AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   what interest rate are members paying on their loans? (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/what-interest-rate-members-paying-their-loans-548778/)

TBone2004 04-21-2004 11:44 AM

Nope. Dealer was dancing around me with all sorts of rates, but would not come lower or close enough to Capital One rate. Its another part of the process that they rape people.

Originally Posted by xpditor42
The rate is set by the financial institution and it is based on your personal profile. They put a lot of weight on a "Beacon Score" (credit). This takes a lot of factors into consideration. Think of it as a computer statistical analysis of everyone who has financed anything, considering such obscure facts such as your marital status, the type of car, your education, - etc. It's all valid business factors in deciding how you predict this person is likely to be problem free. Then, you give the best rates to whom you feel are the best trouble-free profiles.

Credit Bureaus will give you a copy of your report and your Beacon Score for a few bucks if you contact them online. One is www.experian.com. There are three main ones and each of them will sell you a package of all three reports. They also tell you WHY your score is what it is and what you can do to improve it.

I think the top is 800. They look favorably on anything over 650 (I have heard). In many cases, financing is approved by a computer in a matter of seconds and the rate is based on said Beacon Score.

yzfrebel 04-21-2004 02:43 PM

I got 3.9 on a 39 month lease. Not sure what money factor that works out to, But I think I will keep looking for a better rate if the post I am seeing here are ture. 2.79 for 60 months WOW.

cblackburn 04-22-2004 09:11 AM

I got a home equilty line of credit for 'Prime + 0%'. Prime is currently 4%. Considering the line of credit is tax deductable, that effectively makes my interest rate about 3%.

However, soon after I got the car, I transfered the entire loan over to my 0% mastercard. I'm going to pay off as much as I can on the Mastercard until Feb2005 (that's when the 0% runs out).

Come Feb2005, I will transfer whatever is left back over to my Prime + 0% line of credit.

I dig playing the numbers game. All in all, I bet I will only save about $200 in interest tho, heheh.

eaRL 04-22-2004 05:21 PM

Those are MY few cents.

Originally Posted by TBone2004
wow, in NJ they were way higher than that - then the day of the deal, they tried to come close to the rate I got online, but were still higher - 3.59. The guy tells me, oh, its only a few cents more - yeah, exactly knucklehead - so why don't you at least match my quote! Odd, because for my '02, they matched with no questions asked. Is it dealer discretion or something?

Then it shouldn't be that hard for him to eat those trivial "few cents" and match the rate.

TimC 04-22-2004 06:50 PM

got a line of credit 2.99% against the house, write off the interest

bustedbyu 04-22-2004 07:15 PM

what loan... didn't u pay cash?

lakeman 04-22-2004 09:10 PM

Started at 4.25 for 60 months with my CU. Dealer beat this with a 3.95. I went with this rate in December, but my CU came out with a special in January of 3.25 for 60 mo. Refi-ed with them and saved a little more. (I made sure on the bank loan that there were not any prepayment penalties or other "gotyas" so I could refi if I found a better rate.)

mattldm 04-22-2004 09:46 PM

2.9% anytime soon?

Hey guys,

whats the chance that Acura will offer 2.9% again in july or august - at the end of the model year?

I am looking to buy a 6spd, summer tires, non-nav

endy 04-23-2004 07:37 AM

My credit rating has taken a 100 point beating in the last 9 months from buyin a house, two other cars, moving and credit checks for utilities, trying to buy another house that fell through at the last momoment. My credit union was going to give me 5.25% :nono: What a joke.

Acura finance guy got me 3.25% with any time period upto 60 months with pretty much any amount financed. I told him I would just use my HELOC to buy the car since interest rate was deductible and the flexibility to pay it off fast or pay less per month since it would be based on 15years.

I put a lot down so he didn't make as much and wasn't to happy. I guess I could have got it lower but I am happy enough.