Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When it rains, it shines..

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 10:49 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When it rains, it shines..

...Zaino that is. We had some serious downpour here in Phoenix Friday and this weekend so today my wife asks me when I got away to wash my car and thinks I was an idiot for doing so since more is forecast next week(she thinks I spend way too much time cleaning this car). Then I explained to her that I hadn't. My car was being washed by the rain all day Friday at work and the amazing thing is that except for a few water spots on the rear bumper, there were no water spots on my car at all and the layer of dust on it from last week was completely gone. I squirted a little Z6 on the rear bumper and the front doors and the thing looks like it was just waxed. BTW, I just put my fourth Z2 coat on last weekend and it gets easier everytime.

Please remember that I was the guy skeptical of Zaino a month or two ago. These are my observations:
Zaino Z2 is about the same as Meguiar's gold class for shine.
Z6 added to Z2 blows the gold class away.
Z6 added to the gold class blows the gold class away.
The Zaino system seems to maintain the just waxed look much better than the gold class ever did. I have not used the new Meguiars stuff.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:57 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Amen!
Old 04-04-2004, 11:42 PM
Team Anthracite President

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
You are Grasshopper...

Mike Smeezy,
Black Belt Zaino Master
Old 04-04-2004, 11:43 PM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow ... I just got one layer of Zaino on last weekend, and my car looked like total cr*p after Thursday's rain. All I saw was brown spots left over from the raining mud on Thursday (Yes, it rains mud in Phoenix every now and then). I was expecting dry weather for the week so that I could apply a second coat of Zaino, but it wasn't to be.

Well, Friday's downpour helped clear most of the dried mud off, but the car still looked pretty lousy.

Then, to top it off, I took my car in to the Acura dealership for it's first repair (very minor) on Saturday. Being the nice guys that they are, they cleaned my car.

Normally, most people would like that, but I wasn't happy - I wonder if they ended up removing my only coat of Zaino when the cleaned the car? Is there any way to tell? Am I back to square zero for my Zaino? Are four hours of work literally down the drain?

BTW, Swat Dude, I got about 1.5" at my house from Friday's storm - almost half of this year's rainfall in less than 24 hours.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:51 PM

Spray water on your car? Does it bead, if so you still got Zaino. If not just apply a coat of Z-2 and all is well again.

I'm listening, I always hear your polishing prayers.

Zaino God
Old 04-05-2004, 07:32 AM
Advanced

Zaino Master.....

You are absolutely cracking me up.

Please hear my prayers. :lol2:
Old 04-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Andrenaline Junkie

Originally Posted by ¿GotJazz?
Wow ... I just got one layer of Zaino on last weekend, and my car looked like total cr*p after Thursday's rain. All I saw was brown spots left over from the raining mud on Thursday (Yes, it rains mud in Phoenix every now and then). I was expecting dry weather for the week so that I could apply a second coat of Zaino, but it wasn't to be.

Well, Friday's downpour helped clear most of the dried mud off, but the car still looked pretty lousy.

Then, to top it off, I took my car in to the Acura dealership for it's first repair (very minor) on Saturday. Being the nice guys that they are, they cleaned my car.

Normally, most people would like that, but I wasn't happy - I wonder if they ended up removing my only coat of Zaino when the cleaned the car? Is there any way to tell? Am I back to square zero for my Zaino? Are four hours of work literally down the drain?

BTW, Swat Dude, I got about 1.5" at my house from Friday's storm - almost half of this year's rainfall in less than 24 hours.
My car was out all day Friday in that massive downpour around I-17 and Peoria. It was still wet when I immediately got on the freeway with it raining no more and drove 75-80 mph. I think the fact that the Zaino repels water so darn good just shed it all off and left the nice Zaino finish. I have 4 coats of Zaino on my car and I always use Z6 after washing it so I'm not sure if that makes the difference or not.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:41 PM
NBP - Public Relations

Since I am new to Zaino I was wondering if some of you more experienced Zaino Gods could help me. Is this the proper procedure with applying?

I wash my car and even use a clay bar on it.
Apply coat of Zaino (Z-2), dry
Apply second coat? Then dry?

Then use Z6?

Then how often do i reapply Z-2? every week? do i have to wash down car again?
Old 04-05-2004, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by MSF2
Zaino Master.....

You are absolutely cracking me up.

Please hear my prayers. :lol2:
Thank you for your confession. In addtion to 3 Hail Marys': Apply 2 additional coats of Z-2, followed by one application of Z-6!

Comeratis, Numcadous, Duderamus!

Zaino God
Old 04-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Originally Posted by MikeyK
Since I am new to Zaino I was wondering if some of you more experienced Zaino Gods could help me. Is this the proper procedure with applying?

I wash my car and even use a clay bar on it.
Apply coat of Zaino (Z-2), dry
Apply second coat? Then dry?

Then use Z6?

Then how often do i reapply Z-2? every week? do i have to wash down car again?
You don't have to use Z2 every week. I think after about 4 or 5 coats you will see only incremental improvements. You should use the Z2 twice a year.

The claybar and dawn are optional but would give any polymer finish a good base to start with. The website gives step by step instructions on how to apply it but you absolutely need the following products if you want to do it right: claybar, Dawn Dishwashig Detergent, Z7 car wash, Z1, Z2, and Z6.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...de=APPLICATION

I thought the ZFX was just top pricey and seems like a little bit of a gimmick. I went with the Z-1 instead but you must use either Z1 or ZFX with the Z2.
Old 04-05-2004, 02:33 PM
NBP - Public Relations

So I'll need to put Z-1 on first? then coat with Z-2? I probably wont get that ZFX stuff, i agree with you on that point. Also, when re-applying Z-2, do i need to wash car or just go ahead an apply?

Thanks for your help!
Old 04-05-2004, 02:40 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

So I'll need to put Z-1 on first? then coat with Z-2? I probably wont get that ZFX stuff, i agree with you on that point. Also, when re-applying Z-2, do i need to wash car or just go ahead an apply?

Thanks for your help!
Use the Z1 before the first time you apply the Z2. Then you can apply Z2 anytime but you should wash your car prior to applying it to avoid swirl marks. You should only need to claybar and Dawn your car once a year unless you live by a railroad track or industrial plant that puts out a lot of air-borne garbage. You can apply the Z6 anytime for a touch up and I recommend cutting the Z6 with one part distilled water and one part Z6. It makes it go much further and doesn't impact performance. The Z6 also works great on windows!!!

One more tip, before you order off their web-site you might want to find out if there is a distributor in your area. Mr. Zaino gave me the name of a guy in Phoenix and I didn't have to pay shipping or wait for my stuff to arrive. I just went to his house and bought it.
Old 04-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Thanks for your help!
Sorry, I just read this again and think I understand what you are asking. If you reapply the same day you don't need to wash. There is a certain amount of cure time but I think in hot, dry weather you should be able to put on about 3 coats over a weekend if you leave your car garaged.
Old 04-05-2004, 02:49 PM
NBP - Public Relations

Thanks for the help - I'll wait till it gets a little warmer and then make my TL shine so that people will need sunglasses to look at my car!