Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 08:21 AM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A
You want us to lock the funniest thread ever posted in 3G?

It doesn't matter if it is true or not, it is still entertainment in the highest form and lots of people are enjoying this.

So far it is one of those rare threads like this one that hasn't gotten abusive or with excessive name calling, so as long as it stays polite, it should stay open.
Either way keep it open!!! But perhaps we can bill his parents for occupying the lad for so long. This is definitely cheaper then having them pay day care.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:27 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

I agree, simply a hoax. No one in the history of life on earth could be so idiotic without haven been eaten by the neighborhood poodle.

Still, this is better entertainment than paying for Blockbusters!

Originally Posted by joed40
Please, for God's sake, if you persist on posting this hoax at least use spell check, or write the response in crayon and have someone else older and wiser (14 or so) check your post out. Yet still I am strangely drawn to reading these, like staring at an auto accident.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:35 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
Originally Posted by TampaMike
No one in the history of life on earth could be so idiotic without haven been eaten by the neighborhood poodle.
BEST....QUOTE....EVER...

HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA
Old 10-25-2005, 08:40 AM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Old 10-25-2005, 09:05 AM
Instructor

just wanted to say thanx to tl_luvva for making me laugh for last 5 min......keep up the good work.....even though his story is obviously made-up (for example, dealer would never even give him a loaner car w/o his parents if the title is under his parents name), the entertainment value is
Old 10-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Instructor

This just gets better & better... If this WAS real it would make you think about selective breeding....
Old 10-26-2005, 01:49 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by cmt1
This just gets better & better... If this WAS real it would make you think about selective breeding....

It's no wonder they outlawed inbreeding! but apparently from this guy's experience, someone did not obey the law

As far as this story being real, I wonder as I have met some pretty stupid people out there in the world.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:53 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by tl_luvva
Wusssssup!!! New TL owner here

Got my new TL Monday nte---- auto/navi/anthracite+ A-SPEC! This ride is sweeeeet! I just got it tinted and was at school on Wed. when some wannabe poser in a modded IS starts giving me crap about FWD, tork steer-- whatever! He's got 4 of his friends with him and they start going off about how I couldn't even do donuts in the TL. The driver (who's a total tool) shows off his IS and does a couple of spins in the parking lot. i know its kinda hard to do donuts in a FWD but I've been to driving school and I know I have a lot more skills than you're average driver. so I floor the TL and get up to about 40 (i luv this engine!!!!) I lay on the e-break and the tail goes out and I get into a nice spin. I punch up the engine but there must have been something wrong with the accellerator 'cause the car didn't go straight and it clipped the back of some pice of crap pickup. I am so pissed!

so now the TL's got a small dent and scratch on the rear bumper. I am SOOOO peeved that the traction control obviously doesn't work but i still like the car. I don't want to tell my parents that the car is defective so I'm thinking of just getting the bumper fixed under warranty...do you guys think I should make the dealer fix the bumper or should i just return the car?

This is what elmers kid would post...
Old 10-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does anyone else think there should be an IQ test when people get their licenses?
man the closest thing to an automobile i had when i was 18 was a pair of tims and a mongoose.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Instructor

I agree, this thread is a fake, it goes right up there with the mustang owner that put armor all on his tires. That being said, a "sweet 06 G35" would be much better at doing donuts.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBellSauce
does anyone else think there should be an IQ test when people log onto this website?

fixed
Old 10-27-2005, 01:27 AM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Originally Posted by silver05tl
I agree, this thread is a fake, it goes right up there with the mustang owner that put armor all on his tires. That being said, a "sweet 06 G35" would be much better at doing donuts.
It took me a while, but I have now figured this entire thing out! His reference to knowing how to do donuts, I should've guessed before. TL luvva, when you get home from work, sit down, take that Krispy Kreme hat off, and come clean....... this is a hoax!
Old 10-27-2005, 01:45 AM
6MT & LSD

holy shit, I can't believe I missed this thread.

Oh man, I'm gonna come read this thread whenever I'm feeling down or having a shitty day. I mean I knew a few tools when I went to HS, but wow, this is beyond retarded.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:06 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TacoBellSauce
does anyone else think there should be an IQ test when people get their licenses?

