3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you pay for your TL in North Florida?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 10:32 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did you pay for your TL in North Florida?

Happy Fourth everyone!

What are the going prices for 6spd/Navi in and around Jacksonville, FL? Hoping to gain some intel here from folks that have had experiences with either Acura of Orange Park or Duval Acura.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

tia, jdinjax
Old 07-05-2004, 12:15 AM
isr
Advanced

go to duval acura. i know alot of the guys there. thats were i bought my 02 type s.
let me know when your getting close to buying. i'll give you one of the guys cell #.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:08 AM
Advanced

2004TL/ AT w/NAVI

Bought mine at Duval. Orange Park had first crack at the sale but did not make the right deal with me. I bought my 2002 TLS from them. I must say that Duval treated me much better from the day of the sale forward. I paid $32,700 including destination fees. Good Luck.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:40 AM
3rd Gear

jpeart0,
Did you pay 32,700 for your 02 or the new 04? Thank you!
Old 07-05-2004, 09:20 AM
1st Gear

I would not waste my time with Duval Acura. I would talk to Pierce at Orange Park Acura . he will work a great deal for you.

I bought my 04 ABP TL with Navi 5AT for about 500 over invoice and the deal was easy no haggling.

Good Luck
Old 07-05-2004, 09:25 AM
Cruisin'

I second that. I gave Duval the 2 chances and they kept "nickel and diming" me with BS fees. I faxed Acura of Orange Park a breakdown of what I wanted and what I would pay and Pierce called me a asked me to come in and work the deal. I got a 04TL AT w/ Navi for $300 over incvoice. It was at the end of the month also.

There is a reason that Acura of Orange Park outsells Duval Acura month in and month out.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:03 AM
Instructor

I bought from Duval. My combination was very hard to find but they pulled it through with a little urging. For some reason I didn't trust OP (too hard sell).

Either way, don’t expect to get this kind of deal any time soon. AM/Quartz/6 speed/NAVI @ 34K OTD. They also threw in a trunk tray and HD mats to appease my frustration.

Since the sale I’ve added Road Block (front and rear), splash guards and FOB protectors.

So far my 800 mile car is sweet, quiet and vibration less. I also am getting over 24mpg where my old 92 Accord EX got 22-23.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:56 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks for everyones feed back.....I guess the best approach is to let them contend for my business. So tell me, how does everyone like the TL. I am stepping out of a STi, (I know, different level of performance all together) to something a little less bone jarring. Don't get me wrong, the STi is an incredible machine. Just a little too "race" oriented sometimes. I want something that is fun to drive, but has the creature comforts. Is this the right move?
Old 07-05-2004, 03:01 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just picked my TL up on Saturday (July 3rd) from Acura of Orange Park. I dealt with Alex, the Internet Manager. I drove up from Orlando because all the dealers close to me couldn't beat the OTD price AOP hooked me up with (plus the "Courtesy" Acura tried to see how deep my colon would go on the price...)

It was worth the wait for the car to be built and delivered, and it was worth the drive to AOP (they did offer to deliver it, but I wanted to make the trip so I could break-in my new wheels).
Old 07-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jdinjax
Thanks for everyones feed back.....I guess the best approach is to let them contend for my business. So tell me, how does everyone like the TL. I am stepping out of a STi, (I know, different level of performance all together) to something a little less bone jarring. Don't get me wrong, the STi is an incredible machine. Just a little too "race" oriented sometimes. I want something that is fun to drive, but has the creature comforts. Is this the right move?
Yup, go for it. Reasons being are exceptional; interior and exterior looks, standard equipment, quality, comfort, safety, economy, reliability, resale value, pride of ownership, etc.
Old 07-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't forget the fact you will be contributing to our economy, especially since most of the car is manufactured in the U.S., including the final build.

Some people think it is stupid, but I wanted a well-built car, made in America, so I went with Acura. While I shopped for cars, I noticed a lot of the "quality" cars by "American" auto makers were actually built in Mexico, Canada, or else where. Most of the American made stuff was not acceptable to me.

I was trying to avoid "muscle" cars anyway, but the fact the new GTO was made in Australia really put me off to it. Nothing against the Aussies, but I've made a choice to try to keep my money in the family so to speak.

Through my employer, I have access to discount plans for Ford, Daimler-Chrysler, and GM (usually 5-10% over their employee plans). I could have gone for a Volvo, Mazda, or Saab, or any number of other cars these manufacturers make. I still chose to for go the discounts and pay for the TL.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:43 AM
Advanced

04tl

Originally Posted by jdinjax
jpeart0,
Did you pay 32,700 for your 02 or the new 04? Thank you!

