Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WeatherTech Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 06:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WeatherTech Floor Mats

In a previous post, I asked if anyone had recommendations on winter mats. There were some helpful responses and I appreciated the comments.

Several folks suggested that the Acura black winter mats would be fine for my Parchment interior and supplied photos. They looked OK but I wanted something with less contrast to Parchment.

So, I ordered the tan WeatherTech Classic rubber mats and they just arrived. (Four day delivery from MacNeil in Chicago land)

I was within just a few seconds of getting out the industrial grade shears to trim the front mats to fit when my feeble brain realized that all I needed to do was turn over the driver side front mat.

They fit pretty well as you can see from the enclosed photo of the driver side. It looks as if they had been trimmed a bit by the distributor to fit the TL.

Color, as you can see, is not at all a match with the mats being considerably darker. However, that doesn't bother me as they'll probably look cleaner.

Quality is excellent - very heavy rubber. They're made in the UK.

Finally, the rear mats will take some trimming to fit well - there are score lines on them to make trimming easier.

Hope this helps anyone who is considering putting winter mats in their TL.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:07 PM
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Photo?
Old 12-18-2003, 06:16 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: WeatherTech Floor Mats

Originally posted by daveinmass

So, I ordered the tan WeatherTech Classic rubber mats and they just arrived. (Four day delivery from MacNeil in Chicago land) I was within just a few seconds of getting out the industrial grade shears to trim the front mats to fit when my feeble brain realized that all I needed to do was turn over the driver side front mat.
They fit pretty well as you can see from the enclosed photo of the driver side. It looks as if they had been trimmed a bit by the distributor to fit the TL. Color, as you can see, is not at all a match with the mats being considerably darker. However, that doesn't bother me as they'll probably look cleaner.
Quality is excellent - very heavy rubber. They're made in the UK.
Finally, the rear mats will take some trimming to fit well - there re score lines on them to make trimming easier. Hope this helps anyone who is considering putting winter mats in their TL.
Anything is good we would require to have pictures... if you strongly recommed this, we need pics...

I have the parchment interior, too, and think of getting something as you said. If you can make some photos here, it's will be the great help. Thanks.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
I put Weathertech mats in the wife's Odyssey this year, and got the Acura all-weathers in mine. The only thing I remotely don't like about the Weathertechs is they have a very strong odor of, well, of rubber mat. The Acura's didn't seem as strong but perhaps the new car smell was masking them.

Mike
Old 12-19-2003, 03:08 AM
bluLEGEND

I bought the Weather Tech mats and yes, they initially smell like rubber odor. Like they are made of some cheapo rubber or something. But so far I like them very much and the grooves are fairly deep and the mats do not shift from stepping on them. The smell has since dissipated after a couple months of having them in the car. If you don't want that smell, maybe you could just leave them in your garage for a couple weeks to let them air out. They seem high quality. I think the rubber smell comes from the soft compound they are made of. They stick to your feet nicely when you get in with slush on your feet.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:17 AM
Instructor

I almost sent mine (weathertechs) back until I realized I was trying to put the passenger side one on the drivers side!

The big plus is that they really hold a lot of water/slush and unless you are shoveling it into your car the floor/carpet will stay dry.