Hey we can go one better... an IQ test for drivers licenses AND an IQ test to use a computer...
Old 10-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Did we scare Pookie off? Why hasn't he posted in a while? Has he told Acura that he wants a replacement car for free yet? Come on TL_luvva, we need answers!
Old 10-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Drifting

Get a Turbo Porsche...I hear they do great donuts and look good in the HS parking lot. You might have to do a few extra chores but I'm sure if you sweep the driveway and take the trash out a few times that should cover it.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 73 Posts
too funny.....too sad!

This is way too funny and way too sad at the same time.

Let me get this straight. This kid thinks he's a good driver because he can do donuts in a parking lot? What?

He then goes out and hits a parked vehicle, then tries to blame it on faulty TCS? It can't be his fault for being stupid, right?

Then, he conveniently doesn't tell the owner of the vehicle he hit because it already had a dent?

Awright, at this point I thought it was a joke.

But then, he wants Acrua to pay for his mistakes/stupidity under warranty?

To add to this madness, he doesn't want to tell his parents, but does want to waltz right into either the Acura and/or an Infinity dealership and expects them to hand him another new car?

He deserves a very nice car because he does.....what?......chores around the house?

Here's the way I see it. KID....you should have a warrant out for your arrest for the "hit & run". The truck owner has probably already filed with the police dept., so that means they're already looking for you. You should have your license suspended for a good long while. You need some remedial training on taking responsibility for the dumb shit you've done. You need to be flipping a lot of burgers after school to pay for the damage you did, not only to the car your parents bought for you, but also for the damage you did to the parked vehicle and the higher insurance premiums you've caused.. You need to make a personal appology to the owner of the truck, for not just hitting it, but trying to cover it up and running from it. You need to appologize to your parents for the grief you've caused them over this whole fiasco.

If you lived in my household, you'd be grounded until you repaid everything. No driving an Acura, not an Infinity.....not even a 10 year old Neon. Driving privileges revoked. You'd be using KEDs for transportation.

Unreal! Can anyone be anymore narcissistic? I've suffered a lot of stupidity with other people, but combine that with a total break down of one's moral compass leaves me dumbfounded. You're future looks real hazy right now, both as a decent person, and as a credit to anyone as a simple human being. This disgusts me.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Gratis dictum

The unending saga continues...........................It's still pretty comical, but it does give folks an opportunity to express their feelings regarding the event.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Originally Posted by graphicguy

Let me get this straight. This kid thinks he's a good driver because he can do donuts in a parking lot? What?

He then goes out and hits a parked vehicle, then tries to blame it on faulty TCS? It can't be his fault for being stupid, right?

Then, he conveniently doesn't tell the owner of the vehicle he hit because it already had a dent?

To add to this madness, he doesn't want to tell his parents, but does want to waltz right into either the Acura and/or an Infinity dealership and expects them to hand him another new car?

He deserves a very nice car because he does.....what?......chores around the house?

Here's the way I see it. KID....you should have a warrant out for your arrest for the "hit & run". The truck owner has probably already filed with the police dept., so that means they're already looking for you. You should have your license suspended for a good long while. You need some remedial training on taking responsibility for the dumb shit you've done. You need to be flipping a lot of burgers after school to pay for the damage you did, not only to the car your parents bought for you, but also for the damage you did to the parked vehicle and the higher insurance premiums you've caused.. You need to make a personal appology to the owner of the truck, for not just hitting it, but trying to cover it up and running from it. You need to appologize to your parents for the grief you've caused them over this whole fiasco.

If you lived in my household, you'd be grounded until you repaid everything. No driving an Acura, not an Infinity.....not even a 10 year old Neon. Driving privileges revoked. You'd be using KEDs for transportation.

Unreal! Can anyone be anymore narcissistic? I've suffered a lot of stupidity with other people, but combine that with a total break down of one's moral compass leaves me dumbfounded. You're future looks real hazy right now, both as a decent person, and as a credit to anyone as a simple human being. This disgusts me.
I could not have said it better myself. He hasn't replied in a while, so the police finally found him, and he's getting ass raped in prison. I hope bubba uses KY jelly pal!
Old 10-27-2005, 01:44 PM
2nd Gear

Is this for real?

