AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   Where do you all buy your parts from? (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/where-do-you-all-buy-your-parts-921400/)

QuickTL07 11-16-2014 10:33 PM

Where do you all buy your parts from?

As simple as that, I need to replace belt engine belt, since stupid Acura Dealer didn't do it.

My question is, where all do you guys buy your parts from?
Links would be helpful

Thank You

JMiles_T 11-16-2014 11:31 PM

RockAuto Parts Catalog
Acura Parts @ AcuraAutomotiveParts.org - Genuine Acura OEM Parts from Acura Carland

dezymond 11-17-2014 12:50 AM

If you requested for and paid for that part to be replaced at a dealer it is their responsibility and obligation to replace it. Have you spoken to the service manager if you haven't already?

justnspace 11-17-2014 04:49 AM

rockauto for stupid cheap prices on replacement parts like the belt that you need.

ggesq 11-17-2014 08:25 AM

Any one of our vendors:

AcuraZine Community - Vendor Directory

vietxquangstah 11-17-2014 08:36 AM

Genuine Honda and Acura Parts | DCHAutomotiveParts.com

Nick216 11-17-2014 08:37 AM

Endlessrpm.com

1black_seven 11-17-2014 09:09 AM

Oemacuraparts.com

DMZ 11-17-2014 10:59 AM

It depends on what parts your looking for and how fast you need them. Also, consider OEM parts direct from those manufacturers who make them for Honda/Acura.

In the case of the timing belt kit, the AISIN kit from rockauto.com contains the original Honda OEM parts without the Honda name on the package. The LUK clutch kit also from rockauto also contains the original OEM clutch disk and pressure plate without the Honda name on the package AT SUBSTANTIAL SAVINGS! And sometimes, you can lucky on ebaY as well.

It's on a case by case basis, so post what parts you're looking for and someone here will let you know the best place to get them.

Bullet1974 12-01-2014 05:26 PM

Oemacuraparts.com

markie.markvipTL 12-01-2014 07:05 PM

Ebay or acura / honda
or endless rpm

NBP04TL4ME 12-01-2014 07:09 PM

bernardiparts.com

QuickTL07 12-01-2014 11:11 PM

Sweeeet!!!

Thank you all

AckTL05 12-04-2014 02:18 AM

^ check out our sales going on randomly and every little things like LEDs, door sill decals, front bumper decals and more

www endlessrpm com

If you going clutch I will say luk or exedy is not up to OEM standards. If you have the same car side by side one with OEM clutch or aftermarket its 100% better and longer last than after market.

WDPanda 12-04-2014 03:07 AM

For the drive belt, I would go with Gates Micro-V
Very easy to DIY- 14mm socket, 3/8" rachet with hollow pole or breaker bar (breaker doesn't rachet so pain sometimes) and some chest power
Don't get ripped off at a dealer for this.

DMZ 12-04-2014 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by AckTL05 (Post 15256902)
If you going clutch I will say luk or exedy is not up to OEM standards. If you have the same car side by side one with OEM clutch or aftermarket its 100% better and longer last than after market.

I thought the LUK kit IS the OEM clutch. When mine was replaced with the LUK, putting the old and new parts side by side, you couldn't tell the difference, except of course for the wear on the disk.

AckTL05 12-08-2014 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by DMZ (Post 15258043)
I thought the LUK kit IS the OEM clutch. When mine was replaced with the LUK, putting the old and new parts side by side, you couldn't tell the difference, except of course for the wear on the disk.

The Luk is not up to OEM standards. If you drive aggressive, have a modded car there is a difference. I was always told by very knowledgeable people that they don't care much for LUK. I had my car which was just replaced with an OE clutch (my daily, my other TL has OEM with 6 puck) and a customers with LUK, since then I was able to tell the differences. I would never put a 6 puck in a daily ever again, man traffic aggregates me with it.

DAIKIN makes many OE clutches for Japanese vehicles.

1fstTL 12-08-2014 01:24 PM

my local dealer (tax exempt) get a pretty good deal and shipping's free

UBERTL 12-08-2014 03:42 PM

hondapartsunlimited.com

NBP04TL4ME 12-09-2014 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by 1fstTL (Post 15261891)
my local dealer (tax exempt) get a pretty good deal and shipping's free

Who is "your local dealer?"

1fstTL 12-10-2014 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME (Post 15262754)
Who is "your local dealer?"

Rallye Acura in Roslyn NY, where I bought my car new in 2007.

Oh Sickest TL 12-10-2014 11:34 AM

Delray has some pretty sweet prices!

