3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What price should I list this non moving Acura for?

Search this Thread

Old Today, 11:24 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What price should I list this non moving Acura for?

Based on the info. below, what realistic price should I list this for? It needs to go.

I have a silver Acura 200 5TL with NAV The interior is black, I’m in West San Jose, CA we have had it since new. It was a daily driver until last week. It’s a CA car and rust is nowhere to be found. It has crossed more than 310k miles and still ran well. The mechanic says the transmission needs rebuilding. We rebuilt the transmission at 230k. Within the last year, I had the shocks, struts and a drive shaft, replaced, the front windshield replaced, and the bank 2 catalyst replaced. Mechanically, I have babied this car, but now its time to let it go. Even if I replace the transmission, the timing belt and water pump and spark plugs will need to be replaced anytime soon. All four tires are good. We have rubber Acur

a floor mats. The black carpet mats are still new. It has a plastic bin in the truck. The NAV stopped working. I added a BT gizmo to the car. That was not cheap.

The paint has had it, the car was involved in a few accidents, but repaired with Acura hood, fenders.

The dash and seats have the typical Acura TL cracks. are cracked

This past month it was rear ended. The bike rack on the trunk lid, but a few dents in the lid. It still closes.

The engine is still strong, but the car won't shift out of 1st gear. After a few seconds, it automatically shifts into N. If you switch the car off and back on, the transmission seems to reset. I was able to drive it to the mechanic this way.

The car will need to be towed.

I’m not going to recoup any money but would like to sell it as is. How much should I realistically list it for on Facebook market place?
Roy

Old Today, 04:20 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by sujitroy
Based on the info. below, what realistic price should I list this for? It needs to go.

I have a silver Acura 200 5TL with NAV The interior is black, I’m in West San Jose, CA we have had it since new. It was a daily driver until last week. It’s a CA car and rust is nowhere to be found. It has crossed more than 310k miles and still ran well. The mechanic says the transmission needs rebuilding. We rebuilt the transmission at 230k. Within the last year, I had the shocks, struts and a drive shaft, replaced, the front windshield replaced, and the bank 2 catalyst replaced. Mechanically, I have babied this car, but now its time to let it go. Even if I replace the transmission, the timing belt and water pump and spark plugs will need to be replaced anytime soon. All four tires are good. We have rubber Acur

a floor mats. The black carpet mats are still new. It has a plastic bin in the truck. The NAV stopped working. I added a BT gizmo to the car. That was not cheap.

The paint has had it, the car was involved in a few accidents, but repaired with Acura hood, fenders.

The dash and seats have the typical Acura TL cracks. are cracked

This past month it was rear ended. The bike rack on the trunk lid, but a few dents in the lid. It still closes.

The engine is still strong, but the car won't shift out of 1st gear. After a few seconds, it automatically shifts into N. If you switch the car off and back on, the transmission seems to reset. I was able to drive it to the mechanic this way.

The car will need to be towed.

I’m not going to recoup any money but would like to sell it as is. How much should I realistically list it for on Facebook market place?
Roy
probably $500
Old Today, 06:00 PM
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts
You can apply for the California vehicle retirement program for $1000 if you meet their eligibility requirements. However, it does take a couple of weeks, maybe months, to get it approved.

https://www.bar.ca.gov/cap/retiremen...1000-incentive