Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

winter mats

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
winter mats

FYI went to costco and picked up some really nice mats $20. they come in gray black and light brown.
the gray matches my interior like it was stock!!
2 fronts and 2 rears all rubber. ill take some pics when i put them in
Old 12-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Instructor

How does the fit compare to the OEM mats?
Old 12-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Registered abuser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As long as you're happy with them
Old 12-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Advanced

I took mine back becuase the fit was bad . Got some oem mats from an Acura dealer on e-bay for $95

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...7638QQtcZphoto
Old 12-05-2008, 11:32 PM
B A N N E D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know what mats you talking about. I have those in my other car. Those Costco mats don't in anyway do justice that protection the OEM mats give you. If you love your TL, make the investment and get yourself a set of the Acura TL OEM mats (also, the trunk tray is worth it!), you won't regret it. Money well spent.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:18 AM
ROFLCOPTER!

OEM is the only way to go.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
I have my all weather rubber mats from my accord (traded) in my TL. lol, i know, it's bad, but they are the same except they just say accord hehehe
Old 12-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Why would anyone pay $100 for the OEM mats when you can buy mats at Sears for $15.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Instructor

Because the OEM mats do a way better job of covering all the carpeting and protecting it from water. They are worth it!
Old 12-06-2008, 11:01 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Babnik
Why would anyone pay $100 for the OEM mats when you can buy mats at Sears for $15.
Why did you buy the TL from Acura for >30K when you could have bought a Focus from Ford for <15K?. Yeah, sure, a car's different than mats but fit and finish has relative value no matter what the product.

The OE mats aren't perfect but they do fit perfectly. If they could hold more melt without leaking onto the carpet they would be perfect
Old 12-06-2008, 12:02 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

Why would anyone put some fugly $15 mats in a $40k car? The $15 mats make the whole car look bad--the part you have to look at all the time while you are driving around (the interior of the car.) I just posted in ANOTHER mat thread (I can't figure out why people keep trolling for Weatertech and ebay knockoffs) that the OEMs are the only mats worth having.

OEMs keep a slick look to your car--I think it makes the black interior look even better. The OEM mats have HUGE coverage. I've never seen a more protective mat. So not only do you preserve the look of your car visually but also in fact.

All I can guess is that one of you guys works at Sears, is selling mats on ebay, or is a Weathertech rep. There is no way that anyone on here should be buying these crappy knockoffs. So to answer your question as to why, the extra $85 is completely, 100% worth it.

But hey, if you want to crap up your $40k car by cheaping out on some knockoff mats, go ahead! I suggest you also cheap out on the car and just go with a Kia next time. That way your car will match your floor mats!

Last edited by xen-cuts; 12-06-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Burning Brakes

LOL! I can kinda understand Adobeman's argument about the OEM mats covering the carpet better. But the looks argument is just silly. They're MATS dude, they're down under your feet, most people don't even notice them. When I sit in someone else's car the mats are the last thing I notice.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:19 PM
6th Gear

what about the weathertech floorliner digital fit? Those seem like they fit well especially if you really want to cover up more carpet.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Instructor

X2 on the weathertech digitals, they do a better job than the OEM all seasons. You get any amount of water on the OEM's and any turn or hard stop and it goes right onto the carpet. At least the weathertechs control water and slush better...
Old 12-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm one to admit that i am a cheap A$$...but i had to have the OEM mats (it killed me with the price, but i thought it was worth it for my baby)...it just contours perfectly to the shape of the car, and plus, i think people DO notice it, it's very classy looking.

Plus that "TL" on it finishes it off perfectly!

However, if i would've known about the weather techs prior to the OEM's - that would've been a toss up for me!
Old 12-06-2008, 07:07 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

They're MATS dude, they're down under your feet, most people don't even notice them. When I sit in someone else's car the mats are the last thing I notice.
That's the problem: Put some ugly shit in there and suddenly it will be noticeable.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:09 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

Originally Posted by JERU
At least the weathertechs control water and slush better...
How is this a problem for you guys? I live in Boston and I don't track a cubic foot of snow into my car in the winter time. I really can't figure it out. Can you take photos of your shoes when you get into the car and some aftershots of your floormats? It would help to clear up an amazing mystery for me.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by xen-cuts
How is this a problem for you guys? I live in Boston and I don't track a cubic foot of snow into my car in the winter time. I really can't figure it out. Can you take photos of your shoes when you get into the car and some aftershots of your floormats? It would help to clear up an amazing mystery for me.
Pittsburgh baby. Snows almost everyday from Jan-April. You wear boots with tread. The tread contains packed snow which melts while you drive. Not sure why this is anything that needs to be explained. When May comes I have to steam clean the carpet area surrounding the mats without fail. The Weathertechs have an aggressive lip to stop this sort of thing. The lip protects the trunk release, the dead pedal, everything. Personally I could care less what anybody buys, but facts are facts. The Weathertechs Digital Fit are a better designed mat than the OEMs. I have both, no contest.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by xen-cuts
I always hit my feet together to try to get most of the snow/slush/water off. But other people who get in my car don't. I often go out to lunch with coworkers and I'm often the one who drives (most of my coworkers are a bunch of brokeass recent grads who don't have cars) and other people either don't care if they get slush in your car, or they're too stupid to realize it's an issue. I didn't care too much last winter with my last car but this winter now that I have a nice car I'm gonna try to minimize how often I drive when we go out to lunch.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Instructor

lol you guys are are funny. yes im sure the $100 mats or even more weathertech$ look nicer since they are ment to fit the TL. But unless you have seen the mats i speak of i wouldnt bash them. they color match perfectly and are designed to hold water. The fit is almost right on except for the gas tank switch (im gonna trim a little ) and the gas pedal ( ill trim some of that too)

why put a $20 mat into a $30k car- well thats easy
I never spent $30k on the car- only 11500 so putting over $100 winter floor mats into my car is just dumb!
If your TL is new yea id spend the money on nice oems or weathertechs

id rather put that $100 some where else in the car
Old 12-07-2008, 08:02 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

I always hit my feet together to try to get most of the snow/slush/water off. But other people who get in my car don't. I often go out to lunch with coworkers and I'm often the one who drives (most of my coworkers are a bunch of brokeass recent grads who don't have cars) and other people either don't care if they get slush in your car, or they're too stupid to realize it's an issue. I didn't care too much last winter with my last car but this winter now that I have a nice car I'm gonna try to minimize how often I drive when we go out to lunch.
I hear you on other people. I like the ebony interior so I always take my mats out and wash them to keep all the dirt and dustiness out. Nobody ever bothers to knock the crap off their shoes when they get in my car, but then again the black really shows dirt easily.

Some of you guys give me the impression that you are driving around with a personal foot spa under your feet, sloshing all over. I've really never had problems like you guys are describing.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
post up some pics of the mats