I paid 32,700 for the 04TL
Old 07-13-2004, 08:06 AM
isr
Advanced

yeah the tl's are def. fun to drive and very comfortable. i only had my turbo jetta for 5 months. It wasnt comfortable to drive everyday.
if you get an 00-03 tl-s it will feel like a heavier car and shift a little slower then the 04.

the 04 tl feels very very light when driving. I had one this past weeked while my car was being worked on..
good thing is if you do get an older tl 00-03 tls...... if your tranny goes out, then will replace it with the newer 04 faster shifting tranny.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:02 AM
Instructor

I purchase my 04 TL with Navi from Duval Acura in Jacksonville about 4 weeks ago for $32,999. I got them to throw in the wheel locks, truck tray, mud guards @ 3.5% interest rate....

Talk with Ken Heather ... Awesome experience!!!! My 3rd acura from them ... definitely worth the drive...

AVOID Courtsey Acura in Longwood, FL!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Advanced

I highly recommend Duval Acura. I deal with Anthony Lewis and Kevin (finance mgr) over there. This is my second purchase. I'm trading in my 02 MDX w/navi and getting the 04 TL BLK/BLK w/navi. I don't really want to tell my figures as i think i've gotten the absoutle best deal ever. They have so treated me right over there. This is not the same finance manger as the first time but i am so happy with my new car. Now they are just locating my combo for me so i can take delivery. Hope you give them a call 904-725-8000. BTW i'm in SE Georgia.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:17 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Originally Posted by tammy
I highly recommend Duval Acura. I deal with Anthony Lewis and Kevin (finance mgr) over there. This is my second purchase. I'm trading in my 02 MDX w/navi and getting the 04 TL BLK/BLK w/navi. I don't really want to tell my figures as i think i've gotten the absoutle best deal ever. They have so treated me right over there. This is not the same finance manger as the first time but i am so happy with my new car. Now they are just locating my combo for me so i can take delivery. Hope you give them a call 904-725-8000. BTW i'm in SE Georgia.
I understand yo uwanting to keep the final numbers confidential. But could you tell us what they are giving you for your o2 MDX? My wife wants one and I think the dealerships around here are crazy for the $'s they are asking for them. And did yours have navigation on it? Thanks
Old 07-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Advanced

So what comes standard...

Hey guys, i was reading everyone's posts of how they got there TL and for how much and also the dealership throwing in mud guards, wheel locks, trunk tray, etc... And i was sitting here wondering, i thought all that stuff came free with the car? I remember going to my Acura dealer (Leith and Performance) and they were telling me that it was all part of the deal. It's some kind of package.

So what's the deal with this? I mean i saw the trunk tray in the trunk when the guy was showing me the car. Could someone help me to figure this out? Thanks
Old 07-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by PossibleTL
Hey guys, i was reading everyone's posts of how they got there TL and for how much and also the dealership throwing in mud guards, wheel locks, trunk tray, etc... And i was sitting here wondering, i thought all that stuff came free with the car? I remember going to my Acura dealer (Leith and Performance) and they were telling me that it was all part of the deal. It's some kind of package.

So what's the deal with this? I mean i saw the trunk tray in the trunk when the guy was showing me the car. Could someone help me to figure this out? Thanks
When they say it is all part of the deal, and it is a package, this means that they are charging you about $700 for $200-300 worth of accessories. Usually, they will have a little sticker next to the MSRP sticker which lists the add-ons, and gives the total price.

Don't get stuck like this. Some dealers truly throw in the accessories, but then there is no additional charge, and others will just charge you for the accessories without a huge mark-up.

Either way, try and get the best deal you can get. It depends on where you are, and what color and options you want, but read up on some of the threads here about what people paid and you should get a good idea how to negotiate a better price.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:08 AM
Advanced

nadbunka,
I am going into a lease and there was not even a trunk tray to haggle about when my deal was sealed. I had to BEG for a nice A lincense plate.LOL I got the car at invoice and i do mean on the dollar not a few hundered over. They first come in a 27,200 and 600 over over invoice the final tally was total invoice and 28,200 on my trade. My MDX is black on black with navi and 31,500 miles on it. THese people have the best service dept around. I have been in twice and both with maintance related things the first time my advisor Shannon put me in a 04 TSX christmas time last year about a month ago i was in and wanted the shims put in the brakes and a few other things they gave me an 04 TL to drive! I don't know how it works in your hometown but my little hometown your lucky to get them to drive you back to work or to a mall. LOL I think i got a great deal and could'nt be more happy. I'm a returning customer and i think that meant something to them. I got my mdx at 500 over invoice with a trade in on my 00 honda odsessy which had a lease balance of right at 18,000 which they allowed me 21,000 on so i came into the X with great numbers then too but i think this deal is even sweeter. Orange Parks first stab was 25,000 on my X and 300 over invoice on the TL but that was over the phone and a cold call to Pierce whom i got off this thread. Just thrilled and waiting for them to find my combo now. Hope you give them a try. Oh and the cookies they send after the deal is seal are delicious.LOL

