Sponsored by:

What an Outrage...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 04:42 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry What an Outrage...

DAMN DEALERS...

I had put a deposit down in the begining of December on a 2004 TL Anthracite/Ebony/Navi/5AT with aero-kit, decklid spoiler, & bsm. I had negotiated $1,000 off MSRP.

Last week the dealer finally called me to tell me the car's vin# and to tell me it was on the way to LA. Well he called me this morning and told me the car was at the dealership but that this car was way too popular and could be sold at sticker price. I told him it wasn't my problem and that I had put a deposit down and now that the car was in I should get the price we had negotiated about and that it was bad business to do otherwise, I told him not to talk to me anymore and i would only talk to a Manager (namely the one I had made the deal with). So I hung up on him.

Half an hour later he called me apologizing saying the deal would go back to $1,000 off and that it wasn't his idea to change the price. I told him that if he wanted my business I didn't want to deal with anymore BS.

Anyways I'm suppose to go in tonite to buy the car......damn dirty dealers thou trying to squeeze extra cash outta me (yeah right).

Thank God the wait SEEMS to be over. :ar15:
Old 01-13-2004, 05:23 PM
FvCK KNvCKLE

I kind of had the same thing happen. I went to the dealer I got my 01 CL-S from. We made a deal after a couple of phone calls, and one visit and test drive, and everything was all set. When it came time to give them my deposit. She excused herself to finalise the paperwork with the BM (Business Manager, although it could stand for Bowel Movement here.) She came back and told me she had made a mistake is her calculations. They raised my downpayment $800 to make up for the "mistake." I left just PISSED off, and let her and the BM know it. After I slept on it, I thought there is no way I'm letting them get away with that. No matter how much I want the car, and I REALLY wanted it. Although my car was not due to come in for 6 weeks or so at that time. I called the next day and canceled the deal. They were very content (at that time) to lose the sale. She said she would send my check out in the mail ASAP (it hadn't gone to the bank yet), before I even asked.

The next morning I got on the phone, and made the original deal with another dealer. I told them what happened at the other place, and advised them not to waste my time if they planned on pulling the same "bait and switch" stunt. I also mentioned a call to the State's Attorney General and the BBB. The new dealer assured me that the numbers would stay put. So I got my car from dealer 2. Plus... They got my 01 CL-S (lease turn in), which was meticulously cared for, not a single ding, and had 35% tint, for their used car lot.

3 or 4 weeks after I got my car. Dealer 1 had sent a really nice sales package, and a handwritten letter from the salesperson, with a little side note from the BM, promissing a great deal, and asking me to come in, "they would take care of my needs."

I decided to drive down there with my new TL. I took up about 30 minutes of their time, cost the salesperson an "up" and then, making her think we were going to have a relationship again. She walked me to my car. At which time I told her that I really didn't think I would be needing 2 04 TLs. The look on her face was worth my time.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:32 PM
Instructor

Wow what a come back.....talk about sweet revenge. I like your style. And to tell you the truth if they would of really pulled the "bait and switch" on me I would of been more than happy to tell the sales manager & sales man what I thought of them and their dealership and walk out on their crappy business dealings.

Anyways thank God they went back to the original deal, hopefully I won't have anymore BS to deal with when I get their.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:36 PM
Instructor

Rock Dog,

That was a great tactic!
Go back on a different shift and do it again!!!!

Ha ha ha

Psychological Op's--got to love it...
NathanSilver
Old 01-13-2004, 05:38 PM
Pro

I was talking to someone here at work about car dealerships. His story is even better than mine, so I will tell his.

He was at a dealer talking to the sales dude after taking a test drive. He has one of those Compaq personal computers and had it out to do some calculations. Well, it has a RECORD feature, so he decided to record what the sales dude said. He repeated the price that the sales dude had quoted and said it was the car we just drove and included all fees. He agreed to the price. Well, when the business manager came around, they tried to put on a few thousand dollars of extras saying that it was not part of the original price. Well, they were surprised when he replayed the conversation!!! :wow:

Aint technology grand...
Old 01-13-2004, 05:46 PM
Instructor

It wouldn't hold up in a California court--but it sounds great!

NathanSilver
Old 01-13-2004, 06:45 PM
Instructor

LOLOLOLOL......i love our technological advancements.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Rock Dog
I decided to drive down there with my new TL. I took up about 30 minutes of their time, cost the salesperson an "up" and then, making her think we were going to have a relationship again. She walked me to my car. At which time I told her that I really didn't think I would be needing 2 04 TLs. The look on her face was worth my time.
Good for you dude. Sweet revenge. I'm kinda elated to read this story. What were the salesholes comments after she saw your new TL? Kiss my ass biatch! Right?!?
Old 01-13-2004, 08:54 PM
Instructor

SalesHoles!

That is frikin hilarious!
NathanSilver

*2004_Acura-TL_Anthracite_Ebony_6MT_Navi_Z600_T-Mobile
*1973_Black_Norton_850_Commando
*2002_Blue/Silver_Schwinn_Aluminum_Strand-Cruiser_7Speed-Internal-Nexus-Hub
*1967_2_Feet(2 left feet)
Old 01-13-2004, 11:08 PM
Moderator Alumnus