Excelerate 12-10-2014 03:44 PM

I buy all my performance parts though myself. :)

http://store.excelerateperformance.com/

paperboy42190 12-10-2014 03:59 PM

autozone.com

DMZ 12-11-2014 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by AckTL05 (Post 15261250)
The Luk is not up to OEM standards. If you drive aggressive, have a modded car there is a difference. I was always told by very knowledgeable people that they don't care much for LUK. I had my car which was just replaced with an OE clutch (my daily, my other TL has OEM with 6 puck) and a customers with LUK, since then I was able to tell the differences. I would never put a 6 puck in a daily ever again, man traffic aggregates me with it.

I don't drive like a lunatic nor am I modded.

robocam 12-13-2014 02:00 AM

I had my dealer put in an OEM Honda clutch/flywheel, and it was terrible. It felt slippery, nothing like the stock clutch. I thought it would get better in time, but it never did (even after ~50% wear as noted by an independent shop). It annoyed me so much I almost did the check valve delete.

When I had my transmission rebuilt at an independent shop, they said the Luk was just as good as OEM (or was OEM, I don't recall what they said exactly), and when I tried it out, it was so much better than the Honda unit. It grabbed so much harder.

I should have gone to the independent shop in the first place. Who knows. Maybe the Honda clutch was defective. I'll never know. What I do know is that it probably would have driven me crazy the number of times I'd have to take it back to the dealer before they'd do anything about it.

For me (and because of what happened) I will never ask for an OEM clutch again. If you're racing, wouldn't you buy a more specialized clutch anyway?

Originally Posted by AckTL05 (Post 15261250)

AckTL05 12-17-2014 04:46 AM

Im not sure what happened there, did they change the throw out bearing and resurface the flywheel or replace the flywheel? Did the second shop show you the clutch to even prove they replaced it well or right in the first place? it just doesn't sound right because any clutch being new should grab per say.

One thing to think about, if luk and oem are on in the same and you had trouble at the dealer, chances are they did something wrong..

robocam 12-18-2014 01:55 AM

For the 1st clutch replacement, the dealer replaced the flywheel, throwout bearing, and clutch. I asked for the old parts back.

For the 2nd clutch replacement, the independent shop replaced the clutch and flywheel.

Why are you asking if the second shop proved what they did? The second shop is the one that installed the Luk clutch, the one that grabbed significantly harder. Or are you asking if the second shop showed me that the dealer replaced the clutch? When I needed the first clutch replacement, the symptom was that the clutch pedal would not disengage the clutch, so they had to have replaced it (and they gave me my old parts back as requested). One thing I immediately noticed after I got my car back was that the clutch pedal was super easy to press. They (the dealer) told me it was normal.

You may very well be correct that something went wrong with the first clutch replacement, but it shouldn't have happened. Either Honda made a defective product, or the dealer messed up installing it, but I took it to the dealer to avoid these types of problems. The dealer also should have known that something was not right about the new clutch.

The bright side to all this is that now I've found a reputable, experienced independent transmission shop that I can trust.

Originally Posted by AckTL05 (Post 15271987)
Im not sure what happened there, did they change the throw out bearing and resurface the flywheel or replace the flywheel? Did the second shop show you the clutch to even prove they replaced it well or right in the first place? it just doesn't sound right because any clutch being new should grab per say.

One thing to think about, if luk and oem are on in the same and you had trouble at the dealer, chances are they did something wrong..

Steven Bell 12-18-2014 08:58 PM

I buy mine stuff from Pepe.

AckTL05 12-18-2014 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by robocam (Post 15273145)
For the 1st clutch replacement, the dealer replaced the flywheel, throwout bearing, and clutch. I asked for the old parts back.

For the 2nd clutch replacement, the independent shop replaced the clutch and flywheel.

Why are you asking if the second shop proved what they did? The second shop is the one that installed the Luk clutch, the one that grabbed significantly harder. Or are you asking if the second shop showed me that the dealer replaced the clutch? When I needed the first clutch replacement, the symptom was that the clutch pedal would not disengage the clutch, so they had to have replaced it (and they gave me my old parts back as requested). One thing I immediately noticed after I got my car back was that the clutch pedal was super easy to press. They (the dealer) told me it was normal.

You may very well be correct that something went wrong with the first clutch replacement, but it shouldn't have happened. Either Honda made a defective product, or the dealer messed up installing it, but I took it to the dealer to avoid these types of problems. The dealer also should have known that something was not right about the new clutch.

The bright side to all this is that now I've found a reputable, experienced independent transmission shop that I can trust.

I was just wondering if the second shop showed or saw what was wrong with the first set up. Its just odd that happened and was wondering if honda messed up or was defective.