!! That's when I realized it was the over spray was cause of the streaking.

In any event the point of this story is that PIAA will replace them no questions asked even if you accidentally got a set that streaked and they don't hassle you to send your old blades back or provide receipt. And they sent me blades not just the refills!!

Last edited by Elegant TYPE S; 12-19-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
I bought new blades for both cars yesterday. Pep Boys have a mail-in rebate going on the Rain-X Latitude blades: buy one, get the second one free up to $21.99, maximum two rebates per customer. I figured what the heck, why not give them a try since that saves me $39.90. I put them on yesterday just in time for heavy rain today and they've been very good so far. I'll have to see how they do over time, especially on the RX-7 since it gets parked outdoors.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
I have a couple questions on the PIAA wipers.

Assuming the Icons like I'm using clear the windshield with every stroke which they do, is the only advantage of silicone that they last longer?

Do the PIAAs work as well for clearing the windshield?

In other words, the Icons and PIAAs do an equal job of clearing the windshield but the PIAAs won't go bad from sitting through a hot dry summer like we have here.

If that's true, it would be worth it for me since the summers are what kill my wipers.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Elegant TYPE S
^^ I did once after my car came from a horrible body shop where I had over spray of paint from other cars that were in the shop all over my car. It took me a week of claying my car and my wheels to get it resolved however my blades were fukd. At first I didn't know this was the reason for the streaking so I called PIAA and complained and they sent me new ones right away and no I didn't have to send me old blades. They don't care as these are dime a dozen to them bit excellent customer service. So anyways after getting them replaced the streaking was minimized but still there so then I decided to clay the entire windshield and long and behold streaking solved!! That's when I realized it was the over spray was cause of the streaking.

In any event the point of this story is that PIAA will replace them no questions asked even if you accidentally got a set that streaked and they don't hassle you to send your old blades back or provide receipt. And they sent me blades not just the refills!!
so are you saying anyone can call PIAA and complain, and in return will receive (for free) what people are paying 40 dollars for? lol
Old 12-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

^^ Let me know how that works out, can it be done, I think so never tried ... haha.. but that's wrong cuz then eventually you'll F it up for the rest of us who legitimately have issues if PIAA catches on. They are trying to have good customer service and we should respect that in todays age, since not too many companies care for that anymore. Don't try to cheat and take advantage of a company that is being good to us.

Originally Posted by I hate cars
I have a couple questions on the PIAA wipers.

Assuming the Icons like I'm using clear the windshield with every stroke which they do, is the only advantage of silicone that they last longer?

Do the PIAAs work as well for clearing the windshield?

In other words, the Icons and PIAAs do an equal job of clearing the windshield but the PIAAs won't go bad from sitting through a hot dry summer like we have here.

If that's true, it would be worth it for me since the summers are what kill my wipers.
PIAAs work as good as the icons, only advantage is having a free coating of excellent water repellant with every swipe of the blades across your windshield. This coating is so good that when I'm traveling at 60+mph in drizzling to moderate rain, I dont even use my wipers because the water just sleets right off! Its the coolest thing and plus even in slower traffic the water just doest stick the windshield. If you've used rain-x its similar but you have to keep reapplying rain-x every 2-3 months, with these they get applied with ever swipe so need to every do it.

Last edited by Elegant TYPE S; 12-20-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:13 PM
▒JDM ¥ KING▒

Received 141 Likes on 65 Posts
Valeo FTW! Had them for almost 2 years and they are still good.

Best deal at http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/brands/valeo.jsp
Old 12-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bosch icon or valeo is the way to go.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Cruisin'

I didn't know piaa made wiper blades but after reading this thread I'm a bit curious...

I'm a fan of the rain-x products - blades (non-latitude, can't find them locally), washer fluid and glass cleaner. Seems to work just fine - at highway speeds water usually beads well enough to not even need the wipers to be on.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Instructor

What do you mean CLAY the windshield?? What product should I buy ?
Old 12-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Instructor

Anyone know any brands of Silicone sprays for the windshield? Also brands and where I could get it if possible.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Sǝxy Timǝ in my

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
I just got mine shipped in yesterday...I didn't have time to put it on yet. I will update how it turns out.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Burning Brakes

^^ Let me know how that works out, can it be done, I think so never tried ... haha.. but that's wrong cuz then eventually you'll F it up for the rest of us who legitimately have issues if PIAA catches on. They are trying to have good customer service and we should respect that in todays age, since not too many companies care for that anymore. Don't try to cheat and take advantage of a company that is being good to us.