Originally Posted by tl_luvva
Yes it does matter!! hopyfully you can understand what im saying b/c you obveously dont get it! the truck was a piece of JUNK with a bumper that was allready messed up. the little dent from the TL doesnt change anything. but if I tell the guy my TL hit his truck, he will file an insurance claim and get a new bumper! even though the old one was allready messed up! and then the insurance companies will charge even MORE money b/c they are fixing bumpers that shouldnt be fixed.
WOW...
That's all I have to write for my first post.
Have to make it simple for him to understand.
The following users liked this post:
BlueAc (04-15-2013)
Old 10-27-2005, 03:23 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Damn guys.....how did I miss this one! I havent even read through it all yet and its got my laughing my ass off.....nuff said for me! (I guess you have to let some of em go, huh!)

This guy is unreal....
Old 10-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Pro

Personally, if I were the guy who's truck this kid hit, I'd forget the police report and start kicking his ass in the middle of the road. I'd schedul a time and a day, every week, to kick this kid's ass until he paid for my bumper.

Only after I got done doing that, would I call the police and let them know this kid committed a "hit & run" on my vehicle.

Then, if I were his parents, I'd bring him home and kick his ass some more.

Maybe then he'll GET IT!

As you guys tried (in vain) to explain, as did the Acura service dept., the TCS didn't cause the accident, his stupidity is to blame. There's nothing wrong with the TCS. It works the way it's supposed to. It can't account for utter stupidity, though.

I can't even imagine the laugh the Acura dealership got from this kid bounding into the service area and the showroom, demanding they cover the damage under warranty. I bet the sales crew got a chuckle when he wanted a brand new TL since he wreked the one his mummy and daddy gave him.

As a side note, I just bought a new '05, black/black TL w/Navi for $32.5. Great cars. So what do I first see as I stumble over here to get some more info about the new ride? I see this dumbasses posts.

Got a chance to look at the rest of the sight. Very nice job with (mostly) good members.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:18 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Personally, if I were the guy who's truck this kid hit, I'd forget the police report and start kicking his ass in the middle of the road. I'd schedul a time and a day, every week, to kick this kid's ass until he paid for my bumper.

Only after I got done doing that, would I call the police and let them know this kid committed a "hit & run" on my vehicle.

Then, if I were his parents, I'd bring him home and kick his ass some more.

Maybe then he'll GET IT!

As you guys tried (in vain) to explain, as did the Acura service dept., the TCS didn't cause the accident, his stupidity is to blame. There's nothing wrong with the TCS. It works the way it's supposed to. It can't account for utter stupidity, though.

I can't even imagine the laugh the Acura dealership got from this kid bounding into the service area and the showroom, demanding they cover the damage under warranty. I bet the sales crew got a chuckle when he wanted a brand new TL since he wreked the one his mummy and daddy gave him.

As a side note, I just bought a new '05, black/black TL w/Navi for $32.5. Great cars. So what do I first see as I stumble over here to get some more info about the new ride? I see this dumbasses posts.

Got a chance to look at the rest of the sight. Very nice job with (mostly) good members.
You've not run into me yet apparently! I am a real asshole once you get to know me! (lol)

No for real....we are trying to wean that down a bit guy...dont get discouraged! While we all know how to use our really well....most of us are trying to get some water out on the situation now. Been having too much fun and they are worried about long term health effects and loss of vision problems with the members! Welcome to the forum (as if I am official welcome wagon or something! :killer
there is lots to be learned here....none of which will you find in this particular thread. This is just some dude that apparently :gheyfight: needs to figure it out that is currently getting flamed.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:23 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

I think this is a hoax. Anyone with enough basic aptitude to post on a forum is smart enough to not do crap like that. If it's true, it's a wonder he can feed himself with his own hands.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:34 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Mods....this thread has become worthless!
Old 10-27-2005, 04:41 PM
Cruisin'

Warranty covers defects in workmanship and parts. not in drivers mistakes or anyother outside influence
Old 10-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
You've not run into me yet apparently! I am a real asshole once you get to know me! (lol)

No for real....we are trying to wean that down a bit guy...dont get discouraged! While we all know how to use our really well....most of us are trying to get some water out on the situation now. Been having too much fun and they are worried about long term health effects and loss of vision problems with the members! Welcome to the forum (as if I am official welcome wagon or something! :killer
there is lots to be learned here....none of which will you find in this particular thread. This is just some dude that apparently :gheyfight: needs to figure it out that is currently getting flamed.
Benz....thanks for the welcome. There aren't many people I can't get along with.