Just on a side note: They also are going to put in writing my option to purchase the ASPEC kit at 10% dealer cost for 12 months.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:48 AM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

nadbunka,
I am going into a lease and there was not even a trunk tray to haggle about when my deal was sealed. I had to BEG for a nice A lincense plate.LOL I got the car at invoice and i do mean on the dollar not a few hundered over. They first come in a 27,200 and 600 over over invoice the final tally was total invoice and 28,200 on my trade. My MDX is black on black with navi and 31,500 miles on it. THese people have the best service dept around. I have been in twice and both with maintance related things the first time my advisor Shannon put me in a 04 TSX christmas time last year about a month ago i was in and wanted the shims put in the brakes and a few other things they gave me an 04 TL to drive! I don't know how it works in your hometown but my little hometown your lucky to get them to drive you back to work or to a mall. LOL I think i got a great deal and could'nt be more happy. I'm a returning customer and i think that meant something to them. I got my mdx at 500 over invoice with a trade in on my 00 honda odsessy which had a lease balance of right at 18,000 which they allowed me 21,000 on so i came into the X with great numbers then too but i think this deal is even sweeter. Orange Parks first stab was 25,000 on my X and 300 over invoice on the TL but that was over the phone and a cold call to Pierce whom i got off this thread. Just thrilled and waiting for them to find my combo now. Hope you give them a try. Oh and the cookies they send after the deal is seal are delicious.LOL

Just on a side note: They also are going to put in writing my option to purchase the ASPEC kit at 10% dealer cost for 12 months.
Tammy - Sounds like you did do quite well. Acura certified 2002MDX's with similar milage around here are going for about $32K so you did great. They may make a few dollars off your old MDX but not too much. Some of the people postong on here claim they got a car at invoice but then after discussing the details, they end up only getting something like $26K for their $30K trade. Sounds like you did it right and did get a god deal. Congrats. What color combo are you looking for?
Old 07-24-2004, 03:01 AM
Instructor

Who is this Pierce guy? Salesperson/manager anyway can I please have his number, the deals he's giving are great. What is the invoice on a TL with navi auto? SO Ill know what im paying over invoice... I know I will be giving him a call soon..
Old 07-24-2004, 09:17 AM
Cruisin'

Invoice on an 04TL Navi AT is $32,120.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by currage
Invoice on an 04TL Navi AT is $32,120.

Thanks!

Anyone have a number for this Mr Pierce at Orange Park Acura?
Old 07-24-2004, 03:27 PM
Advanced

Booyah, If your commenting off my deal that was with Duval Acura NOT Orange Park. Piecre came in with a nice offer for a cold call on the TL but did'nt want to give me a thing for my trade. I don't have there number, however Duval Acura is 904-725-8000. I dealt with Anothy Lewis and Kevin (New Car Mgr) there. I pick up my car next week. Thats IF they find it by then.

Ndabunka, I'm looking for the blk/blk with navi. They sold the one they had while i was still dealing with them on numbers which it was me not them dragging there feet. I had to talk with my husband who was out of town alot last week. So no biggy atleast i hope not. They had located two and where trying to neg. a trade with the dealers and transportation for the car. I think i got a great deal and don't regret signing up!LOL

32,120 is what i paid for mine plus destination fee of 545.00
Old 07-24-2004, 05:45 PM
Abyss Blue Sexiness

Booyah,
There's no direct number for Pierce, he's a manager at Acura of Orange Park. The dealership's number is 1-904-777-5600. He's a hard guy to get a hold of. I'd recommend talkng to Alex who's the internet sales manager and he works directly with Pierce. His direct number is 1-904-472-6973.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:54 PM
Instructor

Thanks Tammy and Red-T. I will look further into this now....
Old 07-24-2004, 09:50 PM
Instructor

Booyah, If your commenting off my deal that was with Duval Acura NOT Orange Park. Piecre came in with a nice offer for a cold call on the TL but did'nt want to give me a thing for my trade. I don't have there number, however Duval Acura is 904-725-8000. I dealt with Anothy Lewis and Kevin (New Car Mgr) there. I pick up my car next week. Thats IF they find it by then.

Ndabunka, I'm looking for the blk/blk with navi. They sold the one they had while i was still dealing with them on numbers which it was me not them dragging there feet. I had to talk with my husband who was out of town alot last week. So no biggy atleast i hope not. They had located two and where trying to neg. a trade with the dealers and transportation for the car. I think i got a great deal and don't regret signing up!LOL

32,120 is what i paid for mine plus destination fee of 545.00
I finally closed with Anthony and the sales manager at my house. They also had to search for my car and found it in N Carolina. It was a great deal and I'm happy with it and the dealer.