PIAAs work as good as the icons, only advantage is having a free coating of excellent water repellant with every swipe of the blades across your windshield. This coating is so good that when I'm traveling at 60+mph in drizzling to moderate rain, I dont even use my wipers because the water just sleets right off! Its the coolest thing and plus even in slower traffic the water just doest stick the windshield. If you've used rain-x its similar but you have to keep reapplying rain-x every 2-3 months, with these they get applied with ever swipe so need to every do it.
^^^lmao i wasnt. i appreciate good customer service. thats why i bought mine from pep boys.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Sǝxy Timǝ in my

Thanks to Elegant TYPE S, I bought the PIAA wipers. I have been using them for last few weeks they works really great. A lot of times I don't even need to use the wipers water just slide right off. I ordered some for my gf's car too.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Advanced

Just Ordered

After lurking this debate, Elegant covinced me to order PIAA. I will report when installed.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Originally Posted by Selim'sTL
Thanks to Elegant TYPE S, I bought the PIAA wipers. I have been using them for last few weeks they works really great. A lot of times I don't even need to use the wipers water just slide right off. I ordered some for my gf's car too.
Isn't it great! The best part is when others have to keep reapplying rain-x every 3 months or so and we don't have to jack to get the same or ever better IMO type of results. LoL. I'm assuming you bought the package with the towlettes in theM?

Originally Posted by Tame Ladies
After lurking this debate, Elegant covinced me to order PIAA. I will report when installed.
LoL.. you won't be disppointed.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

And to the rest of you, lurkers and non lurkers... where are the reviews!?!? I know you're not holding back.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
elegant - i would try these out, but my Bosch Icons just happen to be doing such an amazing job that I don't need replacements

altho after your rave reviews i want to give these a try and see which brand works better for me.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Advanced

I bought a set of Bosh Icons and I must say they are great! Highly recommend! Plus they look mean on my car! Same look I get on my 06 BMW 525xi.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:57 AM
Burning Brakes

can i get the PIAA's at like autozone or something
Old 01-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Sǝxy Timǝ in my

Originally Posted by TLNY04
can i get the PIAA's at like autozone or something
You should be able to find them at PepBoys but Amazon is cheaper if you get them as sets. Also, for first time user make sure to get whole package deal where it comes with Silicon window treatment that will stay forever. They cost around $38 for both of them together.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...&sprefix=PIAA+
Old 01-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Sǝxy Timǝ in my

Isn't it great! The best part is when others have to keep reapplying rain-x every 3 months or so and we don't have to jack to get the same or ever better IMO type of results. LoL. I'm assuming you bought the package with the towlettes in theM?
Yes, package deal FTW. My gf is very impressed how well they clean the windshield with no effort. I had buy them for her Lexus as well
Old 05-09-2009, 06:16 PM
1st Gear

Hey I am from NJ, Can you tell me where in NJ can I purchase these PIAA wipers, I have to drive by the airport in a few days, so I can go pick these wipers as well.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
Purchased the Forza (drivers side) and Super Silicon (passenger side) from tire rack a couple of weeks ago. When I got the package I saw the plastic was popped up on one side. It didn't seem damaged other wise so I popped it back in place. Then I was about to open the passenger side wiper and saw the plastic was dented in. Looked closer and saw that the assembly was dented in at the mounting point. The box was ok so I'm assuming it got damaged in shipment to tire rack or in the warehouse.

Called in Monday and let the rep know what happened and that I think the forza was probably fine but needed to replace the passenger side one. She sent me out a replacement at no charge and didn't even require me to send back the damaged one. Got an extra silicone prep pack now.

Got the replacement blade in today and did the window prep and install. Once done I saw that the forza is not sitting flush against the windshield. My bad for not having both replaced the first time. Now it get to call back in and get a replacement for the forza.