It just so happened, this was the first threads I clicked on and saw this. At first I thought it was a hoax and funny. Then, as it progressed, it became clear this dumbass was serious.

This is my first Acura. I've threatened to buy one several times. I came close to buying an old Legend (from an old man) a couple of years ago. I was amazed how nice, tight and sporting it still drove being over 12 years old and with over 150,000 miles on the clock.

I went through a series of BMWs. Nice cars that are very sporting. But, they are hell on upkeep after the warranty period. I got tired of that. Plus, the new ones, in many ways, aren't as good as the previous models. BMW has to be the first car company I've ever seen where their newer models are actually worse than those that preceded them. Test drove an A4 quatro. Again, nice sporting cars, but they didn't have that "all of a piece" feel that the TL had.

Was actually invited to the Lexus dealer to participate in the "hands on" for the release of the new IS. The IS 250 was toooo slloooowww. The IS 350 is a "WOW" car. But, you start plunking down mid $40s for a car, and a lot of other alternatives become viable (like the GS and a Corvette). ES did nothing for me.

As soon as I took my first test drive of the TL, everything else I drove that was anywhere in the vicinity of its price range, couldn't compete. Yeah, some may have had one or two things I may have liked better. But, none of them did everything as well as the TL.

I'm looking forward to a long, fun and trouble free ownership experience.

Found you guys and it looks like I've found a home in which I can get good information and answers.

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2005, 04:51 PM
I'm Baaack!

Where the hell have I been that I missed this one while it was ramping up??????

Anyway kids let's review what we've learned today:
1) This is one of the funniest threads ever
2) There are a whole lot of people in here that have no sense of humor whatsoever

Anything else??? anyone???

oh and 3) that's 7 minutes of my life I will never .. EVER get back!!

Thanks TLLuvva!!
Old 10-28-2005, 07:48 AM
Drifting

CHILL Dude!! This post is a joke just in case you didn't realize it. Nobody can be that stupid.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JetJock
CHILL Dude!! This post is a joke just in case you didn't realize it. Nobody can be that stupid.

LOL...... I dunno about that I have met some dumbass people. haha
Old 10-30-2005, 12:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by cmt1
Hey we can go one better... an IQ test for drivers licenses AND an IQ test to use a computer...
the IQ test to use a computer might not be a good idea
all the retards wont be able to access porn online and will be in the streets doin donuts with TLs and getting new ones to replace it
Old 10-30-2005, 12:54 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by bluenoise
I think this is a hoax. Anyone with enough basic aptitude to post on a forum is smart enough to not do crap like that. If it's true, it's a wonder he can feed himself with his own hands.
Did I miss something?? What makes you think he can do that? I'm easy, I think he was serious.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:59 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TampaMike

"Dear Acura,

Your car is stupid. It let me drive into a tree. Give me a new one."

Mike you are too funny bro...I am dying over here!! HAHA

You must be a highschool noob with rich parents...if you own a near luxury vehicle, please treat it like a near luxury vehicle -- i.e. if you want something to do donuts with, go get a used civic
Old 10-30-2005, 01:42 AM
Instructor

i want you to try to return it,,,,
the dealer will laugh at you.
and yes your driving skills are better then most,,,,????------lmao
can i have some of the crack your smoking
stupid teen

just so you know we all were just a stupid as you at one time but this is how you learn
good luck in life
Old 10-30-2005, 07:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

man i know crackbabies that can drive better than u
Old 10-30-2005, 10:35 AM
6MT & LSD

Originally Posted by acura101west

just so you know we all were just a stupid as you at one time but this is how you learn
I beg to differ.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:17 PM
Instructor

humor...

I figured out why we haven't heard from tl_luvva in a while... He may be out in the TL 'tryin to get some...', now I know what your thinking but he could take a pictoral guide, an instruction manual, and palm pilot for instructions. I just hope the ACURA's 'Be sure to use a condom warning works' or they are likely to be sued for the cost of rasing a kid dumber than the original poster (yeah I know, but it is possible).