Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what to get

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 09:04 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what to get

Hey guys, I have been reading the forum for awhile and have really narrowed my search down.

I am currently leasing a 2002CLK55 and that lease is up in 1 month. I have decided to go with either the 05 G35 or 05TL. I was probally leaning a little toward the 05 G35 because of the extra horse power and rumored interior changes. However, I heard that they will not be available in manual until December.

Since the 05TL I hear will be available in about 1 month I will probally go with the TL. My only complaint on the car is that I would like to see a little more hp/torque and rwd or awd instead of fwd.

My question is should I go with the manual or auto? my first 2 cars were manual and my benz is auto. I like the ease of auto but manual is much more fun and obviously gives you more control. It just really sucks in traffic. Since there is no hp benefit or performance added by going manual... should I?

I know it is a personal preference but what do you guys think? I live on Long Island and we have a lot of traffic. Is the ease of auto worth loosing a the control over a car you get with a manual?
Old 08-06-2004, 09:11 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Live in Chicago fo past 16 years.

Acura Integra->1997 BMW M3->2000 BMW M5->2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo->2004 Acura TL A-Spec.

All manual except for Porsche C-TT. Loved the Cayenne Turbo, hated the auto trans. Had to give up Cayenne TT for financial reasons.

Acura TL not in league of Bimmers or Porsche, BUT it's fun to drive again because of the manual.

In short, for me, never auto again. Even less potent cars are funner to drive if they have a manual tranny, IMHO.

Good luck
Old 08-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keeping in mind that I've never owned a stick car, I wouldn't consider one which would be a daily driver.

I live on Long Island too (East Farmingdale), and couldn't imagine driving a manual transmission car in the constant stop-and-go traffic. I'm not rally racing, so I don't need the extra control a manual transmission provides. The Sport Shift works quite nicely for more aggressive driving.

Good luck!