I'm thinking I just had bad luck on the order. Luckily the customer service has rocked so far. I'm just going to leave on the bad blade for now I guess until they can send me a replacement. Probably should check the weather though. Can't wait to try them out in some bad weather once I get 2 good ones on the car.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

got OEM replacement blade inserts at my Acura dealer in January and the things suck!! they streak like crazy after only 2 months and I want to get them off ASAP! has anyone tired the Trico NeoForm Beam Blades? I'm deciding between them or the Bosch Icons! not really interested in the PIAA because they don't have the new beam design!
Old 03-23-2010, 08:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by smarty666
got OEM replacement blade inserts at my Acura dealer in January and the things suck!! they streak like crazy after only 2 months and I want to get them off ASAP! has anyone tired the Trico NeoForm Beam Blades? I'm deciding between them or the Bosch Icons! not really interested in the PIAA because they don't have the new beam design!
my question is, the Trico's have a teflon coating on them, do the Bosch Icon's do? and are the Bosch Evolution's the newer version of the Icon's and if so would those be better than the Icon's to try?

any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-01-2010, 12:39 AM
8th Gear

smarty666, I just ordered the new OEM Accord wipers from Honda (same size as the TL's wipers) because they have a nicer look than the TL's OEM wipers. They fit really well and they look good on the car. Just thought I would let you know!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dray88
smarty666, I just ordered the new OEM Accord wipers from Honda (same size as the TL's wipers) because they have a nicer look than the TL's OEM wipers. They fit really well and they look good on the car. Just thought I would let you know!
Let me know how they work out. Are the OEM Accord blades a flat beam blade design? I went ahead and ordered a set or Trico NeoForm Blades for my TL. They were on sale and have a 15 dollar mail in rebate so when all is said in done, its going to cost me about 20 bucks for the set. I'll write back after a few rain storms to let you know how they are.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by dray88
would you mind posting some pics?
Old 04-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by blkaspec
would you mind posting some pics?
I'd love to but I don't know how to with acurazine.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Unregistered User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Do the PIAA blade refills replace just the OEM rubber blades?

The rubber part is worn and I don't want to replace the whole wiper. It seems I can pull out the rubber part and replace it.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:53 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
I've had the Rain-X Latitudes since winter '08 and they have been working fine. I'll probably replace them this Fall.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:15 AM
05' AT SSM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL 110 posts and 2 years on what wiper blades.

Personally i use my wipers like 10x a year, as long as it clears the rain of the windshield who cares.

Pretty much any windshield wipers will work, don't get to worked up on brands.

I will say however there are a windshield wipesr that have a full rubber jacket that is great for winter..never have the wiper sticking to the windshield problem. Having a good winter wiper is nice if you live in a place with hard winters.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:27 AM
Instructor

PIAA's all they way....
Old 05-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Unregistered User

The rubber part on my blades is falling apart so it has to be replaced and I don't want to have to take apart the whole wiper and replace the whole thing. I think the dealer charges $30 to do that but I think I can do it myself for $10.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Acura drove me away too..

Received 107 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by chairguru22
The rubber part on my blades is falling apart so it has to be replaced and I don't want to have to take apart the whole wiper and replace the whole thing. I think the dealer charges $30 to do that but I think I can do it myself for $10.
If there ever was a DIY job for our car it's the wiper blades... Dude save ur money. I just did mine in the Autozone parking lot, took me all of 5 minutes.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Unregistered User

I got some Good Year blades at Costco but it's the entire wiper and I couldn't figure out how to take off the OEM ones to do a swap. They also look/feel cheap so I'm gonna just get the inserts instead.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Acura drove me away too..

Received 107 Likes on 66 Posts
Old 05-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I am a huge fan of Bosch MicroEdge wiper blades. Works great and lasts long for the midrange price. I can't justify spending $25 on a wiper blade. One of our work vans have Icon's and I really don't see much difference.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Unregistered User

I went ahead and installed the Good Year Assurance wiper blades and they are actually pretty decent afterall. $16 for a pair.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Anyone know where to get the set? All I can find on Amazon are these two, but it looks like I'll have to buy them separately:

http://www.amazon.com/95065-Super-Si...576112&sr=1-11

http://www.amazon.com/95048-Super-Si...576112&sr=1-12

Quick Reply: Wiper Blades