3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well TL is gone, new BMW M Roadster is in :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 05:55 AM
Hooksta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennedy
Easy... My Harley V-Rod gets 0-60 in those times. In 1st gear too!
Sorry, just had to get my 2 cents in too.

Time for the lockski.
Ironic that someone who obviously as an eye for a car with quality and reliability, would chose to also ride a Harley. (Just kidding).
Old 05-27-2007, 07:49 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by adam12hicks
Lol I've owned 3 BMWs, all 2 of them M cars, and none of them have ever been in the shop. I don't own them past 50,000 miles, and everything is included.

It's unfortunate to see just how immature people on this board can be, but it's another reason to move to a more 'grown up' car... but one that will still spank the pants off of any stock Acura ever built (yes, that includes the NSX thanks...)

So thanks to those who made sensible comments and understand the differences.

Adam
If snob appeal is what you are going after it looks like you will fit right in.

No doubt, the BMW's are great drivers cars, but higher quality than Acura?, I don't think so. Check out any reliability stats and none of them will show BMW ahead of Acura. I had an M3 and loved driving it but I knew it would not be as a reliable as an Acura. The BMW's are no longer worth the premium they charge and have been having some pretty significant quality problems as of late.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
Yep that's what happens on Honda and Acura forms. Luckily for me this kind of retarded shit doesn't happen on Bimmerfest.com. I OWNED a TL for a while... so it's not like worried about 'hey look at me.' I would have bought an Elise for less money and got a lot more looks.

As far as the Vette comment goes... are you smoking crack? I have a very close friend with a C6 Z06... what a performer! Too bad it was in the shop more than it was on the road and they finally lemon law'd the thing. Have you ever sat in a Chevy car before? Hell the TL blows it away in quality.

The others on the board talking the smack about BMW wouldn't do so if they were driving one. They're great cars, and are rock solid. I left a 3 series e46 for the TL and after a year decided I just didn't want to live with the thin materials and annoying torque steer.

For the guy who asked why not an M3... the Roadster is actually faster than the M3 due to less weight, has the M3 CSL brakes which are phenomenal, and I wanted a little convertible I could toss around. I really dislike the looks of the M3 vert, though I love the coupe. This is only to hold me over until the V8 M3 comes out.

And for all of those complaining about BMW quality, how many times must I mention that I only own the cars while in warranty, so I could really care less about how much it will cost for the next guy to repair it out of warranty. I buy a new car about every 2 years on average. My next car will either be the Cayman (I know, a girls car!) or the V8 M3 (yep... girls car!)

Unfortunately guys, I see more women driving TLs than men, so YOUR comments are the pot calling the kettle black.

What else girls?
Yep- here's a perfect example of how "retarded shit doesn't happen on bimmerfest.com"

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=208309
Old 05-27-2007, 09:24 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,294 Likes on 2,649 Posts
Yep that's what happens on Honda and Acura forms. Luckily for me this kind of retarded shit doesn't happen on Bimmerfest.com. I OWNED a TL for a while... so it's not like worried about 'hey look at me.' I would have bought an Elise for less money and got a lot more looks.

As far as the Vette comment goes... are you smoking crack? I have a very close friend with a C6 Z06... what a performer! Too bad it was in the shop more than it was on the road and they finally lemon law'd the thing. Have you ever sat in a Chevy car before? Hell the TL blows it away in quality.

The others on the board talking the smack about BMW wouldn't do so if they were driving one. They're great cars, and are rock solid. I left a 3 series e46 for the TL and after a year decided I just didn't want to live with the thin materials and annoying torque steer.

For the guy who asked why not an M3... the Roadster is actually faster than the M3 due to less weight, has the M3 CSL brakes which are phenomenal, and I wanted a little convertible I could toss around. I really dislike the looks of the M3 vert, though I love the coupe. This is only to hold me over until the V8 M3 comes out.

And for all of those complaining about BMW quality, how many times must I mention that I only own the cars while in warranty, so I could really care less about how much it will cost for the next guy to repair it out of warranty. I buy a new car about every 2 years on average. My next car will either be the Cayman (I know, a girls car!) or the V8 M3 (yep... girls car!)

Unfortunately guys, I see more women driving TLs than men, so YOUR comments are the pot calling the kettle black.

What else girls?
This post only validates my earlier post of the pot calling the kettle black
Old 05-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 217 Likes on 131 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.

I would dump the car as soon as the warranty expires. BMW labor rate is 130/hr.

Anyway, as always, our 3G guys have found away to see you off in a fashion that speaks for itself...

Take care...