Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do?

So I take my 06 TL into the dealer(Rallye) to replace the power steering hose and fix my blue tooth that has been on the fritz for the last 2 months. They also did a 30K B service (total rip off).

I get a call saying that someone has "hacked" into a power line for the bluetooth and they cannot warranty the part. I tell them I haven't had any work done inside the vehicle and the only work that was done was to repair a rim. They will not fix anything saying that the wire was opened up and someone tried to run power from the line. I ask them repeatedly, what would/can be powered off that line. No answers.

Now the problem I have is my bluetooth doesn't work and someone possibly got into the wiring to do something. None of the parts are missing or were replaced. The only thing that was touched was the wire. I never had anything installed on the car aftermarket except tail lights. The only time the car was out of my possession was to repair the rim for about 1 week. But now the question is why would anyone run power off my bluetooth? Were they experimenting or is this something that happened at the dealer before I purchased the car or this time around?

Any thoughts or comments would be helpful. I'm thinking about writing a letter to Acura, but I'm not sure what that would do considering that I have no proof of anything and the wire is indeed spliced.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:13 AM
KICKED IN THE BALLS

I would write a letter to corporate. Take some pictures of what they are talking about. Did they show you where the wire was at?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you owned the car since new or is it a Certified car. Because in either case if you didn't go into the wiring, they should fix the problem for you and cover it. If you bought the car as a CPO they absolutely need to fix. If they refuse, get corporate on the line.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Instructor

They showed me where the wires were. They're located behind the sunroof/moonroof controls. You have to dismantle the entire casing to get to the wires.

I purchased the vehicle new. They're issue is that it appears that someone worked on the line, me, doing some modification to the car and messed it up. The repair is actually a pretty big one. They have to remove the entire set of wires running along the frame of the vehicle...6 hours labor.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^Try a different dealer....you never know, Island Acura has a very good Service dept.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Couldn't hurt to get a 2nd opinion. Good luck........
Old 07-28-2009, 12:54 PM
j1n
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
take it to another dealer. if that doesnt work then take it up with corporate.