Don't visit Mike at the toy store unless you have a high resistence factor. I wound up dropping another $600+ on a clear bra and tint. tint? Sounds lile my wife washing out the grey.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:10 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
31,600 out the door wdp,auto,parchment interior w/ mud guards,wheel locks,trunk tray at a south florida dealership
Old 07-25-2004, 11:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by consultauto
31,600 out the door wdp,auto,parchment interior w/ mud guards,wheel locks,trunk tray at a south florida dealership

With or without Navi??? Nice price otherwise...enjoy
Old 07-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
no navi
Old 07-28-2004, 02:47 PM
9th Gear

I got a Desert Mist/Navi/5AT/Wheel Locks/Mud Guards for $34,700 drive out from Duval Acura. I dealt with Anthony Lewis.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:35 PM
10th Gear

After shopping around the entire state (literally) I ended up back with my original dealer in Orlando and purchased a SSM/Quartz/Navi today for $32,770 plus tax and title. I was not planning on buying today, but I drove by the lot and saw that there was a brand new one sitting out back with the wrappers still on. I went in, asked if it was taken, they said it was pre-sold but that the person had backed out of it earlier today. I said "I'll take it." The first 32 miles in this car were sweet. I've got some homework to do tonight wading through all these manuals.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:02 PM
got speed?

thanks for the kind words

Hey guys thanks for the nice props on my Tl deals.

My name is Pierce Fleming and I am the New car manager at Acura Of Orange Park. I welcome all feedback and questions regarding Acura's-I can be reached at pfleming@acuraoforangepark.com.
I have been with this same dealership since 1998 and have consistantly sold over 1000 new Acura's per year and have a very straightforward approach to this business. I found out about this forum just today and am encouraged by everyone's enthusiasm for this great car. It's kind of ironic because I just taped up on one this past friday myself.

2004 Acura Tl-Nighthawk black/ebony
6-speed manual transmission
19"x8" ROH wheels in "black ice"
245/35/19 Michelin Pilot Sport
Factory ground effects
shaved emblems(I always do this)
Platinum window tint

comptech exhaust on order
injen intake on order
100 shot nitros to be installed(after mods)-(I'll keep ya'll posted on this one)

My previous car was a 99 996 porsche and I gotta tell you I LOVE MY TL! Anyway wanted to introduce myself to the community..

Pierce
Old 07-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by PIERCE@ACURA-O.P.
Hey guys thanks for the nice props on my Tl deals.

My name is Pierce Fleming and I am the New car manager at Acura Of Orange Park. I welcome all feedback and questions regarding Acura's-I can be reached at pfleming@acuraoforangepark.com.
I have been with this same dealership since 1998 and have consistantly sold over 1000 new Acura's per year and have a very straightforward approach to this business. I found out about this forum just today and am encouraged by everyone's enthusiasm for this great car. It's kind of ironic because I just taped up on one this past friday myself.

2004 Acura Tl-Nighthawk black/ebony
6-speed manual transmission
19"x8" ROH wheels in "black ice"
245/35/19 Michelin Pilot Sport
Factory ground effects
shaved emblems(I always do this)
Platinum window tint

comptech exhaust on order
injen intake on order
100 shot nitros to be installed(after mods)-(I'll keep ya'll posted on this one)

My previous car was a 99 996 porsche and I gotta tell you I LOVE MY TL! Anyway wanted to introduce myself to the community..

Pierce
Sounds nice! When do we get pics?
Old 07-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Advanced

Hey Pierce it's Tammy from GA i talked to you last week Thursday. I'm dealing with Duval and i'm very happy with my deal except i have had to settle for anchrite/ebony/navi/at I called and you guys did'nt have one either i guess i'll grin and bear that one. I am suppose to get it Saturday. Thanks for talking to me though and welcome to the forum.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:04 PM
got speed?

pics coming

I will have pics posted in a day or so. Tammy-I've got 60 Tl's in stock and I didn't have the one you wanted??? GIve me another opp. if you wish-either way I appreciate the consideration.. You will love this car-I just bought one last week.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:20 PM
Abyss Blue Sexiness

Hey Pierce,

Welcome to the forum. I hear my car (blue/quartz 6mt navi) should be at your dealership next week so I'm excited. I noticed you switched out the stock tires for the michelin pilots. Did you do that at the dealership or on your own? How much did the upgrade cost you?

Roman
Old 07-30-2004, 12:12 PM
got speed?

hey roman

Roman,

Yes I switched to michelin pilot sports 245/35/19 when I put my new wheels on. Even though they look like rubber bands, the ride quality is surprisingly good. I bought them through my dealership for $285 a piece, and I can hook you up with a set on your car you have on order.(17" should be considerably less)

Your car should be here soon and will give you an update as soon as I get the info. The wait for your car is certainly worth it-I couldn't be happier with my new Tl.

Pierce