Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What should I do?

Here is the deal. I have had my car for 4 weeks now (500 miles). I have had to have my driver side passenger door repainted because the dealer scratched it when they put the a-spec body kit on. I just washed my car today and I found what looked like a greasy spot on the passenger fender. After washing the car the spot was still there. When I looked closer it was a smeared hand print. The spot is very rough and it looks like there is no clear coat. I spoke with my dad and he said it was probably someone with acetone or alcohol on there hands...i.e. the body kit installer, because that’s what they use to clean the bumpers to install the 2 sided tape. Is there anyway I can push to get a new car? What can I do to? That's just sick; to paint a brand spanking new car 2 times because the dealer f'ed up.... Right now I dont want the damn thing. Im thinking I should have bought the Dodge Magnum RT. WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?
Old 08-22-2004, 08:05 PM
Instructor

First, calm down Or at least try to fake calm when you go into the dealership to have this problem taken care of.

If it was acetone, is it possible its just the wax job that's messed up? They might be able to fix this up very quickly.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:23 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BIGFISH
Here is the deal. I have had my car for 4 weeks now (500 miles). I have had to have my driver side passenger door repainted because the dealer scratched it when they put the a-spec body kit on. I just washed my car today and I found what looked like a greasy spot on the passenger fender. After washing the car the spot was still there. When I looked closer it was a smeared hand print. The spot is very rough and it looks like there is no clear coat. I spoke with my dad and he said it was probably someone with acetone or alcohol on there hands...i.e. the body kit installer, because that’s what they use to clean the bumpers to install the 2 sided tape. Is there anyway I can push to get a new car? What can I do to? That's just sick; to paint a brand spanking new car 2 times because the dealer f'ed up.... Right now I dont want the damn thing. Im thinking I should have bought the Dodge Magnum RT. WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?
I truly despise having someone besides myself work on my cars... After being a dealer mechanic for over 8 years (many years ago..) I know good / competent mechanics and technicians are hard to find. Now days I'm sure it's even tougher.
Sorry about your issues... I would head straight back to your dealer and point out the hand print. Hopefully they will take care of you with a very apologetic attitude. How did they do on the drivers rear door? If it looks/matches good, I'm sure your fender will look the same. Best of luck.

Keep us posted
Old 08-22-2004, 09:07 PM
Racer

they will not give you a new car
Old 08-22-2004, 10:29 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by gochan
they will not give you a new car
maybe if you ask nicely...seriously its messed up that they f'ed up your car but if they are decent people they should live up to it and fix it for you. its just paint for the most part and not something serious. take it back to them and show them the mistake and make sure they get it right this time.